Manly v Norths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle66

Bencher
Down 10-nil. 20 minutes gone

Interesting to see Liam Foran not playing.

Down 14-0, kick to come. Carving us up around the ruck.

Down 16-0. Nathan Peats having a field day. Poor marker defence.

Down 20-6, kick to come. Talanoa scored. Toovey on the sideline, must be concerned with the easy metres Norths are making in this first half.

Half time 20-6 to Norths. Not looking good for the second half. We will be running into a strong wind.

Completion rate for Manly 13/21 & Norths 16/20. Sounds like George Rose only had 3 hit ups in the first half and I think he played the full half.

Fluffy said:
who was the dummy he went through.

My apologies, he threw the dummy.

Down 26-6.

12 to go

Down 26-12, try to Rhys Wollaghan and converted by Blanch.

About 1200 at the game.

5 minutes to go.

Rose barges over for a try and converted by Blanch.

Down 26 -18.

George Burgess sent off with 4 minutes left. Late and high shot on Blanch. Raised forearm. Blanch put a short kick through from about 40 out from Norths line. Blanch coming off.

Fulltime Down 26-18

Not a great start to the year as a club overall in the three important grades.

Youth Comp: 5 games, 5 losses, 0 wins, 16th, at minus 144 (Willow's team)
Reggies: 6 games, 3 losses, 3 wins, 6th at plus 16 (Cliffy's team)
1st grade: 5 games, 3 losses, 2 wins, 13th at minus 13 (Toovey's team)

I have to wonder about Willow's credentials as a coach as well.

Only 1 important grade. But that is not going too flash. Agree with Willow's record so far, it is worse than pretty ordinary.

Wasn't he coaching NSW Cup last year, and scratched 6 wins from 22 games. That makes him 6 wins, for 27 games as a professional coach !

Aaaahahahaha...and he had a pretty good team last year, didn't he? They also ended up with a point differential of....wait for it.....190 big ones, and the bad side of the ledger that is !

Willow must be a defence first coach. Maybe he's given some tips to Tooves :)

Yeah the side looked pretty good on paper last year. I watched them once and they were terrible.

I still say we should screw all the grades in the NSW Cup - including SG Ball and Matts...just re-ignite the QLD affiliation with the Sunshine Coast, and go from there.

Honestly, it's a waste of money, resources and time for us otherwise.

I think DCE and T-Rex's stint for The SCSE did them wonders.

The biggest problem at Manly right now is that they spend around $500K on both reserves & Toyota Cup. Other clubs spend $500k on the Toyota Cup only. I know one player who left was asked to play for free but went elsewhere for good money.
But in saying that the club will spend the money when they need a batch of new players coming through.

Who was the pick of the Norths (Souths) props. I need a cheapie for my Supercoach team and with Roy out for the season, they are going to have to promote one to the top grade? How does George Burgess go?
Disappointing result for us but it wouldn't help having a number of players go back and forth due to injuries in first grade.

PJ said:
Who was the pick of the Norths (Souths) props. I need a cheapie for my Supercoach team and with Roy out for the season, they are going to have to promote one to the top grade? How does George Burgess go?
Disappointing result for us but it wouldn't help having a number of players go back and forth due to injuries in first grade.

George Burgess got sent off - was cited in the first half of a dangerous throw - then charged for using the elbow late on a kicker

Could be facing a big stretch

Rambo1987 said:
The biggest problem at Manly right now is that they spend around $500K on both reserves & Toyota Cup. Other clubs spend $500k on the Toyota Cup only. I know one player who left was asked to play for free but went elsewhere for good money.
But in saying that the club will spend the money when they need a batch of new players coming through.

Are you the leak rambofan?

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
PJ said:

George Rose got sent off - was cited in the first half of a dangerous throw - then charged for using the elbow late on a kicker

Not a good way to get back into 2v's good books. Sounds like George needs a new club

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
George Rose got sent off - was cited in the first half of a dangerous throw - then charged for using the elbow late on a kicker

You mean George Burgess, don't you?

tookey said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
PJ said:

Not a good way to get back into 2v's good books. Sounds like George needs a new club

sorry got my Geroge's mixed up - Ive editted my post.

George took 3 hit ups in the whole first half.
Tried harder in the second scored a try, inside ball off Riccardi and nearly a second

Ron E. Gibbs said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

You mean George Burgess, don't you?

Yes sorry shouldnt be posting got my head in the races.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8