Manly needs a Dogs style cleanup.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MrInvisible

Reserve Grader
There are a few things I'd love to say but won't here (because it hasn't come out in the mainstream media yet). The bottom line though is that Manly have to have a complete cleanout and fast.

If they don't act on what is a volatile and imploding combination of CEO/board members, then Manly is unlikely to even be around in a few years time.

Starting at the top your club needs to clean out EVERYONE, and accept URM's offer. Get rid of Penn (because he will probably jump ship soon), get rid of Reilly, and clear out the ENTIRE board.

Reassign the shares and bring in URM with their generous donations to keep the club running.

Secure new sponsors, bring in Toovey and cement the players/staff, and then rebuild the board with a fresh set of faces.

Only then will Manly be able to comfortably survive this current climate at the club.

Your playing staff aren't leaving because of better money, they are leaving because they are uncertain about the future of their jobs (something the Bulldogs and other clubs can offer).

This all said, I actually feel sorry for the Manly faithfuls that it has taken the loss of a coach and numerous staff to to get the board to take notice, and even now they are playing the "head in the sand" card.

From a Bulldogs fan who hung in when his beloved club imploded, I wish you guys all the best with things. Rebuilding won't happen in a day or a week, but Manly will hopefully be back.

If change doesn't happen real soon though, it could be too late.

Seriously, I don't think anyone really knows what is going on with the board and who's to blame, it's pretty frustrating.

MrInvisible said:
There are a few things I'd love to say but won't here (because it hasn't come out in the mainstream media yet). The bottom line though is that Manly have to have a complete cleanout and fast.

If they don't act on what is a volatile and imploding combination of CEO/board members, then Manly is unlikely to even be around in a few years time.

Starting at the top your club needs to clean out EVERYONE, and accept URM's offer. Get rid of Penn (because he will probably jump ship soon), get rid of Reilly, and clear out the ENTIRE board.

Reassign the shares and bring in URM with their generous donations to keep the club running.

Secure new sponsors, bring in Toovey and cement the players/staff, and then rebuild the board with a fresh set of faces.

Only then will Manly be able to comfortably survive this current climate at the club.

Your playing staff aren't leaving because of better money, they are leaving because they are uncertain about the future of their jobs (something the Bulldogs and other clubs can offer).

This all said, I actually feel sorry for the Manly faithfuls that it has taken the loss of a coach and numerous staff to to get the board to take notice, and even now they are playing the "head in the sand" card.

From a Bulldogs fan who hung in when his beloved club imploded, I wish you guys all the best with things. Rebuilding won't happen in a day or a week, but Manly will hopefully be back.

If change doesn't happen real soon though, it could be too late.

Gloat elsewhere,we dont need to be rebuilt into a soul less club like the berries,we are MANLY WARRINGAH and soon we will have a TRUE MANLY LEGEND at the helm,to replace the penrith schoolteacher

We need government funding for a rebuild on the picturesque brookevale oval

Berkeley_Eagle said:
What is it with these dogs coming here trying to give advice on our club

hahaha yeah that makes me laugh too.

It's like taking relationship advice from Charles Manson!

They seem to forget that we are PREMIERS so why do they think we need their help?

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Gee you seem to know a lot about Manly for someone who claims to be a Bulldogs fan. Maybe we should have a cleanout of dropkick forum posters whilst we are at it.

I think others have put it well but I'll have a go too.

I don't care about the Bulldogs, I don't care what their supporters think about our club, and I don't know why you think we would. Woof!

Strange these dogs supporters commenting on here. I've never been elsewhere, and can't see why one would spend time on another clubs site. I spend to much time on here anyway to bother going elsewhere.
Go Manly.

I think it is too late for advice anyway. This is going to take years to fix. I can't see us making finals even for the near future.

You sound like a very astute judge of these matters, so put your hard-earned on us to miss the finals. Excuse me if I don't follow suit, but I only bet to win.

I don't want to disappoint you too much, but Manly will be in the finals next year.

Guys I'm not trying to troll or cause problems. I've been around here quite a while already.

Just because I'm a Bulldogs supporter doesn't mean I can't engage in logical discussions and opinions on other clubs forums. The problems come when people simply join other clubs forums to start problems, which is not what I'm about.

Instead of getting on the defensive, how about you actually read what I'm saying (like Jerry1 and simz). If I was a supporter of Manly I'd be a little concerned over the "head in the sand" attitude from the people in charge of my club. Blind freddie can see that things aren't good at all, and only getting worse, and yet nobody seems to be budging in their ways.

When you have people knocking on the door wanting a few changes for a large long term investment, you don't slam the door in their face. The longer heads are kept in the sand, the worse this situations going to get before the door gets closed. I personally feel that a rejection of URM's offer, whilst Penn is not at all happy, could spell a big financial disaster for Manly.

As for the stadium, no government or private venture is going to put money towards a club that is in questionable financial status and may not be around if changes aren't made. I reckon once this whole board/Quantum/Penn/URM/Hasler situation reaches a conclusion, the the government will consider giving the club money to rebuild Brookie.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I don't want to disappoint you too much, but Manly will be in the finals next year.

I don't think Manly will make the finals next year. It's hard enough to go back to back at the best of times. With Hasler ripping the club apart that he pretended to love for so long , it will be near impossible. Closer to the bottom than the top IMO.

It seems as if everytime we get some ****ty news everyone around here goes into deep depression and believes we won't even make the fianls.

bones said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

I don't think Manly will make the finals next year. It's hard enough to go back to back at the best of times. With Hasler ripping the club apart that he pretended to love for so long , it will be near impossible. Closer to the bottom than the top IMO.
If you believe that no wonder you are so filthy. You may be correct of course, but that's certainly not how I see 2012.

Agree that B2B will be extra tough but can't see us missing the finals with the roster we have. Things might look a bit, er ... 'unsettled' right now, but a week can be a long time in a footy club, and next year's kick-off is a long way away.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4