Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Can't see us affording 2 assistants Bozo, Monas is on a 100k, well, maybe Chads on that as well.
Too many cooks spoil the broth feathered friend
Visual search query image

It’s a money savings exercise for Mr Fluffy , Chad leaving saves him $150k.

No great loss as our coach wouldn’t listen to him anyway.

It’s a one man show out Brookvale way so we in fact don’t need any assistants.

PS: opinion only no inside knowledge

No great loss as our coach wouldn’t listen to him anyway.

PS: opinion only no inside knowledge

Who is this Mr Fluffy ????

It seems to be that way with Desmond Doesn't it

Chad is a good person, with some experience at London prior to coming back to manly. He is a good communicator and is on a learning curve. This extra experience will set him up for a longer career. Good luck to him.

NRL 2022: Des Hasler’s Manly Sea Eagles future to go on the line as coach faces board meeting​

Manly captain Daly Cherry-Evans has again been forced to deflect questions about Des Hasler’s future as a looming board meeting is set to decide his fate.

Brent Read and Michael Carayannis

less than 2 min read
October 5, 2022 - 2:14PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s.../0810140e3e6ba46d319fbd6c1afc7371#share-tools
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s.../0810140e3e6ba46d319fbd6c1afc7371#share-tools

Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans has distanced himself from the bunfight at Manly as chair and owner Scott Penn prepares to front a board meeting which is expected to determine coach Des Hasler’s future.
Sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed that a board meeting would be held as early as next week and Hasler’s future would be a major agenda item.
It is understood the parties have made little progress since the situation exploded a month ago amid revelations from News Corp that the Sea Eagles were confronting a myriad of issues heading into the off-season.
The most significant was the future of Hasler, who has one year remaining on his contract and has been pushing for an extension as part of a succession plan that would see him eventually step aside.
Des Hasler’s future at Manly could become clearer after a board meeting next week. Picture: NCA Newswire/Gaye Gerard
Des Hasler’s future at Manly could become clearer after a board meeting next week. Picture: NCA

Cherry-Evans was keen to avoid discussing the situation on Wednesday as he joined the Kangaroos in camp for the upcoming World Cup tour.
“I have said my piece on it and there is really not much for me to elaborate on because nothing has changed,” Cherry-Evans said.

“As a player that is one thing I have learnt over the last few weeks – I can only control how we go about playing next year. I am looking forward to getting in there in the pre-season and helping turn things around.”
Cherry-Evans and Jake Trbojevic entered Kangaroos camp on Wednesday. They will fly to England on Thursday to begin Australia’s defence of the World Cup.

NRL 2022: Des Hasler’s Manly Sea Eagles future to go on the line as coach faces board meeting​

Manly captain Daly Cherry-Evans has again been forced to deflect questions about Des Hasler’s future as a looming board meeting is set to decide his fate.

Brent Read and Michael Carayannis

less than 2 min read
October 5, 2022 - 2:14PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans has distanced himself from the bunfight at Manly as chair and owner Scott Penn prepares to front a board meeting which is expected to determine coach Des Hasler’s future.
Sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed that a board meeting would be held as early as next week and Hasler’s future would be a major agenda item.
It is understood the parties have made little progress since the situation exploded a month ago amid revelations from News Corp that the Sea Eagles were confronting a myriad of issues heading into the off-season.
The most significant was the future of Hasler, who has one year remaining on his contract and has been pushing for an extension as part of a succession plan that would see him eventually step aside.
Des Hasler’s future at Manly could become clearer after a board meeting next week. Picture: NCA Newswire/Gaye Gerard
Des Hasler’s future at Manly could become clearer after a board meeting next week. Picture: NCA

Cherry-Evans was keen to avoid discussing the situation on Wednesday as he joined the Kangaroos in camp for the upcoming World Cup tour.
“I have said my piece on it and there is really not much for me to elaborate on because nothing has changed,” Cherry-Evans said.

“As a player that is one thing I have learnt over the last few weeks – I can only control how we go about playing next year. I am looking forward to getting in there in the pre-season and helping turn things around.”
Cherry-Evans and Jake Trbojevic entered Kangaroos camp on Wednesday. They will fly to England on Thursday to begin Australia’s defence of the World Cup.

Look at the news leads and judge how much of this is true!

There issue is around Dessies contract. The new CEO indicated in his first interview that he unlike predecessors will not be making public terms of Dessies contract. The media will interpret non disclosure of details in the worst light possible… which has been the cause of the negative spin etc…of recent in my humble opinion.

We have one owner who controls the board? What is the point of a board meeting? Am I missing something?
I guess it will run more like a business meeting where the owner ( Penn) will make supposedly informed decisions. Most businesses in Australia actually run this way… considering the vast majority are not publicly listed… in other terms it’s a management meeting I guess.

I guess it will run more like a business meeting where the owner ( Penn) will make supposedly informed decisions. Most businesses in Australia actually run this way… considering the vast majority are not publicly listed… in other terms it’s a management meeting I guess.
Sounds like a way to not be accountable

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6