Manly MUST secure juniors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Exciting times with some massive new key signings in 2016....
Still feel at this point in time, need to lock in Turbo boys & Knight long term.
Roosters & others are already sniffing around & would like to see these future stars locked in for 4-5 years.
With retirement there abouts with some current gun players, there will be money & wiggle room to inject more big names by 2017/18, but would really defeat the purpose if we can't secure these & other local juniors for the future.

Failure to secure the futures of the players you mention would be a huge sin!! We have lost key members if our grand finalists Holden cup team and even worse let a winning coach go. This is urgent that these kids are secured Long term asap!!

Definitely agree that succession plans should be in place for the future of the club, the player mentioned above are a ingredient to this.
THE one danger of demanding immediate success is the club putting all their eggs in one basket( 2016/2017 super 17).
I Believe in Bozo, and have faith that he signs these future stars long term asap.

Retention of juniors is a two way street. You can't make them stay for unders, this is their livelihood. Likewise the club can't be drawn into paying overs just because they are a junior.

This is one of the reasons the salary cap needs urgent work. There should be incentives for clubs to keep juniors and develop them. Fans love seeing local products make good and have long careers with their clubs. At the moment the NRL don't give a flying about that.

A junior will stay for 'slight' unders. Playing for a team you've always supported and living in a familiar area does count. It's not all about the money.
I'd hate to see us become like Doesn'tmatta and fail to recognise the talent of juniors and pay overs for imports.

Good evidence suggests Roosters have been making a play for Knight for almost 2 years without success, by trying to add him to the Lawrence deal is more proof he is secured, at this point to Manly.
I like that Rooster approach though...."we would like to sign a bloke who has been injured 12 months & hope he comes good here....oh & while your there could you throw in that boom future international forward thanks"

Good evidence suggests Roosters have been making a play for Knight for almost 2 years without success, by trying to add him to the Lawrence deal is more proof he is secured, at this point to Manly.
I like that Rooster approach though...."we would like to sign a bloke who has been injured 12 months & hope he comes good here....oh & while your there could you throw in that boom future international forward thanks"
Boom future international! Good player but that's a big call

I have a feeling that young Liam has joined the roosters, they wouldn't keep coming back after 2 years of the answer no, Liam obviously wants to leave manly or roosters have been working with Liam over 2 years to get him released, they are desperate but surely manly learnt from letting go JWH but I feel it's to late

Boom future international! Good player but that's a big call
It is & was meant that way.... Realistically has massive potential but is a long way from that status atm...just kind of putting it out there that I found the Roosters approach a bit rich....maybe could have gone with...."yes I'll have a Cheeseburger....& could you throw in a Lobster Mornay as well please"
Personally do rate him though & believe potentially, could go all the way with good ethics & barring injury.

What did he say?
Manly keep making promises that they are going to make offer but haven't. He suspects they can't given they still have to offload players. He is being courted by 3 clubs and is hoping to receive firm offer this week.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
A roosters supporter claims that he knows the knight family, and they have said they aren't happy with manly! I hope this isn't true, we need to keep knight at manly! Please don't grill me it's just what I have heard

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2