Manly Next Generation or NRL Junior Pass - free entry to SFS Semi this Saturday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Nest 08

Reserve Grader
... receive free entry into Sydney’s Week One Telstra Premiership Finals at ANZ Stadium and the Sydney Football Stadium.

At the Sydney Football Stadium, supporters presenting either an NRL Junior Pass or a Manly Next Generation membership card will be granted access via Gate i and seating in Bays 1-6.

http://www.nrl.com/free-tickets-for-junior-pass-holders/tabid/10874/newsid/64656/default.aspx

so if my 9yr old daughter who is a Next Gen member wants to come on Saturday night - she has to sit in Bay 1-6 while I'm seated in Bay 31?? WTF is going on with the NRL? Bring on the IC!!

Yeah great idea, I'll chuck an under 9 in a bay by themselves

Yes, by the sounds of it, they never really thought this idea through. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Morning all,

Ive neen told the passes give access toa GA area at the SFS. Parents can purchase GA tickets to sit with their kids.

Go Manly!

Larissa

Thanks for the quick response Larissa - you're doing a fantastic job :)

I still think the NRL should have made this clear before tickets went on sale as some parents have probably already purchased family tickets or children tickets in one of the supporter bays.
My guess is the NRL have finally realised that the stadium will be half empty on Saturday night - thus allowing juniors passes and next Gen members in for free to boost the numbers.

Agree they are trying to fill a vacant area of the ground. Bays 1 to 6 is all the Southern End of the ground. Anyway can’t knock the NRL trying something (you will get some people who had no intention going to the game now coming to the game).

Manly should promote this in the Manly Daily/Manly’s website/facebook page or others by posting on their face book.

“Manly Next Generation or NRL Junior Pass - free entry to SFS Semi Final this Saturday – Manly v’s Cowboys 8.30pm

Junior supporters presenting either an 'NRL Junior Pass' or a 'Manly Next Generation' membership card will be granted free at the Sydney Football Stadium with access via Gate i (the southern end of the ground) and seating in Bays 1-6 (which is a general admission seating area - southern terraces).

Adults general admission is only $20 to purchase at the ground or at ticketek in advance.”

EagleRock40 said:
Thanks for the quick response Larissa - you're doing a fantastic job :)

I still think the NRL should have made this clear before tickets went on sale as some parents have probably already purchased family tickets or children tickets in one of the supporter bays.
My guess is the NRL have finally realised that the stadium will be half empty on Saturday night - thus allowing juniors passes and next Gen members in for free to boost the numbers.

You'd be spot on there....personally I think it's a great initiative filling seats that would have been empty anyway with "some" paying.

As far as people who had already bought tickets I see the Cat 1 Family passes were like $140, and the adult seat component of that was $110 so it wasn't a whole lot for a family to take their kids along as extras anyway (if they wanted the better seats).

But let's say Mum and Dad and 2 next gen members go and pay $40 (even sitting behind the goal posts) that's a bargain night of entertainment....although with it starting at 8.30pm it's doubtful a whole lot of really young ones will be there anyway.

I think perhaps the NRL should be offering discounted tickets for parents to sit with their kids in that area. Good idea in principle but poorly thought out.

Thank you for following this up Larissa

Daniel said:
I think perhaps the NRL should be offering discounted tickets for parents to sit with their kids in that area. Good idea in principle but poorly thought out.

Thank you for following this up Larissa

The general admission (cat 3) tickets are only $20 Adults & $15 concession for the semi’s and cheaper than regular general admission prices at Brookie, so price should not be an issue if taking it up the free kids tickets as well.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7