Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also those left discussing are those that wont be giving an inch, so what are we achieving here people...

Isn't it obvious? Freedom! Woodsie is in a desperate struggle to defend Freedom!!

no good will ever come from the loss of freedom

the person defending freedom
Your new catchcry, Freedom! Looking good Woodie

1660179685425.png

Its disappointing when someone who is clearly literate insists on playing dumb, its hard to imagine what motivates you to play these games.

But as for your rank dishonesty in misrepresenting my comments - that is worse than when you play dumb! Yes it seems to have gained you a new disciple in Mr Red Pill, but don't i actually post enough controversial statements for you to argue with?
Do you really have to make up fictitious ones? Aside from attrracting the likes of Mr Red Pill (and congratulations on that) what possible motive do you have for coming on a footy forum and making garbage like this up? Its puzzling.

Sorry ... I thought it was you that posted this comment below ... are you saying the redneck Bringbackthe Biff really has taken over your account ..

You for some reason demand the right to persecute some sections of the community, because of Jesus and God. This is what you love about democracy, the right to persecute minorities?

And you have the gall to accuse me of misrepresenting you ...

and your next contribution to the debate is to ....to proclaim to the world with fallowed brow .... Woodsie's only defending the rights of the 7 because ... and again wait for this doosey ... because of his love of persecuting minorities ...

What sort of crack are you smoking ..??

Maybe they could play with rainbow coloured footballs or the match officials could wear rainbow type gear as a form of symbolism . Tend to think on a serious note however that that Wests Tigers C E O is closer to the reality on the matter . Would certainly prefer if the aggrieved Manly players agree to wear the rainbow outfit in any future planned event and at the same time they are still able to have their current outlook respected and noted but still looks like problems ahead . Have quite a bit of time to sort it until next time and certainly hope behind the scenes there are some concerted attempts to come up with some sort of an acceptable all round solution

Can we please keep this thread to Manase.

There are endless threads to discuss the topic that has been discussed to death.

Also those left discussing are those that wont be giving an inch, so what are we achieving here people...

I agree ... apologise but this was the thread that I replied to a post in ... mods can move them all to a woodsie's Freedom thread ...

@Woodsie if you want to continue debating the matter that we should all just let go of then find a sounding board and converse with them, don't just drag it into any thread you can

Agree ... but maybe that remark should be directed to Ser8 ... after all ... it was a post of his that I replied to ..

Sorry ... I thought it was you that posted this comment below ... are you saying the redneck Bringbackthe Biff really has taken over your account ..

And you have the gall to accuse me of misrepresenting you ...

and your next contribution to the debate is to ....to proclaim to the world with fallowed brow .... Woodsie's only defending the rights of the 7 because ... and again wait for this doosey ... because of his love of persecuting minorities ...

What sort of crack are you smoking ..??
Very disappointing, until you find and quote my comment where you falsely allege that I called for the banning of bigots, you have zero credibility and I won't bother trying to converse further with you.

Its disappointing when someone who is clearly literate insists on playing dumb, its hard to imagine what motivates you to play these games.

But as for your rank dishonesty in misrepresenting my comments - that is worse than when you play dumb! Yes it seems to have gained you a new disciple in Mr Red Pill, but don't i actually post enough controversial statements for you to argue with?
Do you really have to make up fictitious ones? Aside from attrracting the likes of Mr Red Pill (and congratulations on that) what possible motive do you have for coming on a footy forum and making garbage like this up? Its puzzling.

Specifically, when - exactly - do you say I called for the banning of bigots? I note you were terribly frightened by that (alleged) call, so I'm sure it made a big impact on you and you can find it again instantly!
Man i don’t condone the behaviour of bring back the biff towards you but I can understand how you could bring out the worse in people. I don’t know you personally and truly hope there is more to you than comments like the above… i am sure there is…..some people can actually see through the pompous pretense you emit on the forum.

Of course ...

But but but ... they said they wouldn't wear a rainbow jersey ... what in the name of Jesu's sacred foreskin is the consequences of that ....

Going to bed without supper ....

Although I think one old dear is calling the police and crying persecution ...
The consequences are quite obvious I'd say.

They've outed themselves as being intolerant of homosexuals & consequently some parts of society have supported their views while others have lost respect for them & denounced them.

Man i don’t condone the behaviour of bring back the biff towards you but I can understand how you could bring out the worse in people. I don’t know you personally and truly hope there is more to you than comments like the above… i am sure there is…..some people can actually see through the pompous pretense you emit on the forum.
Dear Red Pill,

So … I’m red-necked, backhand racist antichristian with a New World order, and hypocritical and sanctimonious (actually, the most sanctimonious) – and also… pompous! Great! I have to say that is very Christian and tolerant of you guys to honour me with such ridicule, personal abuse, and insults.

I had wondered whether you and woodsie might feel any slight embarrassment that you haven’t been able to actually back up what you allege me to have done/said? Like – how exactly have I fought intolerance with another form of intolerance? I’d love to know! Or when exactly did I call for the banning of bigots? (which so outraged and frightened Woodsie)

But then I googled Red Pill, and yep, now I think I see what’s going on
(and your Nietzsche quote hardly allays concerns)

I just deleted that post as I read the further discussion about staying on topic, but since you caught it, how about answering instead of deflecting?

What would you think of anyone who wore a swastika armband?

Mate, it's not a game of hypotheticals.... and if you have read only one of my posts you would realise I don't give a tinker's cuss for what they believe ... nor do I give a shiite ..

But as long as what they say and do are legal ... then i will defend their rights to the end.

Mate, it's not a game of hypotheticals.... and if you have read only one of my posts you would realise I don't give a tinker's cuss for what they believe ... nor do I give a shiite ..

But as long as what they say and do are legal ... then i will defend their rights to the end.
Yes, I know as you've been repeating that statement constantly, only now with the inclusion "legal" 🤔

My point is that the consequences of someone wearing a swastika armband would be (probably most) people thinking that someone is a bit of a d1ckhead at the very least.

Therefore people are just as entitled (FREE, one could say) to judge the 7 players on refusing to wear the rainbow jersey as being intolerant of homosexuals.

No one has the right to restrict anyone's freedom of thought or opinion, including those of the people who think less of these 7 players for the stance they took.

Dear Red Pill,

So … I’m red-necked, backhand racist antichristian with a New World order, and hypocritical and sanctimonious (actually, the most sanctimonious) – and also… pompous! Great! I have to say that is very Christian and tolerant of you guys to honour me with such ridicule, personal abuse, and insults.

I had wondered whether you and woodsie might feel any slight embarrassment that you haven’t been able to actually back up what you allege me to have done/said? Like – how exactly have I fought intolerance with another form of intolerance? I’d love to know! Or when exactly did I call for the banning of bigots? (which so outraged and frightened Woodsie)

Hey mate….you are hilarious now painting yourself to be a victim…. Poor little you.
Btw, i am not religious not that I suspect you would really care ( just more concerned about finding a label and obtaining some likes :). I like the name red pill because of the matrix movies and it’s platonic reflections. Nietzsche wasn’t apparently a big fan of Plato but I appreciate some of his work in other ways. Like predicting some of the postmodern ideologue stuff going on atm.. which you seem to peddle…. most likely subconsciously.
Gee if I had to guess your favourite philosopher or thinker I would imagine the last name would likely start with M. Just a guess. :)

Anyway despite our differences at least we support the same footy team and on that note it would be good to keep politics out of footy…

No I don't consider myself a victim just because you and W resort to personal insults, it shows more about you than about me.
Anyhow - keep politics out of sport? Good luck with that.
(and for the record, I don't mind Sacha although hard to watch at times)

Yes, I know as you've been repeating that statement constantly, only now with the inclusion "legal" 🤔

My point is that the consequences of someone wearing a swastika armband would be (probably most) people thinking that someone is a bit of a d1ckhead at the very least.

Therefore people are just as entitled (FREE, one could say) to judge the 7 players on refusing to wear the rainbow jersey as being intolerant of homosexuals.

No one has the right to restrict anyone's freedom of thought or opinion, including those of the people who think less of these 7 players for the stance they took.

Of course ... think what you like ...

No I don't consider myself a victim just because you and W resort to personal insults, it shows more about you than about me.
Anyhow - keep politics out of sport? Good luck with that.
(and for the record, I don't mind Sacha although hard to watch at times)
You remind me of the character in my profile photo atm… in regards to insults etc you give at least as good as you get.. maybe need to add the H word to the list of insults against you.
At the end of the day I don’t know you nor do you know me. On this forum you appear from what I see to be one of the most judgmental but who cares what Mr Red Pill thinks. According to you I am apparently aligned with Bob Katter and Pauline Hanson and alike if you remember correctly….yep but I know this is just your straw manning nonsense.
Go Manly…

Dear Red Pill,

hey here is a. example of one of your many pretentious posts… there are so many to support the points I have made recently if this is really what you want to see.? Are you comfortable with me sending more to you via the PM facility as I suspect the mods won’t appreciate too many off topic posts? I mean posts where you elevate yourself above others etc… you apparently have 24 thousand posts to work through. I will need to take a few days off work I think….
Yes, straight after sacking the people who signed a bunch of bigots to play NRL without reminding them one of the NRL's core beliefs is 'we are inclusive'
The players are entitled to their views as Vlandy acknowledged this himself in a related press conference while saying the game was still inclusive…. Notice how the head of the NRL has not referred to them as bigots.. as you have…

The issues aren't going away, uncomfortable though that be. Many here would prefer it never be discussed again! And no doubt some hope it is never discussed again in NRL or certainly in Manly.
I do not agree that it's best left ignored until next inclusion round or whatever it is. The NRL should be working seriously with clubs on the issues over the off-season, who needs another damaging and embarrassing debacle?

As for us mere fans, we can discuss or ignore as we please. But if discussing, can you try to post at least one comment without including a put-down, this time I see I'm pretentious and elevate myself above others.

Are you trying to avoid discussing the actual issues? If so just don't post in this thread. Your insults are getting tiresome.

The issues aren't going away, uncomfortable though that be. Many here would prefer it never be discussed again! And no doubt some hope it is never discussed again in NRL or certainly in Manly.
I do not agree that it's best left ignored until next inclusion round or whatever it is. The NRL should be working seriously with clubs on the issues over the off-season, who needs another damaging and embarrassing debacle?

As for us mere fans, we can discuss or ignore as we please. But if discussing, can you try to post at least one comment without including a put-down, this time I see I'm pretentious and elevate myself above others.

Are you trying to avoid discussing the actual issues? If so just don't post in this thread. Your insults are getting tiresome.
Lead by example.. I mean with the put downs and such…. are you claiming to be innocent in this department? ….a famous person allegedly said…..Btw this applies to me as well not just you….

“let him who is without sin cast the first stone”​

My goodness you are so hypocritical you don’t want to discuss the issues really…you are are more concerned virtue signallling than anything else. I am happy to discuss this topic with anyone including you. I have already discussed with others on the forum quite respectfully. This will be my last post to you on this matter…. but please ask yourself this question. ..what am I am doing to receive these kinds of responses from people such as myself? Think about what you extracted from the Biff? Yeah he is a rotten egg no doubt about that…. but you somehow drew out all the stench!!! over and out RP…..

Last edited:
Lead by example.. I mean with the put downs and such…. are you claiming to be innocent in this department? ….a famous person allegedly said…..Btw this applies to me as well not just you….

“let him who is without sin cast the first stone”​

My goodness you are so hypocritical you don’t want to discuss the issues really…you are are more concerned virtue signallling than anything else. I am happy to discuss this topic with anyone including you. I have already discussed with others on the forum quite respectfully. This will be my last post to you on this matter…. but please ask yourself this question. ..what am I am doing to receive these kinds of responses from people such as myself? Think about what you extracted from the Biff? Yeah he is a rotten egg no doubt about that…. but you somehow drew out all the stench!!! over and out RP…..
Come on mate, Biff has obvious mental health issues & went on rants against anyone he perceived as being against him.

You can't suggest SER8 has done anything wrong simply because they are one of the many people Biff went off at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4