Manly Motza

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ha these clowns at the Dt saying we are buying loyalty

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/nrl-manly-sea-eagles-throw-money-at-top-members-of-des-haslers-coaching-staff-amid-fears-some-would-quit-club/story-fn6e0tx4-1226183950819

I would have thought it was more along the lines of the club trying to stop its coaching staff choosing to walk with Des Hasler.

it is implying (pretty bluntly) that some in the current administration have blundered badly not signing Des up when they had a chance and now they are paying more to keep staff while still losing him. Despite the stirring the pot of the paper, it is basically true!!!

Someone has stuffed up big-time!!!

Canteen Worker said:
I would have thought it was more along the lines of the club trying to stop its coaching staff choosing to walk with Des Hasler.

it is implying (pretty bluntly) that some in the current administration have blundered badly not signing Des up when they had a chance and now they are paying more to keep staff while still losing him. Despite the stirring the pot of the paper, it is basically true!!!

Someone has stuffed up big-time!!!

That's not a bad thing. It means that we can continue the same structure. One man doesn't win a premiership and, if Des only takes 1 of his staff he will need to start the process of building a club all over again. If Canterbury go the way they have the past 10 years, Des will be fired after 2 years of not making the finals. We on the other hand will remain at the top of the table.

Or to put it another way "Boost for premiers Manly with key coaching staff expected to stay".

It fails to mention also the money Manly will be saving by having Toovey as coach instead of De$ Ha$ler.

The Daily Telegraph understands strength and conditioning coach Don Singe and physiotherapist Andre Rickenbach have re-signed with the club.

Others negotiating new deals include Manly recruitment guru Noel "Crusher" Cleal and high performance analyst Liz Marin. They are also expected to stay.

this

thumbs-up.jpg

exactly, tooves will be nowhere near 700k and these support staff have done excellent jobs so we must keep them. All good in my opinion.

Why is this article written like it's an attack on our club? After winning a premiership, why shouldn't the staff be allowed to ask for more money?
If my company brings in a massive profit I'd like a bigger slice of the pie too.

Also, great news on retaining all the behind the scene stars!

"Already under siege, Manly's management will now outlay the cash to avoid further damaging headlines"

LOL the DT are admitting that their articles on the Sea Eagles that seem to appear every day, are calculated to be 'damaging'.

Of course the players want a representative on the board. Let me guess, I only need 1. Zorba?
Is there another club in the NRL that has relinquished a seat on their boards to give to a players mate? How ridiculous. Players are there to play, board members are there to politicise.
Dean Ritchie, most of us see past your agenda and you will no longer 'generate anger' from me over the regurgitated rubbish your come up with.

All good news I reckon use the freed up money to secure the other staff, wise move. And the DT makes this a story...... Oh I forgot they need an anti Manly story EVERY day don't they.....I wonder what tomorrows will be?

bones said:
It fails to mention also the money Manly will be saving by having Toovey as coach instead of De$ Ha$ler.
Plus it fails to mention the savings on Zorbas salary.

bones said:
The headline should read "Hasler to struggle at Bulldogs without his support staff"

Exactly, I agree he's a great coach but as I have said time and time again I think he will live to regret his decision (apart from the money and we all know it's been about the money anyway).

Perhaps the Hasler salary package at Critically-Butchtown includes a haircut allowance? Maybe Des's wife insisted on it?

Understand the Hasler's have been sizing up a new abode - a refurbished ex-Housing Commission charmer at Riverwood. So Des (who still has his first ever 5c coin) can save on some petrol money.

Meanwhile the house at Collaroy Basin will go on the rental market, until Des returns with his tail between his legs, to try and take up a management position at Brookvale in 2017. Having failed to turn around the fortunes of the Dishlicking Berrymunchers. That is of course if the Club wants him back.

Alternatively, Ivan Cleary might put in an offer on Hasler Manor, so he can move to the more exclusive part of Collaroy. The new Penrith mentor is not scared of the petrol costs associated with his long commute to Penrith everyday.

Oh and Brookvale Oval will have been significantly enhanced by then. Because in the interim, Des and 'Dessy's bessy winger' Peter Peters were no longer at the back of the Dee Why RSL auditorium heckling the local members for more Brookvale Oval funding. Savvier operators (Perry and Penn) had instead prevailed on Council, State and Federal governments for more funding - the grown up way.

:p
Phantar said:
Perhaps the Hasler salary package at Critically-Butchtown includes a haircut allowance? Maybe Des's wife insisted on it?

Understand the Hasler's have been sizing up a new abode - a refurbished ex-Housing Commission charmer at Riverwood. So Des (who still has his first ever 5c coin) can save on some petrol money.

Meanwhile the house at Collaroy Basin will go on the rental market, until Des returns with his tail between his legs, to try and take up a management position at Brookvale in 2017. Having failed to turn around the fortunes of the Dishlicking Berrymunchers. That is of course if the Club wants him back.

Alternatively, Ivan Cleary might put in an offer on Hasler Manor, so he can move to the more exclusive part of Collaroy. The new Penrith mentor is not scared of the petrol costs associated with his long commute to Penrith everyday.

Oh and Brookvale Oval will have been significantly enhanced by then. Because in the interim, Des and 'Dessy's bessy winger' Peter Peters were no longer at the back of the Dee Why RSL auditorium heckling the local members for more Brookvale Oval funding. Savvier operators (Perry and Penn) had instead prevailed on Council, State and Federal governments for more funding - the grown up way.

Hilarious :p

I don't think Des will live to regret his decision, I believe he has developed into one of the better coaches out there today. He understands the game and he also understands how to mentor his players in bringing the best out of them and ensuring they are a united loyal group.

Will he have initial straight up success, possibly not as it will take a few years for him to develop the culture he wants the players to have.

I am over the shock that he is going, still don’t like it and never wanted it to happen. It’s done now so let’s go back to back next year.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2