Manly player steals $20?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"There is another story too about a boofhead player at the Manly Sea Eagles.

A number of Manly players were drinking at their regular watering hole, the Harbord ‘Hilton’, last week.

One had too many to drink and stuck his hand in the staff tips jar.

This idiot took a $20 note.

When questioned by staff he refused to put it back.

Fancy a highly paid footballer doing that to $20-a-hour bar staff.

On this occasion we have chosen not to name the Sea Eagles player.

Coach Des Hasler is aware of what happened and has made sure the money was returned.

The player has been told in no uncertain terms to pull his head in."

It's from Rothfield so he probably made it up.

He follows this with another story....BUZZ: SHARKS CEO ON OUTER FOR BEING HONEST

"Rugby league is in danger of losing one of its most honourable and respected administrators.

The timing could not be any worse as the code battles an image crisis from an off-season of scandal.

The future of Cronulla Sharks chief executive Barry Russell has been the subject of much speculation since he chose to self-report the club’s salary cap rorting to the NRL.

A victim of his honesty.

MORE BUZZ: Another NRL player behaving badly

Russell is now on the outer to such an extent he was asked to leave a club board meeting last week while discussions were taking place to appoint a replacement coach for Shane Flanagan.

Seriously, what is this game becoming?

After a shocking off-season of shame — the worst in memory — we’re now in danger of losing a really decent, ethical and principled man. This is a terrible story."

260e24a9414592e07bc08bedd87d6fca

Have no fear, I have it on good authority that Todd Greenflog is mates with this player and will write him a glowing reference to save him from his execution.

I can’t see him doing that. Sure, Todd will give you a reference if you’ve been convicted of wife bashing, drink driving and speeding... but this is serious!!

This is just one of those 'what is wrong with you' moments. As opposed to something overly serious. The player in question need Des and the senior playing group at Manly to say 'mate you do something that stupid again pack your stuff'.

But in terms of stories in the NRL......seriously? We have so many issues, salary cap, the Ben Barba incident, etc etc.....yet this is top news from Buzz. Actually not surprised.....leech.

I wish I could just laugh this off as unimportant ..... but to me it points to character and attitude ..... I hope the numbnut isn't named ... because I would have a problem having respect for whoever the dickhead is .....

Last edited:
Then Dessie put the $20 back in 5c coins haha. OK this was stupid hut seriously what a nothing story. Fancy Buzz coming out of hiding in a cave for the last couple of months and that's what he has
Important because it shows the mentality of some players

Who would be low enough to steal from a tip jar pissed or sober?

The most surprising thing for me is not that a player would do something idiotic like stealing $20 from a tip jar or that Roothtool would publish it. No, it’s that someone tipped Rothtool off as their journo of choice! That he has a ‘following’ just amazes me...

I'm just amazed and glad rothfield has chosen to use some discretion for once. I for one would of thought he'd be all over naming and shaming the culprit due to the sheer fact it's a manly player

I think my puter must be busted ..... I can't find all the self righteous posts by Punchies screaming Dessie has lost the dressing room ..... no discipline!!! .... Players drinking during pre-season ....... Dessie must go ........ Dessie is too friendly with the players !!!

I'll look again .... I am sure they must be there ..... hahahahahahahahahahah .. Baaaaaahahahaha .....

PSS ... oh I forgot one of the classics from a dribbler last year ..... "If they had any respect for the coach they wouldn't do it" ......

I'm just amazed and glad rothfield has chosen to use some discretion for once. I for one would of thought he'd be all over naming and shaming the culprit due to the sheer fact it's a manly player
Could also be BS. How easy is it for me to say I was told that a Cronulla player was seen being cruel to a kitten but on this occasion I have chosen not to name the player ??

The other advantage that Buzz gets from this seemingly moral stance is that instead of naming the player and disgracing a single person, he now has the advantage of being able to cast doubts over the integrity of the whole 30 man squad in one easy step as everyone wonders who it was.

The most surprising thing for me is not that a player would do something idiotic like stealing $20 from a tip jar or that Roothtool would publish it. No, it’s that someone tipped Rothtool off as their journo of choice! That he has a ‘following’ just amazes me...

When will the players learn that even the smallest incident will lead to our clubs name been dragged through the mud and it is not worth it. Also, what was the player thinking when he did that, STEALING IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Could also be BS. How easy is it for me to say I was told that a Cronulla player was seen being cruel to a kitten but on this occasion I have chosen not to name the player ??

The other advantage that Buzz gets from this seemingly moral stance is that instead of naming the player and disgracing a single person, he now has the advantage of being able to cast doubts over the integrity of the whole 30 man squad in one easy step as everyone wonders who it was.
It's a point.. but I highly doubt that someone would lie nationally and drop someone like dessies name in the story if it wasn't true. Youd only be setting yourself up for embarrassment if it isn't true

Just a stupid drunken incident, something an average person wouldn’t do. Don’t these players know by now you can’t even fart in public without someone reporting it.
If I was Des, I wouldn’t of just made him return the $20 but put in an extra $100.

His team mates should turn up to training in these t-shirts for a stir.

F0BFFD41-C4CC-4EFC-8565-49989552052B.jpeg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6