Post-Game Discussion Manly V Eels [Round 8, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Eels
32 4 Pines Park
26 Apr 2024 20:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

A win is a win, first of all, so I'm pumped about that, particularly.given it's the Eels. I almost get as much satisfaction out of them losing as I do us winning hahaha.

BUT, Defense concerns me guys. It's almost nonsensical that a top 3 team has a bottom four defense.

I also don't think we will be able to change the structures given the types of player we have. I found it interesting post game the commentators were explaining the Eels the same as I've been saying about us.

Too similar (not bad by the way) forwards.We COULD swap players in and out, by why would you when we are winning ?

@mave ,you claimed the first two tries against wasn't testament to slow, either standing still or back pedaling middles (meaning we naturally squash up in Defense) meaning our flanks are thin, and reversing ? I'm not sure I agree with that.

I do think we are one marquee explosive forward, a Hooker and possibly a lock (my opinion is Arthur) away from defending more shutouts.

End of the day though, we won (again), so what's really to complain about. Siebold said there's heaps to improve. I just hope its around our defensive mindset.

Having a bit of trouble getting through the doorway.
Funny although a bit unkind HK

We may well have lost that if the Fijian fool didn't give us a helping hand / forearm. I got home a rewatched the game to watch all the ref's decisions I didn't understand watching it live. Still don't understand most of them... :)

FB_IMG_1714212337776.jpg
FB_IMG_1714197573230.jpg

Based on this week's injury report, saying Sips is running and will return 'in the next couple of weeks', sounds like there's a fair chance he'll return next weekend...hopefully.
…. A couple is 2

Just sayin’
Correct, but it didn't say will return 'in 2 weeks'. 'In the next' couple of weeks could mean anytime during the 2 weeks from when the report was done last Tuesday.
I'm saying there's as good a chance of Sips returning in 1 week as there is of 2 weeks.

Based on this week's injury report, saying Sips is running and will return 'in the next couple of weeks', sounds like there's a fair chance he'll return next weekend...hopefully.
Is there a spot for T even if fit? We would need back row cover on the bench even more so if Guac out.

Could be wrong but I reckon playing Bully or Aloiai on the edge will be preferred over Lawton/Matto/Parker. Still a good chance Toff isn't ready yet so could be a moot point anyway.
Remember when AFB had a run out on an edge for a bit? Just damaging in attack. I don't recall it being an issue in defence thou someone might have shifted there in d. Id love to see our coaching staff think out of the box and run a big man wide in attack. And keep a quicker bloke like Bull in the middle.

Remember when AFB had a run out on an edge for a bit? Just damaging in attack. I don't recall it being an issue in defence thou someone might have shifted there in d. Id love to see our coaching staff think out of the box and run a big man wide in attack. And keep a quicker bloke like Bull in the middle.
Paseka was getting a few runs in that channel against Parra and was damaging. Not sure he has the lateral movement or the motor to play big minutes there though.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8