Manly v Storm Pre-game/PostGame

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Zep

Bencher
ok so i am heading down for my first manly home game in 10 years... considering i am only 22 i don't know much about what happens. Can anyone giuves us the run down of where people go before and after the game. Would be great to catch up with some of you guys and have a beer or three.

Before:  drink somewhere

After:  drink somewhere

?
:p

That's what i usually do anyways, at the Leagues Club...

Leagues club is the best venue for both - though some people do go to Brookvale pub. A lot of us sit on the hill near the to of the walkway on the Eastern side - close to the beer stall - but some of the softer on this forum sit in the stands with the hoi-polloi!!!

Being in your situation in the past Zep, i would recommend forgetting about the pre match beer at the pub, getting to the ground when gates open and lay on the hill watching all 3 grades

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Being in your situation in the past Zep, i would recommend forgetting about the pre match beer at the pub, getting to the ground when gates open and lay on the hill watching all 3 grades

or sometimes now only 2 grades

Berkeley_Eagle link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=178041.msg191860#msg191860 date=1217658859]

or sometimes now only 2 grades
[/quote]
Good to see you've updated your sig banner B.E. Chalked another one up for the Beaver.

yeah making sure we are there for the toyota cup.

really excited

got the jucies flowing watching the game last night and this morning

Good call on Kiwi's part - take a LOT of cash, get there when gates open and drink on the hill!  It's always good to see the earlier games, helps build up to the big one

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=178041.msg191865#msg191865 date=1217661978]
Nothing wrong with the Arko stand CW
Nothing wrong with the Stand - I agree. It is just that you are soft sitting there! ;) :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D
[/quote]

I am not used to large crowds on the hill.  Grew up sitting on the hill at NSO where you could sit and not have anyone within 10 feet or you. 

Sitting on the hill watching norths play for 25 years was tough.  Have served my time now deserve to sit in comfort on JT stand at half way mark. 

Hope it doesn't rain to much on Friday night CW.

tookey link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=178041.msg191875#msg191875 date=1217673549]
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=178041.msg191865#msg191865 date=1217661978]
Nothing wrong with the Arko stand CW
Nothing wrong with the Stand - I agree. It is just that you are soft sitting there! ;) :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D
[/quote]

I am not used to large crowds on the hill.  Grew up sitting on the hill at NSO where you could sit and not have anyone within 10 feet or you. 

Sitting on the hill watching norths play for 25 years was tough.  Have served my time now deserve to sit in comfort on JT stand at half way mark. 

Hope it doesn't rain to much on Friday night CW.

[/quote]

The hill is only good when it isn't massively crowded. However these days (Apart from Friday) there is no point sitting there, even if you start with the best spot, you don't see the game, everyone stands in front of you etc and it's just a **** fight.

It's the stands for me vs the Titans

Bunch of softt coques.  The Hill amongst the stoned/drunken bretheren is the place to be.

Blow Storm away

John Greco

5 August 2008

beaver.jpg

Steve Menzies scores a magnificent try in the Sea Eagles' 30-10 victory over Penrith at Brookvale Oval on Friday night.
Picture: MARTIN LANGE ~ PP175327.

FORMER Manly premiership-winning captain Max Krilich believes the Sea Eagles must fight "fire with fire" if they hope to topple premiership favourites Melbourne on Friday night.

In a match many believe will be a dress rehearsal for this year's decider, the Sea Eagles need a win over the Storm at Brookvale Oval to gain some confidence against the premiers ahead of the finals.

Manly have lost heavily in their last two clashes against Melbourne, the most recent a 26-4 loss at Olympic Park in round 5.

Krilich said Storm still deserve premiership favouritism, but Manly must adopt a combative approach to win.

"Manly need to be aggressive or they'll get beat," the former Australian captain said last night.

"You have to fight fire with fire, like St George did a few weeks ago.

"Get stuck in there and play them at their own game. I'm not saying go out and start a fight but Manly need to be very aggressive.

"They need to play like (the Storm) do.

"They're aggressive in the tackle, get at least three guys in there and lie all over you.

"You have to do the same to them if you want to beat them."

Ex-Storm half Brett Kimmorley told The Manly Daily the game presents a chance for the Sea Eagles to get over their Melbourne hoodoo. "This will be one to help them get that monkey off their back," he said last night.

"You can have a few doubts and Manly will be full of confidence but do they have any hang up over that (ability to beat Melbourne)?"

Key Manly second-rower Anthony Watmough had a light run yesterday and is expected to play. His presence in Manly's team will impact on the betting market for Friday night's clash. "If Watmough plays, Manly will be a touch shorter on the market," TAB Sportsbet spokeman Glenn Munsie said.

Watmough will play after recovering from minor knee surgery last week. Half Matt Orford and centre Steve Matai will also start.

so is watmough playing or not? i r confused... getting close now! for you regulars it is nothing big, but for me... really really excited about it!

Coach Des Hasler has named a strong line-up to face off against the Melbourne Storm on Friday however the Sea Eagles will be missing Anthony Watmough, Jamie Lyon and Jason King.

SEA EAGLES NRL TEAM: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Bell, Steve Matai, David Williams, Steve Menzies, Matt Orford ©, Brent Kite, Matt Ballin, Josh Perry, Luke Williamson, Glenn Hall, Glenn Stewart
Interchange: Heath L'Estrange, Mark Bryant, Adam Cuthbertson, Jack Afamasaga
Coach: Des Hasler

Storm team : Billy Slater, Steve Turner, Matt Geyer, Israel Folau, Anthony Quinn, Greg Inglis, Cooper Cronk, Jeff Lima, Cameron Smith (capt), Brett White, Michael Crocker, Ryan Hoffman, Dallas Johnson. Interchange: Jeremy Smith, Adam Blair, Sika Manu, Antonio Kaufusi

Coach: Ass Hole

Referee: Tony Archer
Video Referee: Steve Clark

2daglu1.jpg

i hate archer... he just seems too ****ed up in the head in my opinion.. Really wouldn;t it be nice to see Bill Harrigan back, atleast he commanded some respect even though he thought he was bigger than the game

Big game pressure? What pressure?

Jason Avedissian

6 August 2008
http://manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/08/06/11440_news.html

THE Sea Eagles will pocket $100,000 and take another step towards premiership redemption if they can defeat premiers Melbourne at Brookvale Oval on Friday night.
Tickets for the highly-anticipated round-22 National Rugby League match are limited to general admission sales with all 6000 reserved seats sold out.

The game represents another chance for Manly to make up a little for their 34-8 grand final loss to Melbourne last year.

Punters across the country are also in a frenzy, with TAB Sportsbet's Glenn Munsie expecting to break the $1m barrier.
``I'd be disappointed if we didn't hold $1.5 million for the game,'' he said.

``This match is a true blockbuster.''

Sea Eagles co-owner Scott Penn said the importance of the clash could not be lost with a win vital to wrap up the minor premiership, securing $100,000 for ending the regular season as the leading club on the competition table.

``There's no question the minor premiership would be icing on the cake,'' Mr Penn said yesterday morning before departing for the Beijing Olympics.

``For us, it's not something we are focused on. We are focused on winning games.

``If we win this week, then it certainly puts us one step closer to that (minor premiership) and it would go a long way towards dissolving last year.

``It would also create positive momentum heading into the finals,'' Mr Penn said.

The Storm will arrive in Sydney tomorrow, basing themselves at Manly's Pacific Hotel ahead of Friday night's clash.

The clubs have played only once since last year's grand final, with the Storm easily winning their round-five encounter at Melbourne's Olympic Park, 26-4.

``I think home ground advantage is critical this time of year,'' Mr Penn said.

Supporters are encouraged to pre-purchase tickets through Manly-Warringah League Club or Ticketek. Holders of season junior passes will not be allowed in after 6pm.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2