Loyalty a 2 way street??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
The poor old Wolf cant take a trick.
Many including myself question loyalty in footy & in recent times have been pretty pi##ed off when its involved the Seaeagles.
Heres a quick question.
Dave Williams ala Wolfman may not be as legendary as Beaver Menzies or as vital as Watmough, but he is whole hearted & gives his all as much as any player over the past few years when available.
The problem - limited games due to injury - maybe a legacy of how hard he plays the game - the way the fans like him playing the game.
So where to if this injury is long term??
Does he get shunted off to make extra room in the cap for a replacement??
Or does he get support & backing from Manly when the chips are down, after giving his all for this club where he played his way from oblivion to Australian winger.
Sure to be different opinions, admittedly even risk, but personally hope there is loyalty shown to the Wolf who imo is a great player & a top character well respected amongst most rugby league fans.
So do you keep him at Manly, or move on without him.

Many including myself question loyalty in footy & in recent times have been pretty pi##ed off when its involved the Seaeagles.
Heres a quick question.
Dave Williams ala Wolfman may not be as legendary as Beaver Menzies or as vital as Watmough, but he is whole hearted & gives his all as much as any player over the past few years when available.
The problem - limited games due to injury - maybe a legacy of how hard he plays the game - the way the fans like him playing the game.
Or does he get support & backing from Manly when the chips are down, after giving his all for this club where he played his way from oblivion to Australian winger.
Sure to be different opinions, admittedly even risk, but personally hope there is loyalty shown to the Wolf who imo is a great player & a top character well respected amongst most rugby league fans.

Im sure he wasnt on peanuts post 2008. He would have earnt a significant increase.

I'd like to see us keep him but im sure they wont pay overs. He's a classy winger no doubt.

Im sure he wasnt on peanuts post 2008. He would have earnt a significant increase.

I'd like to see us keep him but im sure they wont pay overs. He's a classy winger no doubt.

Unfortunately he couldn't be offered big dollars as it would come out of the cap and greatly disadvantage the club. Paying a bloke $200-$250k to sit on the sidelines is to big a burden.

But if he could be offered an assurance of a contract in 2014 that would be risky and the best the club could offer imho.

Unfortunately he couldn't be offered big dollars as it would come out of the cap and greatly disadvantage the club. Paying a bloke $200-$250k to sit on the sidelines is to big a burden.

But if he could be offered an assurance of a contract in 2014 that would be risky and the best the club could offer imho.

I hear what you are saying MK, but what I am confused about is that 2 weeks ago there was talk of Wolfman hoping for a contract extension but then I read today that he has taken up an option that was in his contract.
(in your best yoda voice) Confused I am..

I hear what you are saying MK, but what I am confused about is that 2 weeks ago there was talk of Wolfman hoping for a contract extension but then I read today that he has taken up an option that was in his contract.
(in your best yoda voice) Confused I am..

There are not too many clubs that would want an injury prone winger i would think. That is the only reason Manly will be able to hold onto David Williams, which is a gamble but not a big one. It would benefit the Manly side, just look at Brett Stewart you can never have enough depth.

There are not too many clubs that would want an injury prone winger i would think. That is the only reason Manly will be able to hold onto David Williams, which is a gamble but not a big one. It would benefit the Manly side, just look at Brett Stewart you can never have enough depth.

MK Eagle said:
Heres a quick question.

I hear what you are saying and I agree with most of it.
With the salary cap (and just as well, otherwise a lot of clubs won't survive without it), there's only so much room for players on the field.

You can't deny Manly hasn't been loyal to a bloke who has played only 65 games in 5 years.

I'm a fan of the Wolfman and I think he's an awesome player.
However, I think he should take a year off and work in the front office as a media person for Manly (training with the boys to maintain fitness).
This way, ...
1. He'll still have an income.
2. He's still with the club.
3. His body may get better with rest.
4. Manly gains a good PR man.
5. Possible career opportunity after football.

Anyway, just an idea. Still like having him around in some form.

MK Eagle said:
Heres a quick question.

I hear what you are saying and I agree with most of it.
With the salary cap (and just as well, otherwise a lot of clubs won't survive without it), there's only so much room for players on the field.

You can't deny Manly hasn't been loyal to a bloke who has played only 65 games in 5 years.

I'm a fan of the Wolfman and I think he's an awesome player.
However, I think he should take a year off and work in the front office as a media person for Manly (training with the boys to maintain fitness).
This way, ...
1. He'll still have an income.
2. He's still with the club.
3. His body may get better with rest.
4. Manly gains a good PR man.
5. Possible career opportunity after football.

Anyway, just an idea. Still like having him around in some form.

Loyalty IS a two way street.

I remember when we signed a back rower from Newcastle who was supposedly injury prone. Sometimes its just a matter of showing a little faith.

His value to the club is greater than what he does on the field.

Loyalty IS a two way street.

I remember when we signed a back rower from Newcastle who was supposedly injury prone. Sometimes its just a matter of showing a little faith.

His value to the club is greater than what he does on the field.

We helped out rose with a deal when his career looked over, we will do the same now. It's a business, but I have always thought better of our club.

We helped out rose with a deal when his career looked over, we will do the same now. It's a business, but I have always thought better of our club.

Does not an Extension mean an extra year on the terms of the current contract, rather than a new one!!! Wolf may have been hoping for better money. We will never know but I love his passion for NSW and I hope that his poor run with injury is over and we can see some 2008 type form in 2013 as we strive for the threepeat!!!!

Does not an Extension mean an extra year on the terms of the current contract, rather than a new one!!! Wolf may have been hoping for better money. We will never know but I love his passion for NSW and I hope that his poor run with injury is over and we can see some 2008 type form in 2013 as we strive for the threepeat!!!!

I thought Wolfy had an option in his contract for 2013 so I'd say he's taken it (hopefully anyway).

In any case, Manly have stuck with Ben Farrar despite him being out for the whole year, so I hope they'd show Wolfy the same loyalty and stick with him too.

I thought Wolfy had an option in his contract for 2013 so I'd say he's taken it (hopefully anyway).

In any case, Manly have stuck with Ben Farrar despite him being out for the whole year, so I hope they'd show Wolfy the same loyalty and stick with him too.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2