Manly Juniors Dominate in Dubbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
Sun 22nd January, 09:53AM

The Sea Eagles spirit is alive and well in Dubbo following a very successful junior representative day on Saturday.

More than 1000 people were present to watch the Western Rams clash with the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles in junior representative trial matches at Caltex Park, Dubbo. The turnout delighted Country Rugby League officials.

Read more:
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2017/01/22/sea_eagles_fly_high_.af_news.html

I know a fair few ppl don't give a hoot about the results of any grade except 1st Grade.....I personally love seeing Manly success at every level from the roots up....used to finish work early on a Sat when Manly had a Holden Cup game and get into it when rarely, were playing a televised NSW Cup game on Fox....great to see some great young talent coming through - sets up a promising future!!

Some good young players there.In the u18's there were some new players. Kieren Mundine a fullback from southern sydney (Arncliffe Scots).Alan Tuigamala a winger from the saints. Dane Oostondrop a centre/winger who in recent years was a soccer player but has adapted quickly to league,came from Cabramatta. Lopes Goidubu from Townsville who played centre for the qld independent secondary schools rep side from last year and also Qld u16 indigenous side v NSW. Zion Matthes-Mathews a prop who comes from Wavell school in Qld. Michael Fenn a huge No.8 From St.Ignatius rugby and played for NSW schoolboys played at prop,looks a real goer with a big ticker for a rugby player(looks like he has plenty of agro). Logan Humphries a fullback picked up from the Knights. Nick Kairouz a forward from the Rabbitohs from 2015.A couple of good regulars too. Max Lehmann a local centre who played for NSW u16's against Qld last year. Cooper Johns the younger of Matt Johns boys at five eighth(was part of the NSWCIS 18 yrs squad last year). Sam Verrills a local boy who plays hooker and was man of the match(for us as stated in the article).Harry Wilson a half who was part of the NSWCIS 18yrs squad last year too.The rest of the squad are locals who were in the side or played Mathews last year, Simi Afeaki a winger,Ben Lofthouse a centre,Debraska RikiRiki a halfback,Finn Heath,Ben Gleeson,Max Barry,Sean Vaivelata,Josh Fepuleai all backrowers but the last two maybe moved into the front row,Tremaine Terzuis a five eighth and Tom Hardcastle a backrower but I think he originally came from the country.

Last edited:
Some good young players there.In the u18's there were some new players. Kieren Mundine a fullback from southern sydney (Arncliffe Scots).Alan Tuigamala a winger from the saints. Dane Oostondrop a centre/winger who in recent years was a soccer player but has adapted quickly to league,came from Cabramatta. Lopes Goidubu from Townsville who played centre for the qld independent secondary schools rep side from last year and also Qld u16 indigenous side v NSW. Zion Matthes-Mathews a prop who comes from Wavell school in Qld. Michael Fenn a huge No.8 From St.Ignatius rugby and played for NSW schoolboys played at prop,looks a real goer with a big ticker for a rugby player(looks like he has plenty of agro). Logan Humphries a fullback picked up from the Knights. Nick Kairouz a backrower from the Rabbitohs.A couple of good regulars too. Max Lehmann a local centre who played for NSW u16's against Qld last year. Cooper Johns the younger of Matt Johns boys at five eighth. Sam Verrills a local boy who plays hooker and was man of the match(for us as stated in the article).
Thanks SJ

You seem to know a lot about Blacktown and our juniors.

Are you Chad?

Some good young players there.In the u18's there were some new players. Kieren Mundine a fullback from southern sydney (Arncliffe Scots).Alan Tuigamala a winger from the saints. Dane Oostondrop a centre/winger who in recent years was a soccer player but has adapted quickly to league,came from Cabramatta. Lopes Goidubu from Townsville who played centre for the qld independent secondary schools rep side from last year and also Qld u16 indigenous side v NSW. Zion Matthes-Mathews a prop who comes from Wavell school in Qld. Michael Fenn a huge No.8 From St.Ignatius rugby and played for NSW schoolboys played at prop,looks a real goer with a big ticker for a rugby player(looks like he has plenty of agro). Logan Humphries a fullback picked up from the Knights. Nick Kairouz a backrower from the Rabbitohs.A couple of good regulars too. Max Lehmann a local centre who played for NSW u16's against Qld last year. Cooper Johns the younger of Matt Johns boys at five eighth. Sam Verrills a local boy who plays hooker and was man of the match(for us as stated in the article).
You're making those surnames up as you go SJ! lol

LOostondrop and Lopes Goidubu. Ummmm Now where did u say we recruited these boys are from again.

Were there any unknowns?
Yeah there were 2 but I worked them out.Kayne Bradley a 9 we picked up from Dogs 2015 Ball side and Joseph Matautia,the only info I can get is that he played in the Penrith district a couple of years ago and judging by the make up of the squad he is probably a prop.....@;)

Last edited:
LOostondrop and Lopes Goidubu. Ummmm Now where did u say we recruited these boys are from again.
Yeah I know,funny enough Oostondrop sounds Dutch but he played for an Italian side v the Rams a while back,maybe he has an Italian mum? Maybe Lopes has an Spanish mum or dad hhahah

Lopes sounds like a Portuguese name. Maybe his family hails from one of the former Portuguese colonies in Africa, i.e. Mozambique.

Thanks SeaEagle 9413 and Smokin' Joe for your excellent pieces of information. Looks like Manly's junior grades may be more competitive this year. Some interesting names there

Just for anyone who has an interest in the lower grades too,there are some interesting players running around for our Mathews side as well.Everyone knows about A.Hopoate and B.Trbojevic and probably Willis' little brother Isaac who plays prop.But we also have Solomon Haumono's son Maile (named after Solomons dad),I think he is a forward(was part of the NSWCIS 15 yrs squad).Joshua Schuster who can play prop but looks to be an edge backrower this year and looks pretty handy.Filimaua Filimaua Tau a prop who played for Western Sydney academy in the Mathews comp last year(made the NSWCCC 15yrs side last year).Sione Fainu a lock forward who played Parramatta district footy last year.Totive Junior Tuileisu a pick up from NZ who plays centre I think.Kaeo Weekes a five eighth who played rugby for Gordon last year and represented Sydney against country U14's.Armani Biddle a centre who played for our Mathews side last year and originally from Cabramatta.Keegan Turner a centre who we picked up from the Central Coast Centurions(played for NSWSICC I think in last years championships).Pepe Jonah Palota Kopa a winger we picked up from NZ.We also have our player of the match Jai Vaikai who I know little about except he played Penrith district footy.And last but not least CJ Mundine who is everyones favourite player/boxers nephew,I don't know what position he plays.A couple more...2 local juniors are Alec Tuitavake a prop, Angus O'Donnell who is a 9 both represented NSWCIS at the 15 yrs championships last year (O'Donnell received the NSWCIS player award for the tournament).Tapu Tuipulotu who I think is a prop and was part of the u14 Tongan train on squad last year.Oliver Penu a second rower from Camden on the South Coast.Tom Latu a winger who played Mathews for us last year but comes from Blacktown was also in the NSWCIS side last year.Jake Birt the hooker played in the NSWSICC side in the 15yrs championships too.Tyreece Matangi comes from Gordon rugby union,think he played prop as a junior in penrith district and was also a member of the u14 tongan train on squad last year.Sam Pinomi who I think is a front/backrower who was also part of the Tongan u14 train on squad last year.Cooper Woods from Merimbula/Pambula on the south coast,I am not sure if he is an outside back or backrower,apparently received an honours award for courage/bravery by dragging a friend out of the surf a few years back(person was twice his size)he scored a couple of tries in the trial.The last couple of squad members are Riaihe Jacobs, a halfback who was born in NZ but played down in Cronulla district/Caringbah recently,Viliami Fifita from Fairfield but don't know where he plays and Anaiyah Umer that I have no info about but I think he played prop against the rams.

Last edited:
Just looking at some info from the past and it was saying that a large proportion of the Parra junior sides(RUGBY) were actually plucked from Blacktown. Article was dated 2015 listing junior clubs of rep players from the junior sides.This is rugby,not league so I guess we get a few rugby types from out west to look at too.I made a couple of edits to the above posts, some new info on players mentioned and a couple of new players mentioned,cheers.Starting to think we may have an ok Mathews side,but you never know.

Last edited:
So how are you so in the loop with info Smokin'. You're not Fulton or one of the Penn brothers are you, though you probably know more about the players than the latter

We certainly seem to have a fairly strong recruiting strategy and network based on the number of players from outside the district- I am ok with this as long as we are giving the local juniors a fair crack at getting into the teams.

We certainly seem to have a fairly strong recruiting strategy and network based on the number of players from outside the district- I am ok with this as long as we are giving the local juniors a fair crack at getting into the teams.
Yeah true,I think there are 13 of the 25 man squad who are locals in the Ball which is good.The Mathews has 5/6 I think,I don't think we have ever recruited so heavily for the Mathews cup before,used to be mainly locals with a few others but I guess that is the new way of doing business to get quantity with quality as the Greek has said.Just updated the rest of the Ball and Mathews 25 man squads but they could change before the season starts I guess....

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4