Luke Metcalf

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
This is a young guy we seemed to have forgotten about after his early injury this year, but he is still under contract for 2020. Had he not had his injury, he may well have had a first grade debut this year and he may have a break out year in 2020. You may all remember his smiling face in lots of the pre-season pics.

He was great in defence for Workers (93.2% tackle efficiency) so although he's relatively small he seems pretty tough, albeit in the few games he played. He has a good kicking game, he's quick, elusive and he can pass equally well left and right. I think Des rates him highly and he is well respected in the club.

I think the club signed Metcalf as a potential replacement for DCE when he retires however, providing he remains injury free in 2020, he could well be partnering DCE in the halves, particularly if Walker is not re-signed and the longer the re-signing process goes on, the less likely it will happen.

This is a young guy we seemed to have forgotten about after his early injury this year, but he is still under contract for 2020. Had he not had his injury, he may well have had a first grade debut this year and he may have a break out year in 2020. You may all remember his smiling face in lots of the pre-season pics.

He was great in defence for Workers (93.2% tackle efficiency) so although he's relatively small he seems pretty tough, albeit in the few games he played. He has a good kicking game, he's quick, elusive and he can pass equally well left and right. I think Des rates him highly and he is well respected in the club.

I think the club signed Metcalf as a potential replacement for DCE when he retires however, providing he remains injury free in 2020, he could well be partnering DCE in the halves, particularly if Walker is not re-signed and the longer the re-signing process goes on, the less likely it will happen.
From what I know and have seen Metcalfe is a long way off being a regular 1st grade half. Yes he has all the skills and a real goer but he has a few flaws to iron out before being an option. I think Walker Croker Cust are all well ahead of him at thsi stage. A real shame with his injury but a full pre season and season leading Blacktown around the park will do him the world of good

From what I know and have seen Metcalfe is a long way off being a regular 1st grade half. Yes he has all the skills and a real goer but he has a few flaws to iron out before being an option. I think Walker Croker Cust are all well ahead of him at thsi stage. A real shame with his injury but a full pre season and season leading Blacktown around the park will do him the world of good

And look out for Schuster.

I agree about Schuster, as he could be amazing but I think he needs some time playing with the 'big boys'. Maybe a few matches in Jersey Flegg and then a couple in Workers and we'll see how he goes from there.

And yes, Metcalf has some things to iron out in his game but i'm sure Des will do that and was probably planning to do that this year. From what I've heard, he has a similar dedication to training as Des did, so that will bode him well in the coach's eyes.

It will be interesting to see the first round line up in 2020. Who do you leave out?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6