Manly 08 v Broncos 98

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Update (after my vote)

1998 Donkeys 48.1% (556 votes)
2008 Sea Eagles 51.9% (600 votes)

As one comment in the article says......you don't win 40-0 accidentally.

You know its an article in a News Ltd. owned paper when you read the final paragraph.....

"Our tip: These are two incredibly talented and potent attacking football teams, but the star power and class of the Broncos just can’t be denied. They have so many weapons and could score in so many different ways, it seems likely that they’d get the job done. We’d pick Brisbane in a tight one, but your votes are what will decide the winner of the NRL Premiership Tournament."

Current score:
1998 Donkeys 38.32% (669 votes)
2008 Sea Eagles 61.68% (1,077 votes)

To be fair the Broncs 98 team was an awesome team. But as others have stated you don't win 40 nil by accident.

Who scored that thing?? Damn fools I tell ya........!! Our boys should have come out on top for each and every comparison.....!

Clearly, The Mighty Manly Sea Eagles team of 08 would definitely smash the 98 Donkeys News Ltd scum, no question about it.....!!

To be fair the Broncs 98 team was an awesome team. But as others have stated you don't win 40 nil by accident.

What are you on about? Ask any Brisbane supporter who will tell you that their team would have beaten Manly in 08 if they made the GF. Or ask anybody not a Manly supporter who will tell you that it was only because Captain 2 Contracts Smith was missing that Melbourne lost. That 08 team was the luckiest team on the face of the planet.

Well, either that or they were just unbeatable in that finals series, winning their games by a combined total of 110-12 and being completely dominant.

It's one of the two!

What are you on about? Ask any Brisbane supporter who will tell you that their team would have beaten Manly in 08 if they made the GF. Or ask anybody not a Manly supporter who will tell you that it was only because Captain 2 Contracts Smith was missing that Melbourne lost. That 08 team was the luckiest team on the face of the planet.

Well, either that or they were just unbeatable in that finals series, winning their games by a combined total of 110-12 and being completely dominant.

It's one of the two!
I remember doing the math on that and thinking "is that the most dominant finals series EVER played by a team"?

Yes, very lucky in 2008.
It wasn't the 3 strong momentum building seasons leading up to that day.
Or how we were good enough to finish the regular season equal 1st.
Or the strong finish to the season, winning the last 6 games, averaging 37 points for and 9 against.
Scored 8 lucky tries to none too. No skill involved at all and all tries Smith would have Stopped if he played.
We're so lucky!

Meanwhile........

Melbourne flogged the pants of Cronulla, a top side in form, the week before with no Smith. So ner.

Yes Smith was out, only leaving them with no name plodders like Cronk, Inglis, Slater and Izzy Folau with mere Origin players like Turner, Quinn, Hoffman and Crocker to compliment them.

Haha so many highlights of tries in Turner's wing with Turner nowhere to be seen. That guy sure could stink up a football field in a big game!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6