Looks like Ranger Smith

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
is finally taking Yogi out the back to put him down

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/additional-team-should-come-from-southeast-queensland-clubs-told-20110725-1hx8v.html

I like the part where it says "Queenslanders are peculiar" never has a more true statement been uttered

eagles2win said:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/additional-team-should-come-from-southeast-queensland-clubs-told-20110725-1hx8v.html

A salary cap of $5.6m and assuming 18 teams for 5 years totals $504m. The TV rights are $1b over 5 years then where does the rest of the $496m go to?

Articles like this come across as gossip & lack substance.

It starts with the statement that only one new team (in SEQ) would be considered due to the money from TV, but then goes on to mention the Perth bid without detailing if or why that bid would not be considered, other than to intimate by ommission that it would not increase TV money.

Will wait to see how the commissioners come together before i start getting excited about any new TV rights deal.

tookey said:
eagles2win said:

A salary cap of $5.6m and assuming 18 teams for 5 years totals $504m. The TV rights are $1b over 5 years then where does the rest of the $496m go to?

At a guess building up a warchest like that prior to the Super League war.

And help out CRL.

Someone has to pay for the NRL headquarters being built, guess where, of course, in the Eastern suburbs.

eagles2win said:
tookey said:
eagles2win said:

At a guess building up a warchest like that prior to the Super League war.

And help out CRL.

The CRL have been on a downward spiral since the superleague/ARL war. I live in country nsw where rugby league was thriving but has now been eclipsed by aussie rules, rugby and soccer. It going to take a lot of money and an equally long amount of time to recover from the damage caused by the war.

Daniel said:
I like the part where it says "Queenslanders are peculiar" never has a more true statement been uttered

I've always wanted to ask: why do you live in Qld?

swoop said:
It going to take a lot of money and an equally long amount of time to recover from the damage caused by the war.

Is "the war" a euphemism for "News Ltd"?

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Daniel said:

I've always wanted to ask: why do you live in Qld?

I moved here because my wife needed to move closer to her sick mother and disabled sister.

I like Queensland living, it's just Queenslanders that make life interesting, though I have a general hatred for people in general

tookey said:
eagles2win said:

Gallop and his cronies have to be paid. Add to that the 7 new IC members. Surely the NRL could afford a few million to be put towards Brookvale Oval upgrades since it seems every other team in the league has had recent work done to their stadiums. It is in the best interests of the NRL to keep the grounds in good shape.

Gallop does not behave the game's best interest, so don't expect him to bother about Brookvale. I would imagine he would prefer us to play out of one of the two big stadiums in Sydney, rather than in the suburbs. His interest lies in the nexus between News and Fox, both of whom employ him. I would hope that the Commission get rid of him and put in place a CEO who wants to both consolidate and expand. I find the development of NRL headquarters in the Eastern suburbs as his crowning folly. He fails to understand that the game will be won and lost in the large urban wilderness known as the Western suburbs. That should be the place to put the heart of the game. But let's not forget his recent purchase of a palatial house on the Eastern seaboard.

Firechild, it is not in Gallop's interest to have suburban ovals host teams. He's interested in having teams play out of either the SFS or Telstra. Simple really. He sees the game only in the revenue streams that broadcast rights will deliver. I have never heard him suggest that the game should stay in the burbs. As I have posted before, the siting of the NRL headquarters in the Eastern suburbs says it all about his priorities.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4