Manly Till I Die!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rusty

Bencher
Reading this forum one thing is clear to me, we are as far from supporters today as possible.

There is a fine line between simply blindly following the club line and supporting your club through thick and thin, let me tell you that line has been passed, so far back now that I hardly know what it looks like.

I am going to get slammed for this but frankly a lot of us should take a long hard look at ourselves. We spend our days sitting behind a computer screen slamming players for not having what it takes to don the manly jersey, slamming Des for not having the guts of the know-how to coach the team or slamming the club for not having the smarts to engineer a top of the table position for us.

Today was an opportunity to show that as fans we get behind our team when times are tough, and not to just stab them in the back. This team took to the field today, injury ridden, tired and after this season worn out entirely. They put their bodies on the line, worked hard and had heart. And if they came on here they would think they had found an anti-manly forum not a supporters group.

So from me, a huge thank you to everyone at the club. I had an enjoyable Sunday afternoon supporting my team with my friends on the hill.

Thank you to all the players who put in so much, I am proud to call myself a supporter because of the work you boys put in every week. Thank you to Des for all of your hard work, making sure that we are in the best position possible every week. Thank you to the team at the club for working to make this club successful.

Thank you all because I know one day I will share in the joy of seeing the trophy lifted again, and on that day I will be able to say I am not a fair weather fan.

I saw a lot of sad faces today, a lot of angry ones as well. Well its not over till its over, and even when it is there is always next year, the year after and then the one after that. I am not close to the players, nor the coach but having met them on occasion and having seen them this afternoon I know that they put everything on the line every week and to have their commitment and heart questioned is a step to far. These guys deserve our support, not unquestioning but certainly unwavering.

I am still sad, not angry but sad with our season. It started badly, then we recovered well, then injuries/suspension kicked in. Going into finals, you need all your players available, unfortunately we have had the opposite. Teams that haved limped into the finals are Manly and Tigers, while the other 6 are almost unscathed.

I am sure that we will learn from this season, and have a good base of experience and youth to be a force next season. I am still hopeful of a win next week, and if the forwards that turned up against Dragons in Round 9 turn up, it could be the upset we are waiting for.

My third trip to Brookvale in 2010, 3 trips no wins....sad but not done, I'll support the boys until the day I die.

I am not bagging the team as such - they tried yesterday.. they just arent that good anymore with the remaining players that are limping around or watching from the sidelines.

I am a member .. I will put my cash up again next year and go to most games.  Next year is a new year BUT Its no use watching with unrealistic hope.  If I thought we had a hope in a million to beat the Dragons I would retain faint hopes... dunno if I can even be bothered watching us next week knowing we are in for a massive kicking and to see jamie Soward dancing all around  ... if I do watch and we get beat by less than 30 I will stand and cheer.

You have to take what you can out of a season like this:

we beat those miserable pricks from the fake murdoch franchise, twice!
we beat the dragons.
we won a couple of games at the death with field goals.
we ripped into a few packs of forwards.
we saw some great young blokes coming through.
we made the semis again.

whatever happens next week given the circumstances we did some good **** this year and maybe next year we'll be less injury, referee and juridicially (if that's a word) under the kosh.

The Indian link said:
I am not bagging the team as such - they tried yesterday.. they just arent that good anymore with the remaining players that are limping around or watching from the sidelines.

I am a member .. I will put my cash up again next year and go to most games.  Next year is a new year BUT Its no use watching with unrealistic hope.  If I thought we had a hope in a million to beat the Dragons I would retain faint hopes... dunno if I can even be bothered watching us next week knowing we are in for a massive kicking and to see jamie Soward dancing all around  ... if I do watch and we get beat by less than 30 I will stand and cheer.

I will of course watch and I will cheer .

I know we are pushing it uphill, but regardless of the score I will support this mighty club through thick and thin with no conditions attached.

Not more True Supporter dribble.

If someone gives you a **** sandwhich, do you thank them and eat it, or do you demand they make you something better

Mark from Brisbane link said:
My third trip to Brookvale in 2010, 3 trips no wins....sad but not done, I'll support the boys until the day I die.

Your fault Mark?

Hey we are not dead yet , we are  still  alive and in the top eight , LOOK OUT DRAG QUEENS WE ARE COMING TO CHOKE YOU!!!!!

guess as manly fans  our clubs rich history of success gives us high expectations on our team.

I would of perfered souths to win just for it to be over so we can focus on 2011 because we are just making up the numbers.

From rd 1 it was just never going to be for us.

Brett playing 70 mins of footy
Wolf not playing at all
Losing Jamie for a few weeks injuired
Choc with injuires most of the year
missing farrar for 4 weeks
losing rodney injuired
and then the final nail in the coffin losing glenn stewart

add to that the 4 or 5 narrow loses we really should of won.

Im looking at the positives we have bloody 4 young stars this year who have big futures in the NRL and surely we couldnt have another year of injuries like we did this year.

Dan link said:
Not more True Supporter dribble.

If someone gives you a s**t sandwhich, do you thank them and eat it, or do you demand they make you something better

Its not about simply putting up with s**t. The fact is the first recourse of many on these forums is to bag everyone involved when we lose, and sometimes even when we win. There are people here who are never satisfied and always critical. We need some balance, if I was a player and visited this forum I would go looking for some other form of employment where those people who said they were supporters didn't spend every moment bagging me.

There are a lot of positives from this year, a lot of great new talent, a lot of hope for next year. Lets focus on that for now, and hope however unlikely that we can win this week and then who knows...

[. There are people here who are never satisfied and always critical. We need some balance, if I was a player and visited this forum I would go looking for some other form of employment where those people who said they were supporters didn't spend every moment bagging me.
/quote]

You will find that these people have probably never pulled on a footy boot in their life and if they did they never achieved much.
Yesterday I sat on the hill with my family and some of the comments coming from so called supportes were at times comical, even my wife who is not a footy fan turned to one of our so called supporters and said "If you know so much why aren't you out there playing."

Very good call I thought.

We are seeing the full gamut of True support calls this week

- Never strapped on a boot

nice I was waiting for that one

Imagine how the supporters of the following teams feel:

Souths
Brisbane
Newcastle
Parramatta
Cronulla
Canteburry
North Queensland
Melbourne

Atleast we made the finals, with all the injuries etc.. we have had i am quite suprised and excited that we did.

Newcastle supporters probably feel good about their season given the start of it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8