Manly axing is just deserts for Des Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ceagle

Bencher
Manly axing is just deserts for Des Hasler

Manly’s decision to remove premiership-winning mentor Des Hasler from the top job at Brookvale effective immediately was the only possible outcome for the Sea Eagles, and is just deserts for Hasler’s duplicitous actions.

Following a marathon seven-hour board meeting on Wednesday, Hasler was relieved of the final year of his contract at the club where he won two premierships after signing a multi-million dollar four-year deal with Canterbury Bulldogs from 2013 onwards.

Club chairman Scott Penn cited “serious contract breaches” as the reason behind Hasler’s termination, with the implication Hasler had been manoeuvring to take several key stars, including five-eight Kieran Foran, along to the Bulldogs with him.

The idea of Hasler being able to successfully work at Brookvale next season was about as feasible as Anthony Watmough playing designated driver on a Saturday night out on The Corso.

If, for example, Manly had suffered a premiership hangover early on next season, how could Hasler have been relied upon to make the best possible decisions for the long-term future of the club?

There is one simple answer: he couldn’t.

For those who don’t reside on the North Shore, Hasler’s abrasive personality is hardly endearing and the manner in which he has conducted himself throughout this saga has not done much to improve that perception.

Hasler’s defection to Belmore was made public only days after the 2011 NRL Grand Final and only the foolish would deny that the deal had been in the offing in the lead-in to the premiership decider.

The glow of premiership glory deflected the spotlight away from Hasler’s skullduggery but had the Warriors beaten Manly that evening, the blowtorch would rightfully have been turned on Hasler.

If Hasler had been significantly affected by the fractured board at Manly to the point he could no longer continue at the club, then so be it. Walk away.

But don’t try and keep your fingers in two pies at once, Des.

It’s unmanageable, underhanded and most importantly, unprofessional.

As one of the club’s favourite sons Hasler has been able to mould the Sea Eagles into one of the best teams of the last decade, and his coaching credentials are unquestioned at the Sea Eagles.

But success at one club doesn’t necessarily translate to success at another. Just ask Ricky Stuart.

And at a club who have been starved of major success over recent seasons, patience might run thin if success isn’t instantaneous.

I’m willing to bet there will be more than a few who won’t mind seeing things turn sour out at Belmore for Hasler given his conduct over the past month.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/11/09/manly-axing-is-just-deserts-for-des-hasler/

He forgets one big issue.

He couldn't walk away because Manly board held him (and still are) to his 2012 contract.

He also touches on the accusation presented unproven from the Daily Telegraph.

please read my post on page 9 of the des stood down thread MR.I despite your bleeting to the contrary, you seem only to be under the most transparent of motives.

Most would agree here that it was the boards incompetence that lead to Hasler leaving, but I would also say that most here would agree what Des is currently doing to the club is unforgivable

joeboy said:
please read my post on page 9 of the des stood down thread MR.I despite your bleeting to the contrary, you seem only to be under the most transparent of motives.
Read it, and convenientely overlooked it as a trolling post.

Ceagle said:
Most would agree here that it was the boards incompetence that lead to Hasler leaving, but I would also say that most here would agree what Des is currently doing to the club is unforgivable

Yep. spot on.

how can i be trolling a board set up to support the team i happen to support, without getting all fascist on you, i kinda have more reason to be on here posting and reading than you.

deny it all you want, but its obvious why you are here. kinda comical as well.

I am starting to think now that it wasn't so much the board's imcompetence that caused Des to leave but his own greed.

Yeah, umm he's not sacked yet. He's been stepped down, just like Carney was stepped down until further investigation was completed, or when Bill Harrigan was stepped down for blatantly cheating in the Dragons vs Manly final in 2010 (see clip of Gasnier "try")

joeboy said:
how can i be trolling a board set up to support the team i happen to support, without getting all fascist on you, i kinda have more reason to be on here posting and reading than you.

Joeboy .. note my join date is a month after yours. So are you a bandwagon fan? It's as insulting a question as asking why I'm here.

I'm a member of many forums, but it doesn't mean I have anything to do with those things.

E.G Ford Performance forums, I don't own a ford. Suzuki forums, I don't own a Suzuki. Hot4s forum, I dont own a hot4.

MrInvisible said:
joeboy said:

Joeboy .. note my join date is a month after yours. So are you a bandwagon fan? It's as insulting a question as asking why I'm here.

I'm a member of many forums, but it doesn't mean I have anything to do with those things.

E.G Ford Performance forums, I don't own a ford. Suzuki forums, I don't own a Suzuki. Hot4s forum, I dont own a hot4.

all these forums you are on,and you don't have one.....I'm guessing you're on the intelligence forum........................

Maybe I joined them because I was organising a big car cruise ?

Anyway ignorance is bliss they say, so that would make you blissed from now on.

well thats a bit sad then really, heard of outdoors?

im manly through and through and have supported them for over 20 years. not that i have to prove it to you, its implied that i am exactly that given im a member here, you been here just proves you've got nothing better to do.

MrInvisible said:
joeboy said:

Why are you here ? Really
Do you want to become a manly fan but don't know how to

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4