Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Might upset the brothers but they get enough from us anyway...... I'd ditch Trevor as well. He's had a chance and offers nothing.
Yeah 14 games should be enough for a 21 year old who has been switching positions each time he’s played,in a team that hasn’t been consistent in their play or personnel and has had two years of his development ruined by a pandemic,to prove himself to a bunch of people on a forum

As far as the playerscurrently off contract, I'd definitely give Fulton and extension. Young, Flegg player of the year, won club rising star award, handled club debut in tough circumstances brilliantly.

Looks like Boyle is resigned....meh

Veaga on min.....maybe

Roumanos, Seggy, Smalley, De Luis can go

As for the 23 lot.....well plenty of water to come under the bridge still so hard to say, would def want to keep Farrick and Weekes.

The rest are playing for the futures IMO
I thought Vega is already signed for next year

Yeah 14 games should be enough for a 21 year old who has been switching positions each time he’s played,in a team that hasn’t been consistent in their play or personnel and has had two years of his development ruined by a pandemic,to prove himself to a bunch of people on a forum
I respect your opinion but I reckon he's another dud like Shyster .... cut 'em loose.

Seen nothing from Trevor that apart from the name shows he has a future in 1st grade.

We need cap space and need to be ruthless and we can't keep players who aren't delivering.

Chad Randall.

Chad Randall.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS

Cam lands first signing – and it’s another blow for Hasler​

Cameron Ciraldo’s first official signing as head coach of the Bulldogs is his “bubble buddy” Chad Randall, the now former assistant to embattled Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler. Randall is seen as key to Ciraldo’s success, and Hasler fought hard to keep him, but a desire to make his name away from the club where his dad, Terry, was a legend led Randall to the Bulldogs.
“Cam and I got to know each other up in the team’s bubble on the Sunshine Coast,” he said. “We were neighbours up there in the bubble last year.
“After we’d finish our day’s work we would sit around and discuss all things footy and soon realised that we were on the same path. We’d talk about some of the simple stuff in footy and what you want out of your recruitment and things like that. We are definitely aligned in the way that we want to play the game and the way that we feel the game should be and could be played. I feel a real responsibility because I was his first recruit and I feel honoured to be working at the Canterbury club.”
Advertisement

Randall’s departure will be seized upon as a sign that Manly are falling apart after the inclusivity jersey fiasco.

RELATED ARTICLE​

Matterson with the premiership trophy.

NRL 2022

‘Do or die’: Matterson’s grand advice for inexperienced Eels

“I was talking with Cam about coaching with him when the Tigers were talking with him, well before all of the Manly media started to take hold,” he said.
“This has not been the result of the rainbow jersey or how the season finished up – anything but, to be honest. Des wanted to keep me at the club, but for me it was always about my personal development as a coach. Des and the Manly club have been great for me and to me.
“I have learnt so much from Des. We’ve had some big conversations for some time and especially over the last six weeks about it and in the end he was very good to me – he put his arm around me and said congratulations. I look at what Dean Young has done at the Cowboys. He took himself out of a familiar environment [St George Illawarra] and he has had success at his new club. I have obvious ties with Manly, and I would never shut the door on a club like that, but for now, this is a huge opportunity.
Advertisement

“The other reason I went there was to work with Gus [general manager Phil Gould].”
As for being a first-grade coach?
“I’m not 100 per cent there yet. I still have a lot to learn.”

Chad Randall.

Chad Randall.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS

Cam lands first signing – and it’s another blow for Hasler​

Cameron Ciraldo’s first official signing as head coach of the Bulldogs is his “bubble buddy” Chad Randall, the now former assistant to embattled Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler. Randall is seen as key to Ciraldo’s success, and Hasler fought hard to keep him, but a desire to make his name away from the club where his dad, Terry, was a legend led Randall to the Bulldogs.
“Cam and I got to know each other up in the team’s bubble on the Sunshine Coast,” he said. “We were neighbours up there in the bubble last year.
“After we’d finish our day’s work we would sit around and discuss all things footy and soon realised that we were on the same path. We’d talk about some of the simple stuff in footy and what you want out of your recruitment and things like that. We are definitely aligned in the way that we want to play the game and the way that we feel the game should be and could be played. I feel a real responsibility because I was his first recruit and I feel honoured to be working at the Canterbury club.”
Advertisement

Randall’s departure will be seized upon as a sign that Manly are falling apart after the inclusivity jersey fiasco.

RELATED ARTICLE​

Matterson with the premiership trophy.

NRL 2022

‘Do or die’: Matterson’s grand advice for inexperienced Eels

“I was talking with Cam about coaching with him when the Tigers were talking with him, well before all of the Manly media started to take hold,” he said.
“This has not been the result of the rainbow jersey or how the season finished up – anything but, to be honest. Des wanted to keep me at the club, but for me it was always about my personal development as a coach. Des and the Manly club have been great for me and to me.
“I have learnt so much from Des. We’ve had some big conversations for some time and especially over the last six weeks about it and in the end he was very good to me – he put his arm around me and said congratulations. I look at what Dean Young has done at the Cowboys. He took himself out of a familiar environment [St George Illawarra] and he has had success at his new club. I have obvious ties with Manly, and I would never shut the door on a club like that, but for now, this is a huge opportunity.
Advertisement

“The other reason I went there was to work with Gus [general manager Phil Gould].”
As for being a first-grade coach?
“I’m not 100 per cent there yet. I still have a lot to learn.”
Could work out OK. Chad off to broaden his coaching education, could potentially come back to Manly as head coach in the future?

Okay, all you political Analysts ... the following quote from Chad Randall about his conversations with Ciraldo ... has me pondering for a deeper meaning ...

“After we’d finish our day’s work we would sit around and discuss all things footy and soon realised that we were on the same path. We’d talk about some of the simple stuff in footy and what you want out of your recruitment and things like that. We are definitely aligned in the way that we want to play the game and the way that we feel the game should be and could be played."

Does this subconsciously indicate that he wasn't on the same "all things footy" alignment with Dessie

Thoughts?

Okay, all you political Analysts ... the following quote from Chad Randall about his conversations with Ciraldo ... has me pondering for a deeper meaning ...

“After we’d finish our day’s work we would sit around and discuss all things footy and soon realised that we were on the same path. We’d talk about some of the simple stuff in footy and what you want out of your recruitment and things like that. We are definitely aligned in the way that we want to play the game and the way that we feel the game should be and could be played."

Does this subconsciously indicate that he wasn't on the same "all things footy" alignment with Dessie

Thoughts?
Possible backhander, yes.

However the article claims that Hasler wanted to keep him. I know the Randall’s were annoyed when Hasler let him go as a player. Let’s face it though, he wasn’t in his dad’s class.

Maybe Chad and Cam were pitching tents up there?

So good luck ‘Hanging’ Chad.

Thoughts?

More of an age thing I reckon Chad and Ciraldo are closer in age.

Thoughts?
The understudy always has thoughts on how they could do things better.

Chad would no doubt have learned an awful lot from Des during his time as assistant coach. Doesnt mean he would have agreed with elements of his coaching, but who agrees with everything their teacher says and does?. Probably admires Des and gained much from the experience. I suspect he's gone over the the Dogs to learn from a different master, thereby enhancing his knowledge of what works in coaching. Not, I would suspect, a slight on Des. Merely seeing his career needs different perspectives. Smart move. And yes I suspect he probably has his eyes on coaching at Manly some time in the not too distant future. Well done Grasshopper.

Dogs fan here, does Chad work on attack more or defense more and with him signing with us, is it a good or bad acquisition? Cheers.
Neither. Running drills, supervising sessions following Des' instruction, etc. Not tactics/strategy, more assistant/supervisor. Hales and Des do all structure/tactics etc. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

He ( chad) is most likely going to also receive more money at the dogs. A big influence no doubt as we all need to eat. I would not read too much into this. Btw chad’s junior coaching record is not too flash either but in saying this he did not have a lot to work with from memory.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4