Manly legend Ken Arthurson says former coach Des Hasler promised not to poach Sea Eagles players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Manly patriarch Ken Arthurson has revealed Des Hasler made a promise to him not to poach Manly players as speculation mounts that Kieran Foran has already signed a deal to join Canterbury.

Arthurson spoke out yesterday as the Sea Eagles and Bulldogs continued to prepare for their highly anticipated NRL clash at ANZ Stadium on Friday night, while Hasler has laughed off speculation that he had met Foran last week.

Read the full article

Are we jumping the gun?
The SMH is quoting Des.
"''There's been a lot of speculation about that. All that can be said about it at the moment is those players have to make up their own minds, all the rest is speculation.

''It's really not worth commenting about it until they're clear on what they want to do. It's not worth speculating about it because nothing happened. Neither player [Foran nor Tony Williams, who has also been linked to the Bulldogs] has signed here.''
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sea-eagles-the-benchmark-for-bulldogs-says-hasler-20120424-1xje4.html#ixzz1t0cqkmtD

Sorry Arko, but I dont think that Dessie and Greenturd have the same morals as you and Bullfrog did.

He has lied and sh1t on us already and Im sure he will do it again....

Frogz said:
Sorry Arko, but I dont think that Dessie and Greenturd have the same morals as you and Bullfrog did.

He has lied and sh1t on us already and Im sure he will do it again....

Bullfrog had no morals. Look at Superleague. The judge in the court case even labelled him corrupt. Morals, and anyone at The Bulldogs simply do not go together. Des will fit in perfectly.

Morals betweem themselves...Arko and Bullfrog, Im talking about.....dont think there was a lot of clean linen back in those days.....

For Arko to come out and say this means someone has already signed with the dogs. Bye bye Kieran thanks for the memories.

Des makes no apology for trying to lure Foran and T-Rex. So the trying to poach deed is already done.

Des is despicable, meally minded and full of petty thoughts. A perfect fit for the Dogs.

Des has proven to us all that he is a ruthless control freak.

Des does what suites Des and he uses people & harrasses them to get his own way with a view to win. He has little integrity.

He has been calculating & mastermining for a long time now and unfortunately I would not trust anything he says or does.

mickqld said:
For Arko to come out and say this means someone has already signed with the dogs. Bye bye Kieran thanks for the memories.

I agree Mick, I think he signed a while back myself. It was stated in an article I posted that Manly gave him a 2 week deadline, and that has come and gone with no reply, and if you believe ehat this article says Kerian is avoiding the Manly management.

If that is the case I do not think much of Keiran Foran. Why all this ducking and diving - be a man and stand up and set the record straight!

I really do hate Des with a passion. The club has done plenty for him over many many years. I understand coaches move on but, its just the way this creep has gone about it.

If there was a vote to strip him of his life membership, Id pay to vote.

He wont hold true to his agreement with Arko either.

I like how if a player moves it will be all Des's fault and nothing to do with our board and their ability to retain players

lsz said:
I like how if a player moves it will be all Des's fault and nothing to do with our board and their ability to retain players

I also like how if a player moves it will be all the boards fault, and nothing to do with winning a premiership and how the salary cap affects successful teams.

To my knowledge Ken Arthurson has never gone back on his word, so if he says Des made a promise to keep his hands off Manly players..I believe him.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter Mr Invisible.

Bones sorry if i was not clear but i do no think you can attribute blame to one person (i.e. Des) but to a number of things

Well said lsz, I know this betrayal as some would call it will remain for a long time and I am of the belief there are always two sides to the story. I don't think that blame can be attributed solely 1 person but I also understand how everyone's emotion is running right now.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6