Lussick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Once I heard in the off season we had picked him up to come home, I was excited.... I was thinking he would grow another leg..... But after watching him last weekend he looked so far off the mark it was embarrassing , I really hope this kid finds what he's sorely missing other wise we have a massive pay packet running around nsw cup. Lussick has to turn things around .... Can you put your finger on what's his issue?.. Attitude , fitness ? Because if it's fitness his not likely to push himself in nsw cup.
Hope this guy turns things around as we have invested in him on good coin.

Adjusting back to a new club after being in the slime "system"...and one week and all

He has the Size and he looked fit and seemed to try hard but in a game where we dropped too much ball and never played with any structure or cohesion it is hard for any player to stand out . At least he never dropped balls and missed crucial tackles
If he proves to have the right attitude he will give 100% effort in NSW cup and he will be given another opportunity in our top side .

TBH I think Darcy can feel a bit hard done by this week. While he wasn't a world beater last week, he wasn't bad either. As Bozo said above me here, he didn't make any telling mistakes and the reason for the loss can't be fairly pinned on him.

Personally I think that Lussick should be on the bench come Monday night. It should be Vave in NSW Cup.

Lewis Brown: 80 Mins 7 Runs 54 Metres 41 Tackles
Nathan Green: 80 Minutes 7 Runs 52 Metres 27 Tackles
Marty Tapau: 63 Minutes 10 Runs 85 Metres 40 Tackles
Siosaia Vave: 25 Minutes 10 Runs 79 Metres 23 Tackles

Darcy Lussick: 28 Minutes 7 Runs 71 Metres 23 Tackles

Looking at those stats I am struggling to understand why the first 4 retained their spot and Darcy was dropped.

Green should have been dropped, not Leary.

Vave should have been dropped, not Lussick.

I have no problems at this stage with Brown or Taupau, I think Marty moving to the back row is a good thing. Brown needs to show a bit more though. He can tackle ok, but needs to make more ground when he has the ball.

TBH I think Darcy can feel a bit hard done by this week. While he wasn't a world beater last week, he wasn't bad either. As Bozo said above me here, he didn't make any telling mistakes and the reason for the loss can't be fairly pinned on him.

Personally I think that Lussick should be on the bench come Monday night. It should be Vave in NSW Cup.

I think he's been very hard done by, yes he didn't star ( and who actually did??) but he's certainly about 3 steps up the ladder than Vave is at present.

Vave may well be a world beater at some stage but at this point Darcy is a long way ahead.

I'm happy with Starlo and BJ going up , but dirty at Lussick & Leary being omitted.

I think he's been very hard done by, yes he didn't star ( and who actually did??) but he's certainly about 3 steps up the ladder than Vave is at present.

Vave may well be a world beater at some stage but at this point Darcy is a long way ahead.

I'm happy with Starlo and BJ going up , but dirty at Lussick & Leary being omitted.
I must say Mark . You were 100% right on this Leary kid . I didn't see the potential that you saw but he has come of age . I think he is unlucky not to be in our top side this week

How Vave is in first grade above Lussick and Green is in first grade above Leary, Symonds or Mateo is absolutely bewildering.

In fact how Williame is in first grade above anyone is even more confusing. Surely we must have a better outside back in nsw cup or even in Under 20's

Happy to be proven wrong Monday night on all of the above of course.

Looking at those stats I am struggling to understand why the first 4 retained their spot and Darcy was dropped.

I can answer 3 of them - Lussick is a prop the first 3 are backrowers.

As for Vave over Lussick, toss of the coin job. Guess it was you know what you get with Lussick and at 26 i could not understand those expecting miracles due to a change of club whereas Vave looks to have trimmed down and may be finally coming good but again he is not young either.

5th and 6th props at the club right now and may be overtaken by Knight before the end of the year.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
I think some are a bit critical, its only round 2 for f... sake . In a month some Will say what great aquasitions they are .

I agree. Darcy made more metres per run than the others you listed, and whenever you average 10m each run, you know that you are running with purpose and having an impact.

Darcy's problem is work-rate, always has been. In those minutes he needed 10 runs, not 7 - this is the area he needs to work on; however, he is still way ahead of Green and Tapau on work-rate from last week. I don't think he should have been dropped for that performance, and he would be in my 17 over Vave and Green (as would Leary).

While I do agree that Lussick needs to up his work rate.....he made 7 runs for 71 metres in 28 minutes.

Green made 7 runs for 52 metres in 80 minutes.

In the extra 52 minutes he played, Green only made 4 more tackles than Lussick.

Yet Darcy has been dropped to NSW Cup and Green is still in the team, albeit on the bench.

While I do agree that Lussick needs to up his work rate.....he made 7 runs for 71 metres in 28 minutes.

Green made 7 runs for 52 metres in 80 minutes.

In the extra 52 minutes he played, Green only made 4 more tackles than Lussick.

Yet Darcy has been dropped to NSW Cup and Green is still in the team, albeit on the bench.
One is a prop the other a secon rower.wake up lol

One is a prop the other a secon rower.wake up lol
Yes that is true; however, would you not want to see greater output from a second rower than 7 runs for 52 metres in 80 mins? This was the point @HoldenV8 was making rather than Darcy being a direct swap for Green.

I'd have Darcy in for Vave and Leary in for Green.

I can answer 3 of them - Lussick is a prop the first 3 are backrowers.

As for Vave over Lussick, toss of the coin job. Guess it was you know what you get with Lussick and at 26 i could not understand those expecting miracles due to a change of club whereas Vave looks to have trimmed down and may be finally coming good but again he is not young either.

5th and 6th props at the club right now and may be overtaken by Knight before the end of the year.
Strange, I've been reading here all week that there is no difference between backrowers and props, it's just a question of if they are middle players or edge players. Lussick has played plenty of minutes as a backrower, which in my opinion is his best position.

I guess it's whether it suits your argument or not, because Tapau is a prop, a lock and now a backrower, but in his case there is no difference.

How Vave is in first grade above Lussick and Green is in first grade above Leary, Symonds or Mateo is absolutely bewildering.

In fact how Williame is in first grade above anyone is even more confusing. Surely we must have a better outside back in nsw cup or even in Under 20's

Happy to be proven wrong Monday night on all of the above of course.
Mateo is on the nose as he refused to leave when bozo was shafting everyone.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2