Lol @ Broncos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Siebold's a wanker
clap-clap clap-clap clap

Siebold's a wanker
clap-clap clap-clap clap

You see the constant naval gazing of the donkeys and it makes you chuckle how a club with such a huge advantage can be in such a big hole?

I have zero sympathy for them as their greed 25 years ago triggered a split in the game that spelled the demise of some clubs and their ruthless news filth backed approach made them a superpower that to this day causes resentment towards them.

It comes down to crap recruitment and a lazy work ethic. Every donkey ive seen is that they have a period where they are not there and they get smashed as a result.

Long may it continue!

You see the constant naval gazing of the donkeys and it makes you chuckle how a club with such a huge advantage can be in such a big hole?

I have zero sympathy for them as their greed 25 years ago triggered a split in the game that spelled the demise of some clubs and their ruthless news filth backed approach made them a superpower that to this day causes resentment towards them.

It comes down to crap recruitment and a lazy work ethic. Every donkey ive seen is that they have a period where they are not there and they get smashed as a result.

Long may it continue!

Oh how the mighty have fallen

Its not done yet......................they have one further place on the ladder to fall to................
1593559217262.png

It appears the Broncos have no passion on the field and No brains at head office
Super League Circus Champions

Paul Kent, The Daily Telegraph
July 1, 2020 8:24am

Managers have a significant weight in this game but their advice is not always the right pitch.

Clubs have a responsibility to remain cautious and level when a manager walks through the door with bells ringing, a reality where the Broncos have been sadly derelict.

The Broncos have a roster bent so badly out of shape that potentially the best forward in the NRL, David Fifita , still remains unsigned while the Broncos went about signing the likes of Matt Lodge, Tevita Pangai and others.

The Broncos will claim the Fifita delay is a managerial issue, but that is not entirely true.

The Broncos are in the hold of Moses and his growing stable to the point it is strangling the club.

Lodge and Pangai, for instance, are both managed by Moses. As is Alex Glenn, Sean O’Sullivan, Tesi Niu and Ethan Bullemore.

It was Moses who moved Andrew McCullough, who he manages, to Newcastle to bring in Ben Te’o, who he also manages.

He manages about a third of the Broncos’ squad, significantly less than just a few years back when he had 17, 18 players through the ranks.

The hole the Broncos are in with Moses goes deeper than that, though.

The Broncos have developed an “Enter At Your Own Risk” reputation among other managers, now wary of shopping their players to Brisbane.

This came after Josh McGuire and Kodi Nikorima both left manager Simon Mammino to sign with Moses while playing with the Broncos. Pangai left Sam Ayoub to sign with Moses.

Kotoni Staggs signed with Moses once at the Broncos. Jake Turpin as well.

The Broncos, apparently unconcerned that one manager could wield such influence at the club, then doubled down when Anthony Seibold, also managed by Moses, was hired as coach.

The power base of a coach and most senior players gave Moses even greater power at the club. Such a cluster can become a problem for the club. It becomes difficult to move players in and out.

Managers have, in the past, tried to strongarm clubs into signing certain players, threatening to take other players out of the club if they don’t play ball. The manager’s job is the welfare of his players, remember, not the club.

The Raiders, on Tuesday, moved to prevent a manager dictating to their club by releasing Bateman a season early after he signed with Moses, who has been deregistered by the NRL.

Furner put a deadline on negotiations and, while Bateman was still scrambling for a competitive offer to bring the Raiders to the table, the deadline passed.

“Proud of the club,” said coach Ricky Stuart.

“The last thing we’re going to be is a club such as the Broncos, or the Warriors, where they’ve been ruined by agitation and manipulation of roster.”

Meanwhile, the Broncos still haven’t got it.

Faced with trying to dig their way out of their current problems, chairman Karl Morris has gone public saying Seibold needs help. Kevin Walters was mentioned, as was Stephen Kearney.

Walters, the Queensland coach and a club great, missed the job at the Broncos and now shapes as everything the Broncos are missing.

Seibold is said to be favouring Stephen Kearney, with Morris’s support, who is the safer option. Kearney, of course, is managed by Moses.

In a sign of the times for the Broncos, though, Kearney has indicated he wants nothing to do with the coaching there.

Why do we hear so much about managers in NRL and virtually never in cricket?
Are RL players so dumb they can't negotiate a contract or have a family member with their best interest at heart help them while they are young and naive?
Or are cricketers simply much smarter than RL players?
How many professional people have managers? I know I didn't. I had an accountant and engaged a solicitor when needed, but not someone I had to pay 10% of my earnings to.

Paul Kent, The Daily Telegraph
July 1, 2020 8:24am

Managers have a significant weight in this game but their advice is not always the right pitch.

Clubs have a responsibility to remain cautious and level when a manager walks through the door with bells ringing, a reality where the Broncos have been sadly derelict.

The Broncos have a roster bent so badly out of shape that potentially the best forward in the NRL, David Fifita , still remains unsigned while the Broncos went about signing the likes of Matt Lodge, Tevita Pangai and others.

The Broncos will claim the Fifita delay is a managerial issue, but that is not entirely true.

The Broncos are in the hold of Moses and his growing stable to the point it is strangling the club.

Lodge and Pangai, for instance, are both managed by Moses. As is Alex Glenn, Sean O’Sullivan, Tesi Niu and Ethan Bullemore.

It was Moses who moved Andrew McCullough, who he manages, to Newcastle to bring in Ben Te’o, who he also manages.

He manages about a third of the Broncos’ squad, significantly less than just a few years back when he had 17, 18 players through the ranks.

The hole the Broncos are in with Moses goes deeper than that, though.

The Broncos have developed an “Enter At Your Own Risk” reputation among other managers, now wary of shopping their players to Brisbane.

This came after Josh McGuire and Kodi Nikorima both left manager Simon Mammino to sign with Moses while playing with the Broncos. Pangai left Sam Ayoub to sign with Moses.

Kotoni Staggs signed with Moses once at the Broncos. Jake Turpin as well.

The Broncos, apparently unconcerned that one manager could wield such influence at the club, then doubled down when Anthony Seibold, also managed by Moses, was hired as coach.

The power base of a coach and most senior players gave Moses even greater power at the club. Such a cluster can become a problem for the club. It becomes difficult to move players in and out.

Managers have, in the past, tried to strongarm clubs into signing certain players, threatening to take other players out of the club if they don’t play ball. The manager’s job is the welfare of his players, remember, not the club.

The Raiders, on Tuesday, moved to prevent a manager dictating to their club by releasing Bateman a season early after he signed with Moses, who has been deregistered by the NRL.

Furner put a deadline on negotiations and, while Bateman was still scrambling for a competitive offer to bring the Raiders to the table, the deadline passed.

“Proud of the club,” said coach Ricky Stuart.

“The last thing we’re going to be is a club such as the Broncos, or the Warriors, where they’ve been ruined by agitation and manipulation of roster.”

Meanwhile, the Broncos still haven’t got it.

Faced with trying to dig their way out of their current problems, chairman Karl Morris has gone public saying Seibold needs help. Kevin Walters was mentioned, as was Stephen Kearney.

Walters, the Queensland coach and a club great, missed the job at the Broncos and now shapes as everything the Broncos are missing.

Seibold is said to be favouring Stephen Kearney, with Morris’s support, who is the safer option. Kearney, of course, is managed by Moses.

In a sign of the times for the Broncos, though, Kearney has indicated he wants nothing to do with the coaching there.
Gee that Moses is doing a terrible job running the broncos

Are RL players so dumb they can't negotiate a contract or have a family member with their best interest at heart help them while they are young and naive?
How many professional people have managers? I know I didn't. I had an accountant and engaged a solicitor when needed, but not someone I had to pay 10% of my earnings to.

10% of your comments belong to @Dan

Wow, Moses is well & truly entrenched at the Broncos.

No wonder there's been zero suggestion of Seibold possibly facing the door, if Moses has him locked in there on a 5 year contract & so many players he can use as leverage to his advantage.

Surely there's some sort of anti-competitive law that can be applied to such a situation?

Moses doesnt care if his clients play in a winning team, he's only interested in making sure his 10% is as large as possible (see Hunt to Dragons).

It's kind of appropriate though, given the hold the Broncos have had over the game for so long in regards to third party payments, favouritism by channel 9 etc.

In cricket, there isn't really a chess board for the player managers to play with. The top players are contracted to one employer - cricket Australia - and the salaries are not really negotiated. There is a pool of funds to be allocated amongst the contracted 20, determined by criteria such as whether a player plays all three formats of the game or less. At a state level, there is potential for players to be shopped around different states, but the squad numbers are lower, number of teams lower and, importantly, salaries lower. Not much money to be made there.

You don't hear about player managers in AFL as much, either. I presume it's because the AFL has mostly created the market for players through free agency and the draft. In the NRL, it is the player managers that make the market and that is the issue.

What ever happened to enforcing contracts. If a player is not injured and chooses not to play then a term of the agreement should be that they don't get paid.The NRL can simply refuse to register any new contract until the existing contract expires. Players agents that seek to undermine existing contracts show be deregistered. I

What ever happened to enforcing contracts. If a player is not injured and chooses not to play then a term of the agreement should be that they don't get paid.
isn't it nice to hear that Greg Inglis is "training the house down" and "looking ripped"....
Not a peep from the NRL about how they allow the 'medically retired' Inglis to play again without repercussions on the Souffs salary cap.

isn't it nice to hear that Greg Inglis is "training the house down" and "looking ripped"....
Not a peep from the NRL about how they allow the 'medically retired' Inglis to play again without repercussions on the Souffs salary cap.
He wasn't medically retired.

He wasn't medically retired.

Technically no, but he is/was still being paid a reported $300,000 a year to be on Souffs coaching roster. Here's what was reported:
Rival club bosses will be watching closely to see if the NRL allows Inglis’ contract money to be exempt from the salary cap for the remainder of the season and 2020.
“It seems suss because it’s never been done before,” said Paul Kent on NRL 360 on Tuesday night.
“I spoke to half a dozen club bosses today and no one that we know of has come up with a precedent where a player has retired early and his salary has been taken out of the salary cap.
“If you remember back to 2017 Manly tried to get Steve Matai and Brett Stewart out of their salary cap, they were unable to do that.
“Nathan Ross retired just a few weeks ago at Newcastle. Knights are still carrying him in the salary cap. Yet somehow the NRL is allowing Souths to take it out of the salary cap.

Front page of the Courier Mail headlines.... Defiant in Crisis, Together We Stand.
No it's not the Coronavirus, opening the borders or state of the economy, it's the ****ing Broncos, part 2 of a 3 part series.

1593635819489.png
1593635819489.png

Front page of the Courier Mail headlines.... Defiant in Crisis, Together We Stand.
No it's not the Coronavirus, opening the borders or state of the economy, it's the ****ing Broncos, part 2 of a 3 part series.

View attachment 14713View attachment 14713

"Two heads are better than one!"

Actually, I kinda want to know what happened to that Wallumbilla pub...?!?!?!?!?!

edit:

found out

wah wah we don wanna obey covid rules and can't beweeve we got fined!

THE owner of a pub slapped with a huge fine for breaching COVID-19 restrictions says she fears it will mean the end for the long-running establishment.
Outrage after pub slapped with $7k COVID-19 fines

Samantha Senescall, owner of The Federal Hotel at Wallumbilla, east of Roma, says the pub, which was already struggling because of the coronavirus shutdown, might be forced into bankruptcy if she has to pay the $6672 fine.

“We truly may lose the only pub in town due to this,” Ms Senescall said.

“I financially will not recover from this.”

If a 7k fine is something you'll never recover from....with a pub.... then you live in a town of tee-totallers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4