Manly 2021 Side to make Top 4 YART

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mataiforever

Bencher
Starting
1. Trbojevic 2. Saab (signing) 3. Staggs (signing) 4. Suli 5. Funa 6. Schuster 7. Cherry-Evans
8. Aloiai 9. Cust 10. Taupau 11. Davey (signing) 12. Sironen 13. Trbojevic 14. Foran (signing) 15. Olakau'atu 16. Stone (signing) 17. Paseka

Reserves
18. Keppie 19. Liddle (signing) 20. Gosiewski 21. Saddler 22. Harper 23. Fainu 24. Titmuss 25. Boyle 26. Croker 27. Koula 28. Trbojevic 29. Taufua 30. Weekes

Development
31. Miski 32. Tuituvate 33. Smalley 34. De Bartolo 35. Dochar-Clay

Bring in Aloiai and Liddle with Parker to go the other way
Stone, Davey from Eels, Stone can play hooker too
promoted youngsters
staggs swap for walker
Liddle is a very good backup hooker / potential nrl hooker, cheap, would be great

Last edited:
Seems we are making some good moves on the market.

So far we are after or have been after
Hetherington
Aloiai
Staggs
Saab
Garner

Not a bad hit list, Jacob liddle could be a potential cheapie that would help our hooking stocks. Not many hookers out there atm. Out of the 4 remaining i think we can secure 3 of them. I dont think Staggs will come here but who knows.

Starting
1. Trbojevic 2. Saab (signing) 3. Staggs (signing) 4. Suli 5. Funa 6. Schuster 7. Cherry-Evans
8. Aloiai 9. Cust 10. Taupau 11. Davey (signing) 12. Sironen 13. Trbojevic 14. Foran (signing) 15. Olakau'atu 16. Stone (signing) 17. Paseka

Reserves
18. Keppie 19. Liddle (signing) 20. Gosiewski 21. Saddler 22. Harper 23. Fainu 24. Titmuss 25. Boyle 26. Croker 27. Koula 28. Trbojevic 29. Taufua 30. Weekes

Development

promoted youngsters
staggs swap for walker
Liddle is a very good backup hooker / potential nrl hooker, cheap, would be great
I have no problem with the YART, but the Top 4 is beyond us.

Starting

Reserves

Development

promoted youngsters
staggs swap for walker

Very much a Dreamers side that one. Lovely to have but there's this little problem of salary caps. If you're right I'll give you the thumbs up :party:

1. Tom T. 2. Saab 3. Walker 4. Suli 5. Funa (or Hoppa if he stays). 6. Schuster 7. DCE 8. Taupau 9. Cust 10. Paseka 11. Sironen 12. Olakau'atu 13. Jake T. 14 Foran 15. Keppie 16.Aloaia 17. Gosiewski

Others: Harper, Davey, Parker, Croker, Ben T. , Sione Fainu, Titmus, Boyle, Koula, Weekes, Taufua, M. Fainu

Very much a Dreamers side that one. Lovely to have but there's this little problem of salary caps. If you're right I'll give you the thumbs up :party:
staggs liddle and stone huge shoots in the dark because:
staggs is so out of budget (unless walker leaves)
stone and liddle not actually linked

realistic side would be:
1. Trbo 2. Saab 3. Walker / Parker 4. Suli 5. Funa 6. Foran 7. Cherry-Evans 8. Aloiai 9. Cust 10. Taupau 11. Davey 12. Sironen 13. Trbojevic
14. Schuster 15. Gosiewski 16. Keppie 17. Paseka

Sadly I don't have faith in signing much quality either, and top 8 probably is the goal.

staggs liddle and stone huge shoots in the dark because:
staggs is so out of budget (unless walker leaves)
stone and liddle not actually linked

realistic side would be:
1. Trbo 2. Saab 3. Walker / Parker 4. Suli 5. Funa 6. Foran 7. Cherry-Evans 8. Aloiai 9. Cust 10. Taupau 11. Davey 12. Sironen 13. Trbojevic
14. Schuster 15. Gosiewski 16. Keppie 17. Paseka

Sadly I don't have faith in signing much quality either, and top 8 probably is the goal.

Trouble with Walker is that even if he is picked up by another club, we'd end up paying some of it and then he is already on a discount contract. Not much money there I'm afraid. If Manly had sufficient legal grounds to shunt him without penalty, at best that's about $450,000 to play around with. And to lose Walker you would need someone of equal talent and that wont come cheap. I'm hoping some of these young centres coming through like Harper, Suli, Ben T. Funa, maybe even Koula (though I suspect he's destined for the wing), reach the next level. By 2022 one or two of them may be top replacements for the wayward Walker.

Surely we are after a 9.. any 9 other than croker. Jacob Liddle is a good little player but he is injury prone. Id like andrew McCullough to come for a year but i don't see it happening. Anyone else? Peats? Bit of a weirdo but so was wolfie

My bet for the side for Round 1, 2021 (injuries and otherwise notwithstanding):

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Dylan Walker
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Cade Cust
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Jack Gosiewski
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

Bench - Josh Schuster, Sean Keppie, Hermole Olakau'atu, Morgan Boyle

If we don't actually get Saab (and its looking like we will), then Funa will be on the wing. Given Jorge's Achilles injury ... I really don't expect to see much of him in first grade next year, if we see him at all. And I think Garrick will still be on the right wing, this time outside of Walks. Hopefully having Dylan there will see Reubs getting a lot more more quality ball in space than he saw this year.

Parker will get the nod at centre as Suli is still expected to be on the injury list. Brad will be ahead of Funa, Harper and Hopoate in the pecking order.

I fully expect Foz to start at 5/8, Cust at hooker and Shoe off the bench. Sorry but you don't buy a 200+ game international and premiership winning half, then start him at dummy half and give the 5/8 job to a kid who's played less than 70 minutes of first grade against not the highest quality opposition.

Des showed his hand at the end of this year by giving Jetski first crack at the vacant back row spot. And to his credit, Jet played well. I can't see that thinking from Des changing anytime soon.

I've only named Boyle because given the salary cap I'm not really expecting us to pick up many more props.

OK, I’ll bite, probably showing both my age and ignorance, but what does “YART” mean?

As Holden said, "Yet another Ryan Team."

We have whole page full of memes! (and it's harder to find than a needle in a stackful of needles!)

YART:

YART stands for "Yet Another Ryan Team" this is probably the first and most well known meme of the site. A poster of the site, known as Ryan throughout the early days of the site, and in fact still today enjoys coming up with various combination's for different team lineups for the mighty Manly Warringah Sea eagles. These teams are at time controversial, other times they are quite normal and yet others they are just outlandish. YART's are no longer restricted to Ryan and these days many posters choose to put their idea for a team line-up under the title of a YART. One of the more famed YART's was with the selection of Adam Cuthbertson, prop/backrower on the wing

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Dylan Walker
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Cade Cust
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Jack Gosiewski
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

If we don't actually get Saab (and its looking like we will), then Funa will be on the wing. Given Jorge's Achilles injury ... I really don't expect to see much of him in first grade next year, if we see him at all. And I think Garrick will still be on the right wing, this time outside of Walks. Hopefully having Dylan there will see Reubs getting a lot more more quality ball in space than he saw this year.

Parker will get the nod at centre as Suli is still expected to be on the injury list. Brad will be ahead of Funa, Harper and Hopoate in the pecking order.

I fully expect Foz to start at 5/8, Cust at hooker and Shoe off the bench. Sorry but you don't buy a 200+ game international and premiership winning half, then start him at dummy half and give the 5/8 job to a kid who's played less than 70 minutes of first grade against not the highest quality opposition.

Des showed his hand at the end of this year by giving Jetski first crack at the vacant back row spot. And to his credit, Jet played well. I can't see that thinking from Des changing anytime soon.

I've only named Boyle because given the salary cap I'm not really expecting us to pick up many more props.

Of course that would mean Des lied. He said Foz was there to play hooker in an interview. Of course not that he hasnt done that before but surely having Cust and Croker as hookers and Foz at 5/8 is a far weaker proposition that foz and Cust at hooker and Schuster at 5/8. Fainu is the key here. Des needed a play maker replacement in his absence and Manly released their only other hooker, Levi. Foran is there for a year. Seems more logical to me that was the purpose. Foran's skill still on the field and Schuster there as well. The other option seems decidedly weaker to me, because it would mean Schuster in the forwards for part of the game and his effectiveness in that position is far less, which is why he was moved permanently to 5/8 in the juniors..

Last edited:
Team that will make the top 4??
1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Jason Saab
3.Dylan Walker
4.????
5.????
6.Keiran Foran
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
8.Jake Trbojevic
9.Manase Fainu
10.Marty Taupau
11.Luke Garner
12.Curtis Sironen
13.Joshua Schuster

14.Cade Cust
15.Taniela Paseka
16.Joshua Aloiai
17.Haumole Olakau'atu
18.Andrew Davey

Obviously the question marks are where I think we need to improve if we snag garner and aloiai. I almost wish we let suli go to be honest and I dont think garrick he is a modern day winger. 500k that suli is on plus the surplus of garrick could of well gotten staggs in there. The other wing? Take your pick with what we have.. funa/ Koula/ Burbo?. 2022 release foran and put Schuster in the halves then have 350k to spend for a decent winger plus upgrades amd we should go close to a ring in 22

As Holden said, "Yet another Ryan Team."

We have whole page full of memes! (and it's harder to find than a needle in a stackful of needles!)

YART:

YART stands for "Yet Another Ryan Team" this is probably the first and most well known meme of the site. A poster of the site, known as Ryan throughout the early days of the site, and in fact still today enjoys coming up with various combination's for different team lineups for the mighty Manly Warringah Sea eagles. These teams are at time controversial, other times they are quite normal and yet others they are just outlandish. YART's are no longer restricted to Ryan and these days many posters choose to put their idea for a team line-up under the title of a YART. One of the more famed YART's was with the selection of Adam Cuthbertson, prop/backrower on the wing

What the actual hell ? :rofl: Hahahaha, love it :h:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Dylan Walker
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Cade Cust
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Jack Gosiewski
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

My bet is this (for round 1)
1 Tom 2 Saab 3 Funa 4 Parker 5 Garrick 6 Foran 7 Cherry-Evans
8 Aloiai 9 Cust 10 Taupau 11 Davey 12 Sironen 13 Trbojevic
14 Schuster 15 Gosiewski 16 Keppie 17 Paseka

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8