Manly sign Sam Smith

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles is pleased to announce the signing of centre Sam Smith for the next two seasons.

The 23-year-old centre, who stands at 198cm tall, joined the Club on Friday and scored a try for Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles in their NSW Cup win over Souths at Lottoland on Saturday.

Smith is contracted with the Sea Eagles until the end of the 2020 season.

He played 18 games for Penrith Panthers in the NSW Cup last year after previously coming through the Brisbane Broncos and Nth Qld Cowboys U20s. He also played for Central Queensland Capras in the Queensland Cup competition.

“Sam is a very, big powerful centre with plenty of pace and is a solid defender,’’ said Sea Eagles Coach Des Hasler.

“He is a welcome addition to our playing squad and will add to our depth in the key outside backs area”

Looked pretty good before going off with a head knock.

Good on his feet evasively and took some stopping....plus his defence was solid - hitting hard and getting up in faces....looked like he was out to impress, so with Manly thin on outside backs, could play himself into contention in coming weeks....

Look, I’ve never seen him play but I don’t understand the rationale of signing an unknown centre to be a back up to a group of centres without pedigree. If it’s about filling out the squad at bargain basement prices, then I would have rewarded performance in the workers’ team closer to the 30 June deadline for finalising the squad.

HOWEVER, welcome Sam and all the best. I will be ‘rooting’ for you!

Could be wrong but don't think he is 23,think he is about 21?Some have him at 23,some at 21,but don't know him personally so not sure....Either way,welcome to Manly and all the best...

Another 23 year old who has been all around the world and made it nowhere. When will we ever sign some quality again?

• 📋
Reactions: R3

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7