Manly dragged into Essendon mess

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
On the top in bold on front page of http://www.news.com.au
Sacked Bombers staffer worked for NRL premiers

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sacked-essendon-sports-scientist-worked-for-nrl-premiers/story-fnelctok-1226570990764

Sacked Essendon sports scientist worked for NRL premiers

By Daniel Piotrowski
February 05, 2013 5:44PM

Only dragged in by gutter scum News journo who takes a vague association and turns it into a screaming hysterical headline. No suggestion of any association or wrong doing at Manly in 2008 but we'll make an asociation to try and taint us. Typical News Ltd filth.

Yes they can suck bullsh1t outta a rock, these grubs...wait till Slothfield returns from his USA junket...

Can't believe now Adam Lucius has done a story on the same. Even gone so far as to call Hasler for comment.

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/sacked-scientist-helped-sea-eagles-220781

Sacked Essendon sports scientist Stephen Dank first came to prominence in the NRL after being linked to Manly's controversial calves' blood experiment in 2008.

We won the comp, he was part of the support team

Fair enough in my mind that we are "dragged" into it

doesn't look good though, he was working for us. Let's hope the club can get a comment out and some facts soon. If we are another DrugCastle we will never live it down. Imagine if it was true, not many actual NRL winners with us and Storm.

We have nothing to worry about our players were tested regularly in 2008 and nothing came of it. This isn't some lance Armstrong thing. If they weren't going to strip Newcastle of 1997 premiership they aren't going to touch us.

I wouldn't say "Manly were dragged into Essendon mess", just a story about a former employee/contractor - which he apparently was.

Some of you guys are paranoid that the media is trying to bring us down from any angle, lighten up, not everything is an anti Manly conspiracy.

It's just to sell papers here as well, let's face it most of us in NSW don't give a rats what happens in AFL so the link was put in to make us read it and the Bombers are a big club.

Of more interest to me in this story is how long has he been at Essendon? - was this his next gig after Manly? did he leave or did we punt him (as Essendon did ) ? etc, etc

Can anyone shed some light on this?

RL Gronk said:
We have nothing to worry about our players were tested regularly in 2008 and nothing came of it. This isn't some lance Armstrong thing. If they weren't going to strip Newcastle of 1997 premiership they aren't going to touch us.

Mate it wouldnt surprise me if the team was taking it, crazed Hasler would try anything to gain an advantage. The rumored substance that Essedon are taking is near impossible to detect. Not saying that we did but not saying that we didnt, just don't think that Manly would never do such a thing because we are 'Manly'

Ceagle said:
RL Gronk said:

Mate it wouldnt surprise me if the team was taking it, crazed Hasler would try anything to gain an advantage. The rumored substance that Essedon are taking is near impossible to detect. Not saying that we did but not saying that we didnt, just don't think that Manly would never do such a thing because we are 'Manly'
I get what you are saying but if there's no possible test results there's nothing they can do

RL Gronk said:
Ceagle said:
RL Gronk said:

I get what you are saying but if there's no possible test results there's nothing they can do

I know, we are in the clear but I'm just saying it is possible

lsz said:
We won the comp, he was part of the support team

Fair enough in my mind that we are "dragged" into it

Agreed. He worked for us, no need to get overly defensive about. As for the reports they haven't stated anything to get upset, it even says there is no suggestion of wrong doing. Lets not be so precious about it.

Im sure he has worked for numerous clubs. Just so happened we won when he worked for us.

I much prefer this offseason to last one, but come on people. Blood pressure has been inflated over too much nothingness this offseason.

Ceagle said:

Ceagle said:
I know, we are in the clear but I'm just saying it is possible

From the 1st post I reckon your saying, its probable, then you say you dont know if we did or didnt, then its not probable at all.

Then the second post you seem to be saying its unlikely but then its possible.

OK, thanks for clearing that up :)

Just like any body that was related to the Storm Salary Cap Scandal- wait on he now at the Roosters.....
Sorry....

Man, some of you guys must have real high blood pressure.

Relax, enjoy life, be manly, pat a puppy, hug a moose!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4