Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters

Edit: 2012 and 2013 as well. You're right though we normally get done in round one.
Yeah that’s right. Was it 2013 we beat Brisbane in Brisbane ? Also 2012 we beat the warriors. Good call. So not that long ago.

Jake:

- “We definitely didn’t want to [leave] – that didn’t come from us,” Trbojevic said.

- "I don’t like seeing [those reports], and I’m a really good friend of Daly’s."

I look forward to reading all the retractions and seeing all the mea culpa's from the regular morons on tv.

~waits forever~

But but but it was "said" by a "source" and or a "close friend" of the Trbojevic family!!!!!!

Yeah we must be in a crisis with all these players re-signings and the Turbo's all committing to the club. There isn't one player that's left the club that we wanted to keep.

What are the fox sports mob going to do or say with all this positive news?

Yeah we must be in a crisis with all these players re-signings and the Turbo's all committing to the club. There isn't one player that's left the club that we wanted to keep.

What are the fox sports mob going to do or say with all this positive news?
Then they'll just use the well worn "underlying tensions"..within the Manly camp...oh hum !!

Fun Fact: If Manly doesn't make the GF next year, Penn's tenure will officially be the worst performing years since our club's inception in 1947
Interested to understand how you figured that out.

Is it based on avg points/season, positions on the ladder, or just lack of premierships?

1998 - 10th place
1999 - 9th place
2000 - 12th place
2001 - 10th place
2002 - 9th palce
2003 - 14th place (?)
2004 - 15th place (?)

That feels like a bad stretch to me......

Is it based on avg points/season, positions on the ladder, or just lack of premierships?

1998 - 10th place
1999 - 9th place
2000 - 12th place
2001 - 10th place
2002 - 9th palce
2003 - 14th place (?)
2004 - 15th place (?)

Maybe Pete's discounting the Northern Eagles years (2000-2002)? **** knows I've done my best to wipe them from my memory.

Anyway, I still think we're officially "in crisis". Any team that has lost seven in a row is bound to cop some scrutiny - and rightly so. The only way to end the crisis and stop others talking is to win games of footy. We get a chance to change the narrative next season.

1998 - 10th place
1999 - 9th place
2000 - 12th place
2001 - 10th place
2002 - 9th palce
2003 - 14th place (?)
2004 - 15th place (?)

Basing on longest period of time between either making a GF and/or finishing regular season with the Minor Premiership. Isn't that really the only true measure of success. For example, finishing 9th isn't really that much better than finishing 12th. Big picture, if you're not contending, no one looks back and even notices you were even there (unless you get the spoon, that seems to be quite memorable too)

1997 we were Minor Premiers, and also made the GF. 2007, 10 years later, we made the GF. We had the Northern Eagles debacle in between, and shrewdly out witted those poor Bears, during at the time also was certainly considered the worst performing years on the field. Now, fast forward...2013 we made the GF, 10 years later (with nothing in between) will be next year. Since 10 years is the longest period of time Manly has ever gone without either the Minor Premiership, or a GF appearance, then logically, we will need to at the least either win the Minor Premiership or make the GF. During 1998-2006 I think it's fair to say we had a pretty damn good excuse, this time round, you can literally pin point our downfall on continual, repetitive, poor managerial decision making, and a deterioration of club culture. Only the boss can truly be accountable for this. Anyway, that's my perspective and at this point, I am just happy that 2022 is over

We are going okay for a club in crisis.
Pretty optimistic considering the sht that just transpired this year, the fact that we will be dealing with this jersey crap again next year with both sides refusing to back down, the fact that other teams have started training and we don't even have a coach until at least a month in, the fact that we have missed out on 2023 recruitment, a ball hasn't been kicked yet, and we now have to contend with an early season trip to NY (how's the jet lag boys? I wonder how many losses we incur after that pointless exercise). Pretty optimistic given the inconsistency of our captain and halfback, the likelihood of injury to our best player, and the unofficial appointment of a wooden spoon winning coach. Our boss will be in court over screwing over our last coach, who still happens to be a club legend. No Foz, no worries. As you say, we are going ok lol

We are going okay for a club in crisis.
I totally agree. We are seem to be a desirable club for players to re-sign and extend contracts with. We have two players who look likely to win a world cup. We made finals just last season. We won a Daly M just last year..... Our facilities have improved. Not exactly 'crisis' material.

Dont get me wrong - we aren't killin it eaither.... but it could be worse!

OMG just imagine if this is true. LOL 😂 I guess there maybe some who may like this idea…

OMG just imagine if this is true. LOL 😂 I guess there maybe some who may like this idea…

Thanks, @Red Pill , for the info. I initially read the headline as "Manly to destabilise their divided organisation by installing Malcolm Turnbull as temporary Chairman". :eek:
Malcolm does have an excellent track record in destabilising organisations. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Do we get Barnaby Joyce as well? :rofl: If so, Turnbull will be instigating a "bonk ban" as one of his first acts as temporary chair.

Thanks, @Red Pill , for the info. I initially read the headline as "Manly to destabilise their divided organisation by installing Malcolm Turnbull as temporary Chairman". :eek:
Malcolm does have an excellent track record in destabilising organisations. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Do we get Barnaby Joyce as well? :rofl: If so, Turnbull will be instigating a "bonk ban" as one of his first acts as temporary chair.
Hmmm I sense a governance dream team as Kevin Rudd is also available.. At least they will keep the murdoch media away….

A Positive Crisis Perspective
In the middle of every Crisis lies Opportunity
Eagles in Crisis Fund · GiveCampus

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4