Manly defend NRL over Scott breaking Dylan Walkers eye socket.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting to see as well, he may not be out as long as reported (6 weeks) if Bulldog Ritchie is to be believed with his thoughts below:

Manly has publicly claimed injured centre Dylan Walker will be out for six weeks through a fractured eye socket.

I hear the Sea Eagles may have added a week or two onto Walker’s injury return.

Four weeks out is closer to the mark.

Why would Zorba tell Ricthie to write that ?? Was the original 6 weeks just to put pressure on the judiciary when assessing Scott's suspension ?? or is he trying to play mind games with our upcoming opponents. There's a week off between rounds 15 and 16 so if he doesn't make it back by round 15 it's essentially 6 weeks anyway so why the big scoop ??

I'd imagine we wouldn't want to unload a lot on Scott given what Api produced in the same incident

The initial reports I saw on the Walker injury were 3-6 weeks, somewhere along the line 6 got taken as gospel, maybe because it sensationalises the situation more if he is out for 6

Don't really understand why we released this statement, very few people would believe it and it just raises questions as to what Manly seek to gain from it. Would have thought a 'no comment' line would have been better

Lyall probably has bigger fish to fry than to get worked up about this issue and given what has gone on this season he could be forgiven for not wanting to court controversy.

For what it’s worth, I am fine that the penalty points are reduced with time off the field due to the send off as the send off should be considered part of the punishment for the illegal conduct. What I don’t understand is why API didn’t receive a points reduction for being sin-binned - the policy should apply equally to both the sin bin a send off as they are both part of the overall punishment.

For what it’s worth, I am fine that the penalty points are reduced with time off the field due to the send off as the send off should be considered part of the punishment for the illegal conduct.
Can't agree with that. You should not be given any favours for being sent off.
Sent off, should be just that...sent off.

Last edited:
If you injure a player you should off the field until that injured player is fit to return.

Except for cam smith.
So Jordan McLean should never play League again?And what if Curtis Scott had layed the same punch as he did on Walker on either Sam Burgess or James Graham?Im guessing Burgess or Graham wouldn’t even feel it and no fracture,no weeks out thus no suspension for Scott.Granted I’m guessing Scott wouldn’t have had the balls to punch either of them

So Jordan McLean should never play League again?And what if Curtis Scott had layed the same punch as he did on Walker on either Sam Burgess or James Graham?Im guessing Burgess or Graham wouldn’t even feel it and no fracture,no weeks out thus no suspension for Scott.Granted I’m guessing Scott wouldn’t have had the balls to punch either of them

I think we are talking pre-meditated as in punching not accidental injury sustained in a tackle

I am guessing, as a seasoned media professional, Gorman thought there was little to be gained from stating anything contrary – this is why he is good for our club. I just wish he had been more present during the salary cap time

Also saying that injuries should factor in suspensions is a dangerous situation (unless it is an extra ordinary situation). Take the current situation where walker could be back in 3,4,5 or 6 weeks…how long should the suspended player be gone for?

What if a player goes out and does the mother of all clotheslines on a player who does not get injured? Does the player who does a lesser tackle but, for whatever reason, gets injured deserve more punishment?

When we are complain about too much subjectivity in the game re penalties I would hate to think what could happen if we introduce more

We are currently appealing a fine for the salary cap scandal. I don't know if rocking the boat will help with that.
Coming out and saying Scott's suspension is inadequate will not change a thing but have the NRL turn around in private saying we will show you, the appeal failed.

We are currently appealing a fine for the salary cap scandal. I don't know if rocking the boat will help with that.
Coming out and saying Scott's suspension is inadequate will not change a thing but have the NRL turn around in private saying we will show you, the appeal failed.

... and that maybe why Gorman didn't kick up a stink about the 2 weeks .... that plus we don't want to lose Api for longer than what he got ...

If Walkz returns the favour next rd ,does that mean he gets 2 wks ?
Players have been under the illusion ( created by Greenburg) that such acts would rub you out for a lengthy period of time.(his words in the beginning).
Well going forward players will now think 2 weeks suspension for punching and fracturing there opponents cheekbone is nothing.
Manly ( lylal gormans suck up comments to the NRL ) basically left Walkz out to hang , they didn't have his back at all.
They expect effort and guts from the players every time they go out to play and have a lot to say about the players when things go wrong.
But failing to stand up to the NRL in Dylan's case and demand a lengthy suspension for Scott was pure gutless !
IMO weak leadership and as for Trent ? I'm just disgusted

Forgetting the injury to Walker, 2 weeks is a pretty poor suspension for what is effectively a coward's punch.
And the fact the pr*** had 2 bites at it after he missed with the first one, the charge and suspension are a complete joke.

There should be an absolute distinction between "game play" that goes wrong (e.g. high tackle, spear tackle, etc) and blatant foul play in terms of suspension.

He should have got 4-6 weeks no matter what.

Yep, especially as the NRL has made a point of outlawing punching - ie automatic sin bin or send off.
We know they are a weird mob but players have been suspended for two weeks for an innocuous "shoulder charge" or similar but a straight up punches to the head that does more damage to the game's image is a stock standard two weeks.

Whether we like Sam Burgess or not, he got two weeks for his leading with his elbow to one of the Morris' ( can never tell which is which ) that was debated by the pundits whether it was deliberate, careless or nothing much, granted he's got a rap sheet littered with all sorts of stuff I'm just using this as an example.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6