looking for some basic feedback

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

I know that there have been some pains for some people with the speed of the pages. I have spent some time over the past two days eliminating some errors and optimizing the advertising scripts as best I can.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if they have noticed any differences for the better in page loads?

Cheers
Dan

I haven't really been having any problems and i have the slowest work computer ever!!!!

thanks mate, just striving for perfection :)

Having recently downloaded chrome, it seems that whenever I open multiple tabs, only the first one loads.

I then have to click off and then back on to a tab to get it to load (dunno why, friggen chrome)

that said, when that's done, I believe your pages load faster so nice striving.

As stevo said, no real probs but faster is always better!

I certainly think/feel the page loads faster than when I first joined.

Party on!

btw, my avatar is a view outta a cessna 152 that I was flying. yay me!

I got a Muslim marriage site the other day.

Can't say I've noticed anything, but the speed has always seemed fine with me.

@[globaleagle]
That is a chrome issue I have noticed too. We have a system called "viglink" which is like an auto affiliate link it runs all links through on click and chrome doesn't like it. I do have that on my list to work on.

As for dating sites? well can't help you there boys, they should be at an absolute minimum as we don't really use much google adverts anymore

Daniel said:
@[globaleagle]
That is a chrome issue I have noticed too. We have a system called "viglink" which is like an auto affiliate link it runs all links through on click and chrome doesn't like it. I do have that on my list to work on.

As for dating sites? well can't help you there boys, they should be at an absolute minimum as we don't really use much google adverts anymore

Cheers, thanks for that!

Honestly I have noticed slightly faster silvertails.net page loads lately, but not by much.
Any improvement is good & welcome tho.

Still having occasional login/logout issues from a range of devices I access it from, sometimes after unexpectedly having to re-login it goes to an intermediary advertising page or something saying because you are a new member you are seeing this, after making 15 posts you won't (or something) - now that's annoying.

ssar said:
Honestly I have noticed slightly faster silvertails.net page loads lately, but not by much.
Any improvement is good & welcome tho.

Still having occasional login/logout issues from a range of devices I access it from, sometimes after unexpectedly having to re-login it goes to an intermediary advertising page or something saying because you are a new member you are seeing this, after making 15 posts you won't (or something) - now that's annoying.

You can turn that off under your User CP "Show friendly redirects"

No problem here, I think it was this site I got the ad for the new Bob Dylan Album - Tempest.

Its a masterpiece btw.

cool I have made another change that I will be monitoring in the next few hours to see if that speeds things up even more :)

Daniel said:
cool I have made another change that I will be monitoring in the next few hours to see if that speeds things up even more :)

Seems to have blown a gasket seeing as the site went down again. ;)

As for ads, guys I've gotten an Axe deodorant one, so consider yourselves lucky!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6