Manly missed out - you bet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Manly was denied a $3M sponsorship deal with Betchoice for last year, which had Grant Mayer and Manly scratching their head on why the NRL makes it so difficult. The NRL said the piddly $1M sponsorship from TabCorp meant the deal couldn't go ahead.

Today the Broncos announced Sportingbet as a jersey sponsor for the 2010 season.

Go figure.

hmmm of course they did. Gallop needs to go ASAP

I do see that Centrebet is listed as one of Manly's sponsors. Anyone know whether we could ramp up this type of sponsorship now?

I thought this too when I got the email about Brisbane this morning... But from memory Manly's request was declined because it was a naming right sponsor (front of jersey to replace Delmege) whereas the Brisbane one will not be their major sponsor and is a back of jersey below the number.

The difference in size of sponsorship can be the only reason they knocked one back but let one through.

Typical. This competition is never going to move forward whilst we have a muppet like Gallop in charge. The sooner they get this independant commission up and running the better.

Sportingbet is a three syllable word.  They're wasting their money putting that on a Broncos jersey for a Queensland audience. 

I'd say it was because ours was intended to be the main sponsor, hence the whole 'what about the vodafone warriors in the telstra premiership' question.  Still, it's annoying to see we lost out. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7