PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Chooks v Manly [Round 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

Head to head
Played 137 games
Manly 85 wins ( 2642 points points scored ) Roosters 47 wins ( 2048 points scored )
Past 5 meetings Roosters 3 wins Manly 2 wins​

In the Roosters prime years they only managed to beat us 3 times from our last 5 clashes so they are far from our bogey team .
We all know what we can expect from the roosters and what their likely line up will be and this is to our advantage

The Roosters on the other hand are treading on unfamiliar grounds. If Our own supporters have no clue what our team line up on the day will be, the roostes will have no clue either and that will be to our advantage once again

The last time we played the roosters we came back from behind by a Des Hasler inspired resilient team performance

If Des can still get it up and Get us up again . We should beat the Roosters again

Over to you feathered friends

Oh yes ... Dont forget to join the Silvertails tipping comp and support your forum
Thank you

Go the Mighty Sea eagles !!!

We beat them last year, although a certain Corso sprinter played a big role that time.
The chooks will be relaxed, so if we let them score the first few tries they will become downright complacent. Nek minit - we strike - whammo!

I'll be there next Saturday. It's a shame Turbo is out because it would have been a good game if we were at full strength. Anyway I'll be interested in seeing how we go next week, hoping for at least a competitive performance. The 9, 6, 14 combo has me intrigued

I think we are a chance in this game. Just got a feeling Des will get us up for it. Don’t read too much into the trial as we will have a good bunch back. Sides in the early rounds will be rusty and I think we get em in a close one.
Manly 22
Easts 14

JWH sent off
Foran MOM
Saab a try on debut.

let the optimistic emojis roll in

I think we are a chance in this game. Just got a feeling Des will get us up for it. Don’t read too much into the trial as we will have a good bunch back. Sides in the early rounds will be rusty and I think we get em in a close one.
Manly 22
Easts 14

JWH sent off
Foran MOM
Saab a try on debut.

let the optimistic emojis roll in
Sorry but easts 13+ will be the tale of the tape. We won't get close to them

I'm expecting them to put a cricket score on us.
I will be over the moon to loose by 6 points or less. We did beat them early in the season last year but can't see a repeat this year. We need everyone on the field to be competitive.

But I will be tipping with my heart in the footy tipping.

I tend to disagree with Radley and Cordner ruled out.

Yes they’re got plenty of fire power but the Chooks are also notably slow starters to a season.

If Turbo is our only injury heading into Round 1 then I’ll still be confident we can jag a win.
Like your positivity I am thinking about going but just can’t bothered to put myself through another disappointing away win live.. the few 2020 games away I went to live specially the Souths loss still is deep in my memory.

I really do hope the boys and des have something special plan for easts and we can jag a win but just can’t see it happening.

The first month sets up our season. We need to manage at least 2 from 4 or it could be a long season
Agree if we need to be 2/4 bare minimum.

If we get a few big defeats watch our heads drop as a squad with the " oh no here we go again " attitude.

My tip we get done by 13+ by easts and will upset one of the panthers or souths at home.

Last edited:
The first month sets up our season. We need to manage at least 2 from 4 or it could be a long season

True but as I said in another thread remember South’s / Roosters are largely the same sides as last year , that will be hard to overcome and in the 4th game we play last years razzle dazzle grand finalists.

1/4 is more likely , if we are 2/4 I’d be over the moon.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6