Manly Leagues

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
I'm big believer of giving credit when its due.

In the past espeically over the grant mayer issue i was pretty critcal of Bob Reilly however you have to say working with not much hes done a fine job with the Leagues club firstly making the place turn a profit and secondly making the place have more of a football feel about it. This post was prompted by reading in blindside they are thinking of calling the new bars the beaver bar and 40 nil.

Its Manly Leagues the home of our team so it really should feel like manlys club in 2002 when i first started coming down and in a couple years after except for the odd poster and a cabinet of merchadise you wouldnt even know it was the home of our club.

I also like however leagues club is also buying shares in MWSE Ltd

Great stuff lets hope once the renos are done it can attract even more younger people with more disposalble income to put through the place.

Good stuff bob and team keep up the awesome work

Cambo, I haven't been to Manly Leagues for a while, but I was at the Bulldogs a few weeks back and that has no real link to the Dogs these days. These clubs like the Dogs and Panthers are so massive that they don't need to anymore. Players used to work at the club in the bar or cellar years ago but they no longer need to so the link is also slowly fading. I remember as a kid going to the club to watch out for the players or former players.

Great post Cam.

I've got a bit time for Bob. Always willing to go out of his way to say hello and have a drink the the ordinary people like us

Unfortunately not many people go the the leagues club these days as it is like going back to the 70's.

Numerous bad decisions over the past 25 years otherwise it could have been huge and the focal poitnt of the northern beaches.  Same as the diggers.

If they had live bands maybe it would be a place to go.  Nowdays it's a pokie palace full of old guys and Asian women.  Not so nice. 

DSM5 link said:
If they had live bands maybe it would be a place to go.  Nowdays it's a pokie palace full of old guys and Asian women.  Not so nice. 

Nice if your an old guy that likes Asian women!

Spuds Bodyguard link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=187272.msg329911#msg329911 date=1301732312]

Nice if your an old guy that likes Asian women!
[/quote]

LOL

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7