Lyon plays down grand final rematch (from NRL.com)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Refer:

http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=52243

Lyon plays down grand final rematch
By Liam Fitzgibbon
AAP

Manly five-eighth Jamie Lyon has played down next week's NRL grand final re-match against Melbourne as a battle for premiership favouritism.

Both sides will head into next Friday night's top-of-the-table blockbuster Brookvale Oval match in fine form following convincing wins.

The Sea Eagles outclassed Penrith 30-10 at home while the Storm thumped a depleted Gold Coast side 44-4 in Melbourne.

Manly's win gave them a two-point buffer ahead of the Storm at the top of the competition and ensured they remained favourites for the minor premiership with five regular rounds to go.

A win at home against the reigning premiers would be a giant leap towards the minor premiership for Manly, but Lyon said the match shouldn't have a bearing on who is considered the team to beat in 2008.

"It's still nowhere near the end of the season and that sort of stuff so it'd be good to get the win and maybe a little bit of breathing space from other teams, but if you win or lose you've still got to do it around semi-finals time," Lyon said.

"The Storm are a top team and I reckon they're still the bench mark and right across the park.

"It's going to be a big game I think there's been a lot of talk on the northern beaches about it and hopefully there's a big crowd out there next week.

"Hopefully we can get a little bit of a roll on going into the semis and cause a bit of havoc."

The Sea Eagles could welcome back backrower Anthony Watmough for the clash from injury while halfback Matt Orford is likely to play despite carrying a groin injury.

The captain played down the injury Friday night despite it seeming to trouble him at times, saying it was something he had learned to deal with in recent weeks.

"It's just an ongoing thing, 90 per cent of the blokes out there are running around with niggles," Orford said.

"At times you get a bit sore and you tweak it but it's something I've learned to manage"

Meanwhile Penrith halfback Luke Lewis is in doubt for Saturday's clash with the Bulldogs after a sickening head clash with Sea Eagles centre Steve Matai saw him hospitalised with concussion.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6