Manly T'Lodge has copy of draw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ayjay007

Bencher
I see the prices for the Travelodge have gone up substantially on the days/nights we play at Brookie! I know "supply and demand",but gee they hit you.They'll be one mob hoping we dont play our games at Allianz,ANZ,or Gosford...they'll go broke.Helps being the only gun in town,I guess.

ayjay007 said:
I see the prices for the Travelodge have gone up substantially on the days/nights we play at Brookie! I know "supply and demand",but gee they hit you.They'll be one mob hoping we dont play our games at Allianz,ANZ,or Gosford...they'll go broke.Helps being the only gun in town,I guess.
bloody oath they do,a few years ago ,I used to be able to afford to stay there,not anymore

i mentioned this last year, they wasted no time putting up the prices(even for a monday night game!). the only time they could be caught out last year was when the last 6 games were announced- for 1 day,then they caught on. no more overnight stays for me, i'll drive home instead.

Im thinking of buying a tent,and booking an unpowered site at Narrabeen big 4.50 or so for a night.Bus to brookie and back.Only somewhere to sleep.

One of you manly people should offer rooms/floor/just somewhere undercover for $20.

It's my understanding that everyone at Manly lives in Mansions.

edit:I wonder if the club offered them a sign on game day at the ground if they'd keep there prices reasonable.

We all understand that they'd prob put the prices up for Manly home games (damn capo's) but to gouge is unreasonable.

Booking.com will ger you a few Manly Backpackers - own room- < $80.
The buses are always outside the main gate to get there or Wynyard.

You can get $90 a night at The Parkway, and that place is so classy, I have heard you can negotiate by the hour rates during the day.

I've mentioned before that that I'd like the club to negotiate some sort of member discount with the TL. Obviously not going to be any incentive to locals, but would be a nice attraction for us out of towners.

You have buckley's of a price discount, as the Northern Beaches has about 4, very small hotels only.

Brookvale has all their Small Business Sales people etc queuing for space.:s

I often meet Visitors at the beach complaining that this Travelodge lists themselves as Manly Travelodge - and it ain't anywhere near it.

Brookie4eva said:
You can get $90 a night at The Parkway, and that place is so classy, I have heard you can negotiate by the hour rates during the day.

Does the $90 include the cockcroaches and rats in your room as well or are they extra?

mosto said:
I've mentioned before that that I'd like the club to negotiate some sort of member discount with the TL. Obviously not going to be any incentive to locals, but would be a nice attraction for us out of towners.

Sounds like a good idea. Thing is it is so convenient to stay there when you only stay overnight for home games.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7