Manly need to get over curse of final 40

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
SUNSHINE Coast Sea Eagles premiership-winning coach Brandon Costin says he hopes he has left a legacy at the club and put it on the path to greatness.

Brandon Costin.

Costin announced yesterday that would leave the Queensland Cup club at the end of the year and had signed on as assistant coach at the Sydney Roosters.
While the appointment has been strongly rumoured in recent weeks, and Costin had denied he was even in negotiations with the NRL club, he yesterday signed on as assistant to Brian Smith.
Costin has maintained a close relationship with Smith since playing under him at the St George Dragons in 1991-92.
The position became vacant when the former assistant to Smith, Trent Robinson, was appointed head coach at English Super League club Les Catalans.
Costin’s appointment brings to an end his remarkable two-year reign as the Sea Eagles’ inaugural coach – his tenure including leading the club to the Queensland Cup premiership in its maiden year.
Speaking to the Daily from Sydney yesterday only hours after putting pen to paper with the Bondi club, Costin said he would look back on his tenure at the Sea Eagles as a turning point in his life.
“IT has been a very successful period in my life and in my career,” he said.
“Winning a premiership is quite an achievement.
“Between (chief executive) Justin (Veivers) and myself, I’d like to think we’ve left behind a legacy – something great that remains.”
Costin’s contract at the Roosters is set to commence on November 1.
He said one of the most exciting aspects of the appointment was the prospect of working under Smith, someone he considered a mentor.
Costin described Smith – who has to his credit more than 25 years of first-grade coaching experience and in excess of 500 NRL games as a coach – as one of the all-time great NRL coaches and someone he was keen to emulate.
“I think that’s very exciting because you have to be a really good coach to have that longevity in the game,” he said.
“Obviously, what Brian does, he does well. Like Tim Sheens and Wayne Bennett, they do what they do really well.
“That’s what I want to learn, that’s what I want to know.
“I’m really keen to learn from someone who I believe is one of the best.”
Veivers said the Sea Eagles had already sounded out coaching candidates, including former Sea Eagles FOGS mentor Leon Cleal.
The club will, however, advertise the position for one week in the hope of casting its net further.
Veivers said of Costin: “He led our side to a premiership in our maiden season and that will probably never be achieved by a side again
“I think, more importantly, he made better players of the men that came to our club looking for opportunities.
“He took a leading role in development.”
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/09/10/sea-eagles-brandon-costin-sydney-roosters/

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4