Manly v Sharks [Round 15 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Sharks v Sea Eagles - Sat 21 June, 7.30pm (local), Remondis Stadium
Sharks
1 Nathan Gardner
2 Sosaia Feki
3 Blake Ayshford
4 Jonathan Wright
5 Michael Gordon
6 Todd Carney
7 Jeff Robson
8 Siosaia Vave
9 Michael Lichaa
10 Bryce Gibbs
11 Luke Lewis
12 Wade Graham
13 Paul Gallen

Interchange
14 Fa'amanu Brown
15 Chris Heighington
16 Anthony Tupou
17 Sam Tagataese
18 Tinirau Arona

Coach: Peter Sharp

Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 Peta Hiku
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Josh Starling
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brenton Lawrence
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Justin Horo
13 Jamie Buhrer

Interchange
14 Jesse Sene-Lefao
15 Dunamis Lui
16 Tom Symonds
17 Jason King
18 James Hasson
20 Jack Littlejohn

Coach: Geoff Toovey

Todd Carney, Jeff Robson, Anthony Tupou, Johnathan Wright, Siosaia Feki, Paul Gallen and Luke Lewis have all been named. Michael Lichaa starts at hooker for the injured John Morris, while Michael Gordon shifts to the wing.

Both Daly Cherry-Evans and Anthony Watmough have been named, while Jason King has also been included on an extended bench along with James Hasson and Jack Littlejohn.

JERSEY COLOUR: Pink
GAME: SHARKS V SEA EAGLES DATE: SATURDAY 21ST JUNE, 2014
VENUE: REMONDIS STADIUM NRL KICK OFF: 7.30PM [FOX]
REFEREE: Gavin Morris VIDEO REFEREES: Matt Cecchin
ASSIST REFEREE: Gavin Reynolds   Luke Phillips
TOUCH JUDGES: Steve Carrall EVALUATOR: Russell Smith
  Rickey MacFarlane MATCH DAY COACH: Russell Smith
STANDBY: Matt Noyle

Carney back in for them...He's fallen so far from his previous best it's like a different (far inferior) version of his former self.

And all the Origin participants named...

Be very surprised if they all back up.

And I'll wait and see on that, before making any (often wrong) predictions.

Any type of win will do right now. Then get Origin over with and we can strap ourselves back in for the pointy end of the season.

Aparently, Fifi has broken his wrist :s
Not having a good year. And he'll have Ennis there next year :p

Danger game for Manly as we seem to relax after a Bye. Need the PD!

All three grades will play for once, too bad its at the other end of Sydney on a cold winter night :(

#GoManly

Yeah I heard late last night about Fasteater's training accident...probly hurt his wrist signing all his TPA deals, HM!

The grub-quota in the Shire shoots up with Ennis going there, of course.

It would be great if we put 20 or 30 on em; as we all know, these are too often tricky for us.

And after what should be another epic Origin!

So even an ugly narrow win over there on Saturday, would be fine with me.

Screw the PD I'll take the two points any way we can get them.
Will be no walk over down in the Shire.

Sharks games are always tough no matter how badly they have been travelling. For them they have had a successful season if they beat us, not much else matters to them. They have a huge number of blokes back from injury which may or may not help them.

Very nervous about this game, I'll be happy with a win of any sort considering who we play in the following couple of weeks.

Looking forward to this game, it's been a few weeks since I've been able to see our Manly boys live in action. Dragging non-Manly supporting BF down to Remondis with me (he's so almost a Manly supporter, he has been to way more Manly games than Dogs games!) and even HE is looking forward to it!

eagle chick said:
Looking forward to this game, it's been a few weeks since I've been able to see our Manly boys live in action. Dragging non-Manly supporting BF down to Remondis with me (he's so almost a Manly supporter, he has been to way more Manly games than Dogs games!) and even HE is looking forward to it!

I've never met you, so safe to say I don't even know you but........

You can do better!

:D:angel::cool::p:-/

Ralphie said:
Sharks games are always tough no matter how badly they have been travelling. For them they have had a successful season if they beat us, not much else matters to them. They have a huge number of blokes back from injury which may or may not help them.

Very nervous about this game, I'll be happy with a win of any sort considering who we play in the following couple of weeks.

Reading their line-up for the game, I feel sorry for them (especially the backs). That is why I too am nervous. We seem to struggle in the "easy" games

Father Brown, lol -

Interchange
14 Fa'amanu Brown

globaleagle said:
eagle chick said:

You can do better!

Don't listen to GE Eagle Chick, you convert as many heathens as you want. You sound like a proud ambassador for truth, justice and the Manly way.

Alan said:
globaleagle said:
eagle chick said:

You can do better!

Don't listen to GE Eagle Chick, you convert as many heathens as you want. You sound like a proud ambassador for truth, justice and the Manly way.

i didn't think of the conversion side of things! Alan is correct.

Don't listen to GE! But GE told you that....so what will you do?!?!?

What...will.....you....do!

eagle chick said:
I think you should really think bout the 'long medium term viability' of the BF. :D

Their backline looks very vulnerable. But having said that it still looms as a danger game. Either we win by plenty or it will go down to the wire.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
eagle chick said:
I think you should really think bout the 'long medium term viability' of the BF. :D

That shouldn't be a problem EFM67, I'm sure EC has the charms to keep him loyal. My only concern is the sort of places she would have to frequent to find non-Manly supporters, and the toll that that would have on both her soul and liver.

Team this week now will be -
Snake
Taufua
Lyon
Matai
Hiku
Foran
Littlejohn
Lawrence
Ballin
Starling
JSL
Horo
Buhrer
Bench:
Lui
King
Symonds
Hasson / MCK

Scintillating fullback finding form at the right time
ANDREW PRENTICE MANLY DAILY JUNE 18, 2014 4:56PM
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/scintillating-fullback-finding-form-at-the-right-time/story-fngr8iii-1226958974216

SEA EAGLES fans rejoice – Brett Stewart has declared he is slowly getting back to where he wants to be.

In news that will leave rival NRL clubs wincing, the brilliant fullback will be looking to get his hands on the ball more as the run to the finals begins in earnest.

“At the start of the year my hamstring injury was hindering me a fair bit,” he said.

“It was just a matter of managing it properly and not trying to come back prematurely.

“Personally, I feel I am still a little off the pace – my support play is something I am working on. I seem to be getting stuck on the wrong side of the ruck.

“I would rather be playing my best footy in September, not now anyway.”

Stewart is firmly focused on Saturday’s away tussle with Cronulla.

The Sharks have had a season to forget but are always a tough proposition at Remondis Stadium in front of their long-suffering fans.

“Ever since I have been playing first grade, going out there is a tough game,” he said.

“It always seems to be cold, windy and raining.

“We know they will be ­desperate. It is a definite danger game for us.”

Coach Geoff Toovey has been ramming home the importance of a good start.

“The last time we came off the bye we were slow out of the blocks against the Broncos and we paid the price,” Stewart added.

“They put on a few tries and the game was more or less over as a contest early on. We can’t afford to do that again. We need to be switched on from the first minute.”

Centre Steve Matai told the Manly Daily he will take it personally if his teammates don’t turn up for each other.:p

“We won’t be complacent, it is up to the senior group to lead the way,” he said.

“It doesn’t matter who they send out to play, they will give us a good game.

“Their fans always give it to us. I am looking forward to it.”

Cronulla are expected to welcome back pivot Todd Carney, while NSW captain Paul Gallen and Luke Lewis will back up from Origin II, injury permitting. Queensland and Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans is tipped to also play his second game in four days.

Jack Littlejohn has been named on an extended bench by Toovey as cover.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4