Manly Crowd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The crowd was great. Most of the game you could hear them being a lot more vocal than the bunny fans.
The bunny fans got really excited towards the end when Jake went to the bin. They knew they were back in it then.
And then they carried on as if they won it fair and square.:swear:
Then cue the camera on Russell Crowe in the sheds. If anyone's missing a dairy cow I think Russell ate it whole.
Well done to the Manly fans last night. It was a great look.

I loved the spirit of the crowd last night. It's only the second game I was at this year but the noise and support was great. Sad end to the night but proud to be a Sea Eagle fan.

The crowd was great. Most of the game you could hear them being a lot more vocal than the bunny fans.
The bunny fans got really excited towards the end when Jake went to the bin. They knew they were back in it then.
And then they carried on as if they won it fair and square.:swear:
Then cue the camera on Russell Crowe in the sheds. If anyone's missing a dairy cow I think Russell ate it whole.
Well done to the Manly fans last night. It was a great look.
Rusty is prepping for his new gig in a horror flick called The Man Who Ate Redfern.
It's a sequel to our very own ex multi media giant who starred in the Greek Who Ate Manly...

It was great, there were Manly fans everywhere. Probably more for Souths but I'd be surprised if it was more than 60/40. Manly fans aren't dumb, there is a widespread recognition that our team is going places, so of course we come out to cheer them on.

I've said this a million times, when Manly are going well there are just as many(probably more in total) fans of Manly out west than there is at Manly.

Manly have the market of attracting the more rounded, intelligent, aspirational types from all areas and as the middle class grows in Australia Manly's target market grows.

You will see when Manly are well entrenched in the top 4 record crowds get made out west.(yes in part the Manly hatred also brings out the local fan)
What holds Manly's local crowds back is the shyte public infrastructure to get to the ground, if there was a train stop walking distance from the ground the crowd support will improve big time.

This not travelling over the bridge crap people talk about is more when Manly are not doing well or lower 8 at best for the entire year, successful types don't want to be wasting time supporting mediocre teams and have better things to do.

This is why you see big crowds at the SFS and Homebush in games that really matter and why i am a supporter of ANZ being an option if Manly have to use this as a home base. Manly will be surprised if they are doing well how many supporters will attend ANZ, Homebush, even Bankwest.(even out Penrith way)

The area where i think Manly have the least amount of support is down south from Cambelltown onwards.

The crowd would of been bigger last night had it not been for the bad weather earlier in the week still stuck in peoples mindsets.

The SCG crowd for the Roosters v Souths game was poor considering it is basically a home game for both in good weather and a chance to be one game away from the GF.(along with being each teams biggest traditional rival) Last nights crowd numbers were identical and technically not a home game for Souths(location wise) and nowhere near Manly.

I recall a poor crowd between Manly and the Cowboys in a semi but the weather was ice cold from what i remember that week and it never felt like a big game or Manly being in any danger. Conversely playing the same team for a place in the GF got over 30,000 with not much Cowboys support to swell the numbers.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6