Game Day: Manly v Parramatta [Round 2, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To me the Hayne plain looked disinterested yesterday and last week. I reckon unless Arfur lets him run the whole show, then I can see a dream coming on , ooooorrrrrrrrr, he,ll be trying to get Arfur sacked

Having watched the fox replay I can proudly say that was the most dominating game of the year by any club . I know its only round 2 but our team showed us many reasons why they are capable to go all the way and fight it out with the contenders . What pleased me mostly was our dominating pack of forwards . They looked as tough as any of our premiership winning packs . Tom Turbo was back to his unstoppable best , Our young and inexperienced centres Parker and Kelly played well and Croker was sound .
54 points to nil !!! . That was a record win and personally think we broke Parras spirit and I cant see them coming back from a loss like that .

Due to the number of head bands yesterday, I vote that Manly makes it part of our uniform #ManlyNinjas

images.jpeg

IMG_20180319_111325.jpg

I think people tend to under-estimate just what Semi Radradra brought to that team. Not only was he their leading try scorer, but he led their tackle busts and metres. Doesn't-matta actually scored more tries from inside their own 40 in 2017 than any other team and most of it was because Semi had broken through and gone on to score.

Does anyone care to remember The Guru back in the 80s? Same thing, if their forwards were struggling Grothe often came to the rescue with a rampaging run down the sideline. The biggest mistake they made was letting Semi go. I won't say he would have made much difference to yesterday's result, but they were a better team with Semi out there.

Spot on V8, Semi scored tries from nothing and many were from inside their own half. I don't think the slime realise what a huge impact he had in terms of getting them on the front foot and out of trouble many times. He would create things and make breaks that would lift the whole side and win them football games. In their last 2 games it seems their halves are waiting for something to happen before they get involved. No co-hesion in their side...and isn't it wonderful to see!!

Now just waiting to see how long before their other star recruit Greenturd takes over and puts in his polished performance :wait:

This will upset the general thinking, but in my opinion Brad Arthur is not as good a coach as he's being portrayed by the media. I've felt this ever since he took over Parramatta. Without Radradra as indicated Parra struggle to score points and he got them out of gaol many times over the last year especially. He's got a couple of good players in Norman, Brown, Gutherson, Mannah, and Moses has potential. But Hayne is not the player he was and is barely first grade standard now. As for Arthur, he has been promoted as the great coaching find. Personally give me Barrett any time by a country mile.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/19/nrl-judiciary-charges---sunday-football---round-2/

Parramatta prop Daniel Alvaro and Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans have both been charged by the match review committee from the Sea Eagles' win over the Eels on Sunday, although both can avoid suspension with early guilty pleas.@:mad:
View attachment 7811

That tackle was never past the horizontal!
Well...... it actually WAS past horizontal but thankfully the bloke didn't land in a bad position lol

Had another close look at the Manly win on replay and identified the following.

DCE has to be the best half now in the comp. His performance was Thurston like (what Thurston was not is today). He's way ahead of other contenders such as Cronk. Coming in a close second for man of the match in my opinion was Jake T. He's better than Glen Stewart and I'm glad he's a Manly player.

Of the rest, I could not find one weak spot in the forwards. They dominated the game and along with DCE were the reason we comfortably won. Tommy T is getting back to his best and did some good things and after DCE. was the standout back.

Taufua is now better than Uate, and was easily the better of the two wingers. Croker was good and will get better, but quite frankly Hastings at hooker and Koriosau at 5/8 looked far more dangerous. Hastings looked dangerous every time he touched the ball. Koriosau by the way was my third best on the field.

There seems to be some quite parochial local junior supporters suggesting Parker had a great game. He was competent, made no mistakes and did some good things such as saving a late try to Parra by spooning out the ball over the dead ball line. But he offered little in attack, though there were limited opportunities. Solid performance but nothing more. Kelly on the other hand was not only competent in defence, he was slick with everything he did in attack. Sorry but he's a level beyond Parker, who is probably a better option than Matt Wright, but I suspect will offer far less than Tom Wright when he gets his chance.

But this game belonged to DCE and the forwards. They won the game for us and deserve all the accolades. Well done.

I was one of the crazies out there in the heat on Sunday and boy was it worth it.
The only thing better than the result was watching the Slime supporters sulking.
Took me back to 1988 and the 64-12 win @DUFFMAN .
Another great day.
I wonder how many of us were at both.
I wouldn't imagine it would be too many.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4