Game Day: Manly v Eels [Round 1, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
blah blah blah
Let's just have one Manly bashing thread. They scattered around like confetti
don't be so uptight and arrogant man...
I'm sure you have plenty of other things going on in your life if you don't want to discuss DCE's form over the last couple of years.

Just on DCE......I'm not going to get into his salary again, that's been done to death.

But on his form, yes he has been down on form over the past year or so, but I think he can get it back. To me, one of Cherry's biggest strengths is his running game. He looks far more dangerous when he runs with the ball than he does when he's just passing it around. We saw that on Sunday, though we didn't have enough possession for him to do much (and its not helped having a dummy half who can't pass the ball). Now that he has had his ankle fixed, I'd like to see him do more running with the ball in his hands. We have a decent 5/8 in Green who isn't a runner so let him do the bulk of the passing.

For my money he is easily the best defensive halfback in the NRL. But he needs his forwards to toughen up and do more of the defensive work. A halfback will never be at their best when they are averaging 30 tackles a game.

Yeah good point. Go back a couple of years when we were playing roosters in the gf and dce was awarded man of match. Can watch it on youtube. The big difference for me was 1. The prop forwards ran forward and made meters and the back rowers and outside backs ran good lines of top of that. Dce would have option to run or was throwing bullets out in front of jamie lyon and the backline looked awesome. 2. The passes from hooker were great from ballin. Api can't pass to save his life. Fix those two problems and we are looking good.

Forget last sunday. Dce did 30 tackles and only had 4 attacking sets on their line all game

don't be so uptight and arrogant man...
I'm sure you have plenty of other things going on in your life if you don't want to discuss DCE's form over the last couple of years.
Not uptight or arrogant man, just expressing a view...OK with you man?

Not uptight or arrogant man, just expressing a view...OK with you man?
I just don't really get your "view"? Someone having an opinion of DCE is not "blah blah blah" or "bashing", it's just an opinion...giving an opinion on the football is kind of the point of this forum so your comment is perplexing.

Anyway...

You make a good point @Simonmyers11 about the dummy half passing. Api's passes are not crisp at all, whereas Parcell could throw an accurate spiral pass off the ground from dummy half. I don't know why he was let go, he seemed to be a better 9 than Api.

You make a good point @Simonmyers11 about the dummy half passing. Api's passes are not crisp at all, whereas Parcell could throw an accurate spiral pass off the ground from dummy half. I don't know why he was let go, he seemed to be a better 9 than Api.

What worries me is a bit of favouritism by Barrett for players he brought across from Penrith ie: Api, Brown. I hope he proves me wrong because he stated quite clearly he was going to select to win.

What worries me is a bit of favouritism by Barrett for players he brought across from Penrith ie: Api, Brown. I hope he proves me wrong because he stated quite clearly he was going to select to win.
Did you watch the match last night between the roosters and the Dogs Bearfax?
The roosters had players like Tetevano coming off the bench who terrorise the opposition whilst he have Mrs Lewis Brown coming off the bench and gives the opposition a breather , a cup of tea , biscuits and a penalty right in front of the posts .
cup-tea-cereal-biscuits-28872218.jpg

Did you watch the match last night between the roosters and the Dogs Bearfax?
The roosters had players like Tetevano coming off the bench who terrorise the opposition whilst he have Mrs Lewis Brown coming off the bench and gives the opposition a breather , a cup of tea , biscuits and a penalty right in front of the posts .
View attachment 4927

Missed it unfortunately. Unfortunately with Barrett, I suspect he has a tendency to pick players who play it safe or who are well known, despite claiming he wouldnt do that. You can see that with many of the players he chose for Manlys 25 (or 23).

We can excuse because of injuries and certainly last year he hit as they say the perfect storm. But this year he has many more worthy potentials. For example with Api, if he isnt giving good service, and his game was hardly inspiring first up, there's Cullen, Hastings, Joey Lussick. Schuster would be better than Taufua who did nothing but run back the ball.

Take away Taupau, AFB and J.T and Manly's forwards were at best pedestrian though Lawrence only got less than half a game and Myles less than a quarter (why have him?). Why not give young Bainbridge a go, at least on the bench. If Faingaa is available give him a go.

I just don't really get your "view"? Someone having an opinion of DCE is not "blah blah blah" or "bashing", it's just an opinion...giving an opinion on the football is kind of the point of this forum so your comment is perplexing.

Anyway...
Probably because most of this has been done to death Snake. I agree with many of the comments you make, but it just gets depressing reading this stuff over and over. Don't take it personally, no insult intended

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2