Manly team vs Penerith next week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
I am a little worried that we won't have Lyon for this very important game next week. If we are to have any chance we at least need Matai to play.

From all reports Killa's out for 4 weeks

so thinking the side will look like this

1. Farrar
2. Robertson
3. Matai
4. Whare
5. Williams
6. Foran
7. Hodkinson
forward pack the same as tonight

1. B. Farrar
2. M. Robertson
3. K. Foran
4. D. Whare
5. T. Williams
6. G. Stewart
7. T. Hodkinson

Or maybe plat Cherry-Evans off the bench.

I'd be inclined to Keep Foran in the Centres, move Farrar to #6 and bring Hoppa in at Fullback.
Ben's trying hard but he'd be better closer in and I'd like to see Hoppa play at the back for a whole game.
Replacing Lyon with Whare is what Des will do.... but they've really struggled without Lyon and they need to get more out of the fullback spot than what Farrar's been offering. Hoppa could be the answer.

I still think Hoppa is still one season playing NRL - maybe I am wrong I was one who didnt think Hodkinson ready...

Rambo1987 link said:
I still think Hoppa is still one season playing NRL - maybe I am wrong I was one who didnt think Hodkinson ready...

DCE a season away from playing NRL imo so I hope our centre's are healthy next season

Physically, Hoppa is bigger than Farrar and is much better under the high ball. With the possibility of both Lyon and Matai being out again, we need a spark.
As I said, Farrar tries really hard but #6 might be his best position and I believe Hoppa's is Fullback. Foran can cover #7, #6 and centre about equally and he did a good job on Champion who's been in good form.

Should probably be;

1. Rodney
2. Robertson
3. Rodney
4. Rodney
5. Robertson
6. Rodney
7. Rodney
8. Rodney
9. Rodney
10. Rodney
11. Rodney
12. Rodney
13. Gifty

14. Rodney
15. Rodney
16. Rodney
17. Rodney

18. Rodney

Don't think Des will go with that though. I'm tipping that Matai will be fine to play so Whare will come into the team to cover Lyon.

Not confident at all going to the 'Riff with no Lyon...

what ever happened to neuman?
he seemed to get the start when centres were injured?

whare looks the goods IMO

By all reports, our youth team did pretty poorly against The Bunnies with Whare and Hoppa both in that team.

Farrar is going ok at fullback. I also noted Robbo went to fullback for patches of last nights game.

Seriously though - with Lyon / Stewart / Wolfman all on the sidelines....that's a pretty massive chunk of cap sitting there...

Our U20s were not very good last night.  The backs couldn't really do much as the forwards were just not very effective.  They were bigger and ran through us.  The only guy I'd consider went OK was a big Polynesian, maybe 3?  Don't know the name.  Farrah is going OK apart from the dropped bomb which conceded a line dropout.  He'd be OK at centre as well.  Hoppa to start at fullback?  He'd probably go OK.  Haven't seen enough of him to really make an informed decision.  We'll struggle at Penriff, but they are beatable.  They make errors.           

01. Ben Farrar
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Dean Whare
05. Tony Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Chris Bailey
15. George Rose
16. Brent Kite
17. Joe Galuvao

will likely be our team, and honestly...that's a team I think we can win well with....

BUT, we do need to improve in a lot of areas.

Daddycool link said:
Physically, Hoppa is bigger than Farrar and is much better under the high ball. With the possibility of both Lyon and Matai being out again, we need a spark.
As I said, Farrar tries really hard but #6 might be his best position and I believe Hoppa's is Fullback. Foran can cover #7, #6 and centre about equally and he did a good job on Champion who's been in good form.

Maybe in height, but Farrar as Clontaago reported a few weeks back is one of the most cut individuals in the team!

For mine the most mportant thing is getting the captaincy right, we need soemone to lead out there and need an 80 minute player to do it.

So therefore, name Ballin in captain, and it will certainly improve our result.

It isnt the fact Lyon is Lyon it is that he is also a good captain, King and Stewart are not. If we lack a captain we lack leadership and no-one gels.

it doesnt really matter who we pick if we dont go the whole 80...

01. Ben Farrar
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Dean Whare
05. Tony Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Chris Bailey
15. George Rose
16. Brent Kite
17. Joe Galuvao

i`d have hoppa on the bench instead of bailey though.. penrith are a spritely team, they have pace & can attack from anywhere.. we need to combat that with some youthful exubreance of our own .. so i`d have hoppa in there off the bench..  punt bailey..

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6