Manly drop out of willy race

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
just announced by Ray Hadley on 2GB @10:30 that Manly has dropped off on signing Willy Mason, A decision was made by Manly's powerbrokers, a official club press release will follow this afternoon

source 2GB

OK can't say I'm disappointed with that decision. Lets have a red hot crack at Feleti Mateo now for 2011, he'd be a perfect fit for us I reckon.

Media Release - Willie Mason
Manly Sea Eagles
Wednesday, 27 January 2010
The Manly Sea Eagles today announced they won’t make an offer for Roosters forward Willie Mason.

Manly CEO Graham Lowe today issued the following statement: “The management of the Manly Sea Eagles today decided not to make an offer to Willie Mason for the upcoming 2010 Telstra Premiership.

“We are content with the squad we have and are confident of a successful season.

“The club is eager to move on from the speculation of Mason joining the club and is continuing to work hard in preparation for the season ahead,”Lowe said.

The Sea Eagles won’t make any further comment on the Mason issue.

I want willy................I dont want willy.

Dramatic change of tune. Sounds just like many young teenage girls I used to know back when I was a kid.

Pity.  Looking at the efforts of Kite and Perry last season I wouldn't be as confident as Lowe about our forward strength, unless he knows more about their attitude for this season.  Losing Hall won't help as well.  Oh well, life goes on.. 

Jatz Crackers link said:

Dramatic change of tune. Sounds just like many young teenage girls I used to know back when I was a kid.

And they didn't want willy either.

Chip & Chase link said:
OK can't say I'm disappointed with that decision. Lets have a red hot crack at Feleti Mateo now for 2011, he'd be a perfect fit for us I reckon.

Agree he would be a good fit, but forget about him I think, the Warriors have already made their intentions known that they are going to go hard after him as their marquee player, and money isn't going to be an issue for them with some of Sonny Fai's money still available, added to by the fact Price will retire and the rumour mill is suggesting McKinnon is on the outer and Tate may not be re-signed

Mateo is just another over-rated islander kid.  Parra is full  of them and they were lucky to get where they did last season.  Kiwi, if your stuff about the warriors is true, they're truly stuffed.  Tate and Mckinnon are the only players who have talent.  The rest are just basketcases poorly coached.

Tate is on 400k a year and spending most of it on the sidelines so patience may be wearing thin there, personally I think they would be better off using that money on a halfback. Bit harsh on a couple of them mate, Vatuvei on his day is devastating, and Mannering delivers week in week out. They do have a guy who looks the goods in the 20s, Shaun Johnson, but he is maybe a year away from being ready, but if they start badly I can see him being thrown in mid season

On McKinnon, off contract at the end of the year, and have heard people say "he is a cancer at the club" with his attitude, and another rumour going round is that he has been training woefully and Hohaia and Locke are fighting it out for the fullback spot, Locke is a pretty special talent

Both Tate and Price would be eating up most of their cap.  Vatuvei is damaging as you say, but inconsistent.  Mannering is a workman like club forward.  Consistently good, without being great.  The rest have their days, and way too many not so good days.  I like the Warriors, but they must drive any supporters to the bottle.  And they really should have more of them after all this time.  I think their average home crowd must only be about 10K.     

1 of the fella's at work is a big Warriors fan and last season he was close to tossing them in because they were so boring to watch haha. The success of the 08 season lifted their averages up around 15,000 last season I think, but another poor season like 09 and that will drop considerably, the thing in their favour is the constant decline of rugby's popularity. Have read of some long term season ticket holders that have not renewed based on the decision to strip Price of the captaincy

Yeah - hindsight will be great. I just hope you enjoy watching your Eagles out of Moolloollaba

I'm happy at the decision today and it seems to have come from higher up than Lowe I think. we have a pretty good squad imo
hopefully our new halves click pretty quickly whoever Des picks

Jatz Crackers link said:

Was that before or after formal introduction.

Sounds like Willy never rose to the occasion

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8