Manly the most successful team in history

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyslam

Just a reminder. Manly has won more premierships than any other team since the 6 tackle rule was introduced back in 1972.

Or more than any team since the 4-tackle rule was introduced in 1967. And only one team has won more premierships since compulsory GFs were introduced in 1954 - St George. And they aren't in the comp anymore anyway. Some mob called St George-Illawarra has taken their place.

Manly has a special winning culture that has led to continuous premiership success. We need to keep it going.

Teams with proud histories like Souths and St George have endured long droughts. Parramatta have won all their premierships within the same decade despite being around just as long as we have.

Somehow we have managed to stay relevant in every passage of time and for that we should be grateful.

We are always successful, we win more often, we nearly always make the finals, we never come last. No wonder all the others are jealous.

If people knew what was good for them they'd jump aboard Manly. Manly are the healthy choice. We should get the Heart Foundation to sponsor us, have the Heart tick of approval on the jersey.

Right on.

Manly Warringah: The only Australian 1st grade rugby league club to play grand finals in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's, and the 10's..

Also the only club to be PREMIERS in the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's, and now the 10's - 5 straight decades!

MAROON & WHITE!

If only Manly had won the 1968 GF! That was a close one. It would now be six decades of premiership glory.

Volley said:
If people knew what was good for them they'd jump aboard Manly. Manly are the healthy choice. We should get the Heart Foundation to sponsor us, have the Heart tick of approval on the jersey.
They've got my heart tick. Always have. Love those Sea Eagles. Congratulations to the boys, Dessie and the club for doing us proud. Yesterday was awesome.

Hey Yeah....i have been following Manly since I was 5 (now 38) and never realised this....downloaded some stats in excel and did some subtotalling. Check this out!!!

MANLY SEA EAGLES = THE BEST TEAM........fact of stats!! (disclaimer; I base this claim on the last 43 years, should be a long enough period to claim this don't ya think?)

For the purpose of this I have merged the teams into the mascot (i.e. Dragons) to merge the mergers.

Count of Premierships by Club 1970 -2011 (43 seasons)

Premierships .................................... Team

8 ......................................................... Sea Eagles
6 ......................................................... Broncos
6 ......................................................... Bulldogs
4 ......................................................... Eels
3 ......................................................... Raiders
3 ......................................................... Roosters
3 ......................................................... Storm (2 as cheaters)
2 ......................................................... Knights
2 ......................................................... Panthers
3 ......................................................... Dragons
2 ......................................................... Rabbitohs
1 ......................................................... Wests Tigers

Also this stat is undoubtable.....

Combined Count of Minor Premierships, Grand Final runners-up and Premierships combined 1970 -2011 (43 seasons)
(i.e each instance of the above counts as one (1))

Count ................................................... Team

23 ...................................................... Sea Eagles
14 ...................................................... Dragons
14 ...................................................... Eels
14 ...................................................... Roosters
13 ...................................................... Bulldogs
10 ...................................................... Broncos
9 ......................................................... Storm
6 ......................................................... Raiders
5 ......................................................... Panthers
5 ......................................................... Sharks
4 ......................................................... Rabbitohs
3 ......................................................... Warriors
2 ......................................................... Knights
2 ......................................................... Tigers
1 ......................................................... Jets
1 ......................................................... Cowboys
1 ......................................................... Bulldogs
1 ......................................................... Magpies
1 ......................................................... Tigers

HOLD THAT TROPHY HIGH BOYS....its ours after-all!!!!

BACK to BACK....and then again. Can't get enough.

Phantar said:
If only Manly had won the 1968 GF! That was a close one. It would now be six decades of premiership glory.

We were runners up to South Sydney in 1951 too; that would have made 7 decades......

The Eagle said:
The broncos still shade us atm, we've only won three since they were admitted to the comp to their six
Their 1997 premiership was a pretend one in the Superleague competition. Sort of like winning a 'supertest' during the World Series Cricket period from 1977 to 1979.

Given the size of their catchment, financial clout etc, they should have won a few more anyway.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2