PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly vs Storm [Round 1, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Very excited for round 1, thought id start a discussion early... why not! :)
The drizzle have lost a few players and now brandon Smith will be out for our round 1 match up. :) :) :) ;)

Manly potential team round 1.
1. Turbo
2. Jorge taufua
3. Suli
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Walker
7. Cherry
8. Sipley
9. Levi
10. Marty
11. Siro
12. Thompson
13. Waddell

14. Croker
15. Jetski
16. Keppie
17. Boyle

Storm potential team round 1.
1. Pappen****zu
2. Ado carr
3. Olam
4. Marion Seve
5. Sandor Earl
6. Munster
7. Hughes
8. Bromich
9. Smitt
10. Nelson solomona whatever
11. Bromich (Kenneth)
12. Felise Kafusi
13. Finucane

14. Harry Grant
15. Kamakamica
16. Christian Welch
17. Tom Eisenhuth

While they still have a great forward pack i think ours (at full strength) is better.. no Brandon Smith as he fractured his cheek bone or eye socket. Our backs are better than theres, and for me walker will be the difference come game day. Our replacement forwards Sipley and Waddell will relish the chance to start with the boys.... there bench is pretty weak especially without b.Smith but we are without jurbo and big AFB and now paseka so the forwards is where the game will be won or lost. They have a big advantage with sCam v Levi but im hoping the kid will surprise! Pretty excited for this game and season im expecting a big year from us! As are we all....
thoughts?

These bastards have a habit of beating us at home ( ours) , without AFB and Jake we are a little short of big match experience.

Storm by about 12-14 for me.

Can only repeat my reality check on another thread:
We haven’t won a first round game for 7 years. Melbourne haven’t lost a first round game for 7 years. We have 5 first choice forwards out. Hmmm.

We haven’t won a first round game for 7 years. Melbourne haven’t lost a first round game for 7 years. We have 5 first choice forwards out. Hmmm.
Only two first choice out in my opinion. Jake and AFB. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them back for R1. Sipley, Keppie and Waddell were always there.

Their bench will be fine if it’s the one they go with. Grant is a great kid and will go on to big things, Welch goes good and watching the a warriors trial they have some good young forward talent as usual.The kid the Titans signed for 2021 Tino Fasum.....,goes enormous and is enormous. Their forward rotation is huge.
With AFB Jake, Paseka, Fainu and JetSki out their bench will match ours easily, probably be better.Levi should go good but the loss of Fainu will cost us a lot of attacking options.

I think we will win the game. My mail is Des is super confident and that will do me. DCE Walker TT to be lethal.With Brandon Smith being a superstar and a game turning loss,Jerome Hughes in new full time role, Scam turning 60 this year and no Chambers or Vunavalu either Im tipping Eagles by 10.... with confidence.

Last edited:

I can see your blast from the past concern
But the true reality check is this . This year !

Last season Des inherited a squad of players from Trent that just missed out on a wooden spoon.
They lost their belief , confidence , and the ability to close and win a game .
We all witnessed Trents Solo and So Low 2018 abysmal season as our once high flying Sea eagles played like shot ducks competing for the wooden spoon all year .
This Year the reality check is ...
Our players under Des have built confidence, resilience , and belief in them selves.
Last season we all witnessed all of our players rising above them selves and win games without key players . Games no one that gave them a chance .
Yes , we do have players out again but we also have players filling in that believe they can do the job
Des as usual will have our players primed up and believing in front of a packed Lottoland

Once you have belief
you forget all the reasons why you lost last time
You only focus on the reason why you can win this time

images.png

Are AFB and Jake out for sure?

The reports of them not being ready are only from the journo's, and we know how often they are correct...almost never.

I smell some Des gamesmanship here.

The good news is that we have won games without these players before
This should validate our confidence and belief in our players that take the field to do battle

WE WILL DEFEND OUR LOTTOLAND AND NEVER SURRENDER !!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Are AFB and Jake out for sure?

The reports of them not being ready are only from the journo's, and we know how often they are correct...almost never.

I smell some Des gamesmanship here.
I think Jake will miss more than the first game , not sure about AFB. Huge losses but we have better depth with guys like Keppie and Toff back from missing most of last year.

I think Jake will miss more than the first game , not sure about AFB. Huge losses but we have better depth with guys like Keppie and Toff back from missing most of last year.
I like the look of Keppie... i think Tof will start in AFBs place. With Waddell playing lock it will be an interesting battle with him and finucane. Bring on the drizzle

Manly 12 plus...........
Round 1 team (if no Jake, AFB & Paseka)
Tom T
Taufua
Suli
Parker
Garrick
Walker
DCE
Keppie
Levi
Taupau
Gosiewski
Thompson
Sironen
Res: Croker, Sipley, Waddell, Boyle

Manly 12 plus...........
Round 1 team (if no Jake, AFB & Paseka)
Tom T
Taufua
Suli
Parker
Garrick
Walker
DCE
Keppie
Levi
Taupau
Gosiewski
Thompson
Sironen
Res: Croker, Sipley, Waddell, Boyle
Also think that it may be more recommended to have Siro at 13 while or if Jake is unavailable and if Jet Ski is available , also starting back row . Waddell can still contribute well from the bench if the team selection does go this way .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4