Magnus Stromquest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle

First Grader
This bloke of an unbelievably awesome name is apparently taking offers from other clubs after negotiations with Manly have stalled.....

Good luck to him.

I hope he gets a motza and goes on to play for Australia.

Magnus was an exchange student at Jon-Erik Hexum Memorial High in LA a few years back, where the PE teacher was Mr Dolph Lundgren.

The Eagle said:
This bloke of an unbelievably awesome name is apparently taking offers from other clubs after negotiations with Manly have stalled.....

NO!!!! Want 'Ultra' Magnus to play for us

We need to hang onto this kid, he seems like he's the goods. Would hurt even more given the lack of quality props at the club currently.

Yeah, from what I've seen he is the brightest prospect from the Toyota Cup squad. And he a rareity: a non-Polynesian prop!

It's a bit of a concern that we don't seem to be as good at holding onto props as other positions.
I rate this guy in a big way & would hate to see him go the way of Tasi & JWH. Between Stromquist & Cunningham, we're ok but we can't keep losing our depth.

I saw a car at the forrestway and Mona vale rd intersection this morning with the number plate 'magnus' and who do you think was driving it?
He is a massive bloke for a 20 yr old!

Being the best of a very bad bunch isn't saying much.

I wouldn't want his salary to potentially lose us any of Harrison, Robinson, Lussick, Mauro, Cunningham, Palau (all our other 2nd tier props).

He's got potential though, If he stays he should be in NSW cup next year, I'm surprised he wasn't there this year TBH.

Wolfpack said:
He's got potential though, If he stays he should be in NSW cup next year, I'm surprised he wasn't there this year TBH.

I'd say they wanted to see his leadership qualities, and the club also saw how poor a quality the rest of the team are.

It just sucks having a low salary base for these junior teams. Then again, we could take The Rooster route, and just pilfer all the good ones once other respective clubs have invested in their players growth.

The way he plays it's like Webcke/Tolman/Graham huge work rate and big minutes for a prop.

It's not out of place for him to play the full game which is a big effort for the big boy's regardless of which grade it is

Ryan said:
Wolfpack said:

I'd say they wanted to see his leadership qualities, and the club also saw how poor a quality the rest of the team are.

It just sucks having a low salary base for these junior teams. Then again, we could take The Rooster route, and just pilfer all the good ones once other respective clubs have invested in their players growth.

Good call re:leadership, never thought about that. He does look a bit doughy as well, might have found it difficult to compete with adults.

In a perfect world both he & Cunningham will be our starting props for the future, hope it works out that way,

Props can take longer to develop, but to be honest I see him as a trier but no sure if he'll have the game to got to the NRL level. His best chance is really working on his fitness and try and turn into a Tolman type prop who just works hard but really doesn't threaten the opposition too much.

the fact you can spell Storm out of the first 5 letters of his surname is a concern to me, can't really see it working out for him at Manly unless he changes his surname.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6