PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly vs Storm [Round 1, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Defence will be the key , Manly should be able to have enough in attack to trouble the Storm . Stopping their usual good and Bellemy coached clock work go forward should allow Manly to concentrate on their strengths then . Storm should continue to be hard to beat , again just so well drilled normally , do well in the ruck and grind and again Manly have the attacking ability to go on with it .

Also think that it may be more recommended to have Siro at 13 while or if Jake is unavailable and if Jet Ski is available , also starting back row . Waddell can still contribute well from the bench if the team selection does go this way .

Disagree, IMO you waste Sirro if you put him in the middle carting it up, you want him on the edge.

Numbers on backs mean little, you have 3 middle forwards and two edge.....Sirro and Thompson are edge forwards.

Wadell in for Jake....if (and a big IF) Jake is out

Disagree, IMO you waste Sirro if you put him in the middle carting it up, you want him on the edge.

Numbers on backs mean little, you have 3 middle forwards and two edge.....Sirro and Thompson are edge forwards.

Wadell in for Jake....if (and a big IF) Jake is out
Just basing this view on replicating Jake "s ball distributing role and the attacking plays around that . not to say that Waddell would be totally ineffectual in that role but may have his limitations .No doubt that Siro would be preferred as an edge in most circumstances but again if Jake is out , then the best fit to offer a similar type role .

Manly potential team round 1.
1. Turbo
2. Jorge taufua
3. Suli
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Walker
7. Cherry
8. Boyle
9. Levi
10. Marty
11. Sironen
12. Thommo.
13. Waddell

14. Croker
15. Trex
16. Keppie
17. Sipley

18. Schuster

Just basing this view on replicating Jake "s ball distributing role and the attacking plays around that . not to say that Waddell would be totally ineffectual in that role but may have his limitations .No doubt that Siro would be preferred as an edge in most circumstances but again if Jake is out , then the best fit to offer a similar type role .
Pretty sure during origin or at some stage of the year Waddell filled jakes shoes. Old mate above is right we need siro on the edges hitting those holes and chasing grubber from dce etc etc Waddell can fill jakes role to a degree.. hold the middle defend well and create some 2nd phase play which he is good at. In Dessie we trust :)

Manly potential team round 1.
1. Turbo
2. Jorge taufua
3. Suli
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Walker
7. Cherry
8. Boyle
9. Levi
10. Marty
11. Sironen
12. Thommo.
13. Waddell

14. Croker
15. Trex
16. Keppie
17. Sipley

18. Schuster
Pretty close , but Sipley to start, Jake an inclusion with Waddell bench and T Rex out, Boyle out, expect Saddler a Smokey claim....Have Croker/ Cust a 50/50...

Just seen an injury update we will be without both Jake and Addin for the 1st few rounds, keppie and Haumole will be stepping up apparently.. We play storm roosters warriors and Canberra :(.. check out parras draw once again hand picked easy beats for the 1st couple of rounds to get them on top early.

Ps Dessie had hip surgery and ran sessions from his hospital bed apparently hahaha love him

Last edited:
Just seen an injury update we will be without both Jake and Addin for the 1st few rounds, keppie and Haumole will be stepping up apparently.. We play storm roosters warriors and Canberra :(.. check out parras draw once again hand picked easy beats for the 1st couple of rounds to get them on top early.
Ps Dessie had him surgery and ran sessions from his hospital bed apparently hahaha love him
Just read that article myselfnin the Canberra Times. It said both Keppie and Guac would spend time in the middle on Sunday. I know props are middle forwards and it might just be the way I read it, but I left with the impression those two are fighting it out for lock. I mean the Guac is not going to play prop.

Just read that article myselfnin the Canberra Times. It said both Keppie and Guac would spend time in the middle on Sunday. I know props are middle forwards and it might just be the way I read it, but I left with the impression those two are fighting it out for lock. I mean the Guac is not going to play prop.
I think jetski is injured so Guac might take his place on bench.. so...
8. Sipley
10. Marty
14. Croker
15. Guac
16. Keppie
17. Boyle
Im not sure if boyle is available we shall see

I'd place Taupau at lock until Jake returns, opting for strong starting props with a mix of youth (Keppie) and experience (Sipley is very serviceable and can have games where he shines). They could still lay a great platform imo. The bench would consist of Croker as a utility/hooking option and some big versatile forwards. Then I'd include Trex to play a simplistic, cool-headed role subbing either for Taupau at lock or at prop (playing like a no-nonsense prop either way for his first few games, hitting the defence direct whilst also focusing on opening his arms for offloads to the heavily supporting trbo/levi/walker/dce etc). Guacamole as another young prop with a good chance to get a good NRL run started early in the season. And finally either Boyle, Gosiewski, Saddler or Waddell depending on the role of Tony Williams. Eg. if Trex came on as a lock I'd opt for either Boyle or Gosiewski, as a prop then Waddell or maybe Saddler if he is versatile enough for a stint at lock.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Brad Parker
4. Moses Suli
5. Reuben Garrick
6. Dylan Walker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Sean Keppie
9. Danny Levi
10. Toafofoa Sipley
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Marty Taupau
14. Lachlan Croker
15. Tony Williams
16. Gaucamole
17. Morgan Boyle/Saddler/Gosiewski/Waddell

Backup: Cade Cust and the three who don't make it into that number 17 spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd place Taupau at lock until Jake returns, opting for strong starting props with a mix of youth (Keppie) and experience (Sipley is very serviceable and can have games where he shines). They could still lay a great platform imo. The bench would consist of Croker as a utility/hooking option and some big versatile forwards. Then I'd include Trex to play a simplistic, cool-headed role subbing either for Taupau at lock or at prop (playing like a no-nonsense prop either way for his first few games, hitting the defence direct whilst also focusing on opening his arms for offloads to the heavily supporting trbo/levi/walker/dce etc). Guacamole as another young prop with a good chance to get a good NRL run started early in the season. And finally either Boyle, Gosiewski, Saddler or Waddell depending on the role of Tony Williams. Eg. if Trex came on as a lock I'd opt for either Boyle or Gosiewski, as a prop then Waddell or maybe Saddler if he is versatile enough for a stint at lock.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Brad Parker
4. Moses Suli
5. Reuben Garrick
6. Dylan Walker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Sean Keppie
9. Danny Levi
10. Toafofoa Sipley
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Marty Taupau
14. Lachlan Croker
15. Tony Williams
16. Gaucamole
17. Morgan Boyle/Saddler/Gosiewski/Waddell

Backup: Cade Cust and the three who don't make it into that number 17 spot.

Hey Harry, in this plan would Marty play 80 minutes at lock?

If Jake is out I would be opting for the most "like for like" replacement we have to minimise the team makeup with his absence.
Defense for 80 minutes wins games.
I guess I would go for Waddell.

I am looking forward to the trial games and see.........

WHICH PLAYERS PICK THEM SELVES for round one against the Storm

The players have been training hard and are ready to play and secure a place in the team

On Sunday the moment is yours boys !!!
Motivational_quotes_olympic_coaches.jpg

It is a very long and arduous season, and while we want key players like Jake and AFB on deck as much as possible, it is in September that we need them fit and firing. We won't rush either of them, and the side benefit to that is the opportunity and encouragement it gives to guys like Keppie and Guaca to see more action at NRL level, which will also benefit us down the track.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6