Lyon was right...refs stank

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Lyon was pushing the limits with his call - "It's like your trying to get them back in the game" to the ref
But he said what I was thinking....
They were constantly offside & always laying on the player, throwing 5-6 ridiculous forward passes & 1 time...Burgess tackled- momentum stopped,....stands up & passes the ball ???? Play on ????
We got lucky with the No Try call ...but the rest....obvious calls that I agree ...were in Souths favour big time.

Lyon was pushing the limits with his call - "It's like your trying to get them back in the game" to the ref
They were constantly offside & always laying on the player, throwing 5-6 ridiculous forward passes & 1 time...Burgess tackled- momentum stopped,....stands up & passes the ball ???? Play on ????
We got lucky with the No Try call ...but the rest....obvious calls that I agree ...were in Souths favour big time.

Agree with everything except the 'no try' - it wasn't a try. While they don't require proper downward pressure anymore, the wording is something like 'maintain control' - and there's no way Burgess had any control over where that ball was, he was desperately scrabbling to keep a finger or two in contact with it as it slid away from his hand. If that was a try, Myles didn't knock the ball on a couple of minutes later either - he had the same level of finger contact on the ball the whole time as Joe Burgess did.

Agree with everything except the 'no try' - it wasn't a try. While they don't require proper downward pressure anymore, the wording is something like 'maintain control' - and there's no way Burgess had any control over where that ball was, he was desperately scrabbling to keep a finger or two in contact with it as it slid away from his hand. If that was a try, Myles didn't knock the ball on a couple of minutes later either - he had the same level of finger contact on the ball the whole time as Joe Burgess did.

It was really obvious from the side on view that he lost it. I couldn't understand the outrage of the commentators at all.

He is very lucky he didn't get binned Refereeing was rubbish but when was the last time a decision was changed. You never ever question their integrity.Complain about a decision but to suggest it was a plan to get Souths back in the game is crazy.

Absolute waste of time .Get back and get on with it. Smith gets away with the same stuff and it annoys the hell out of me.

Every chance he will be charged in my opinion as he has reputation for it. Will be an absolute shame if our momentum is killed by this.

Challenging the ref is trademarked by Bozo. Kevin Walters was sent off during a club game during a English tour for telling the ref what the penalty count was when he went back in after half time.

I just don't know if it works in today's day and age. Does it just get the ref off side. You would want to pick your mark.

Cam Smith butters the ref up. Stirs all the players up. When's the last time Melbourne got screwed by the refs.

He said that?? Hahaha he's right... good on him I didn't hear because I couldn't hear anyone but me!! The most sh*tbag refereeing effort of the year. They lost the f*cking plot.
I actually think the on field refs have improved this year and the bunker is marginally better than last year but tonight was f*cking borderline dodgy !!

He will get some kind of suspension, one for being a Manly player and two for whatever rule they can dream up and find. He was right though they were given every leg up possible. We were getting too much ball and too much go our way for them not to start finding penalties.

Two refs is no better than one, half the time I can't even see why someone was penalised. I mean I know what the signal is for but most of the time it is marginal and really just a subjective call. Go back to one ref and stop penalising every bit of rubbish that can be imagined

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6