Lol @ Broncos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did seem a lame performance by the Broncs last night which i always find pleasing but would have to think that the addition of Fifita , Staggs and Teo [ if he can still offer something] would make them much more competitive . Didn 't see much of the game but think it was a case of the Broncs being particularly poor rather then the Roosters being that good .

Let’s hope there’s no bounce back factor and we tear them to shreds in rd 5

Agreed , **** time to play the rebound team

But manly are renowned coach killers. Another big loss, and seibold might be doing it tough. and the titans and cows will get more fans

But the most logical outcome will be the drop off in tv audiences for the 600 bronco games as there fans drift to something qld is winning at. International hat wearing maybe. I reckon the bronks could be on the nose in brizzie after a couple more big losses and with no mid year origin to salivate the state it may prove to be a poor choice for the nazi network

A question for our Queensland experts....how / why do the Broncs get it so wrong when it comes to recruitment etc.

Is the pool to big? They never seem to recruit the right players and while they have some exciting kids it is not at the scale I would have thought
They employ ex players to work in these roles and like everywhere else in rugby league very few are actually competent at what they do. Broncos recruitment is no different.

All recruitment is tough

the game itself has tried to rid itself of footballers. They have adapted and adapted the rules and very few footy players emerge from RL. Plenty of boofers

The parterning with Tv as opposed to the clubs has left footy in a diabolical state with no long term plan for what the game will look like

The games grassroot developement is a shambles.

Only a few teams and coaches can really make a difference. In the end the game is just about energy as opposed to footy and when the game is energy based blowouts occur and players look worse.

Its up to the game to develop the footy players it needs to compete with other sports, but the game doesnt know what type of player in wants in round 10 , let alone in 10 years. The game just doesnt know who it is anymore, because greenberg always placated the wrong people most recently , but since superleage the game has never been rowing in the same direction.

And keep the coaches away from the rules ffs

No one else is going to produce halfbacks for RL but RL

Broncos last night were a lot like Manly under our previous coach, so similar.

As a JBB said, Manly are coach killers (particularly of Bulldogs coaches).

Tighter turnaround for Thursday, but the Broncs will have to fly to Sydney and then do the drive, which may even it up. Manly does well at Gosford ... hopefully a big win to bring the overall win/loss back to evens at 23 games each (then leaving the Storm and St George as the only current teams who have positive win/loss against Manly).

The trainers Don't need to throw in the white towel....they have 50,000 fans ready to throw in the dirty towels....

All recruitment is tough

the game itself has tried to rid itself of footballers. They have adapted and adapted the rules and very few footy players emerge from RL. Plenty of boofers

The parterning with Tv as opposed to the clubs has left footy in a diabolical state with no long term plan for what the game will look like

The games grassroot developement is a shambles.

Only a few teams and coaches can really make a difference. In the end the game is just about energy as opposed to footy and when the game is energy based blowouts occur and players look worse.

Its up to the game to develop the footy players it needs to compete with other sports, but the game doesnt know what type of player in wants in round 10 , let alone in 10 years. The game just doesnt know who it is anymore, because greenberg always placated the wrong people most recently , but since superleage the game has never been rowing in the same direction.

And keep the coaches away from the rules ffs

No one else is going to produce halfbacks for RL but RL

As is usual , very interesting thoughts there James.

Unfortunately, Gosford and the Central Coast does not have an airport capable of handling an aircraft of any real size. So, the donkeys and other teams can’t land in the local area; they’ll have to either land at Sydney Kingsford Smith, maybe Bankstown as the slime used a week or so ago, or Williamtown(Newcastle).

As an FYI, there was a proposal to expand the airport at Warnervale(just north of Wyong) in the mid 1990’s, as had been planned by the then local Wyong District Council since the early- mid 1960’s on a area of land set aside for the purpose , by a consortium led by a locally prominent business family.

However, the local NIMBY’s whinged loudly enough, and got a single issue politician elected to NSW Parliament, to block the expansion.

Result, no local/ regional airport for a population of between 300,000 to 400,000, depending on how you define the Central Coast.

Dickh*eds :mad:; disclaimer, I’m both a pilot and a family friend of the family concerned.

I thought the Broncos would improve a lot this year (they still might) with the addition of a decent half in Croft. It was unfortunate they lost Bird (whom I rate as a very good player) before the season started. Regardless, on the field, they seem to lack leadership. For a long term solution, I think they should try harder to poach Bellamy. I don't like some of his coaching tactics, but his defensive structures work. Usually, players who enter the Storm system improve & I think he would do wonders with the current Broncos roster. Then again, an ex-Broncos coach such as Kev Walter could turn their fortunes around.

Disclaimer: I don't especially want the Broncos to succeed :)

Unfortunately, Gosford and the Central Coast does not have an airport capable of handling an aircraft of any real size. So, the donkeys and other teams can’t land in the local area; they’ll have to either land at Sydney Kingsford Smith, maybe Bankstown as the slime used a week or so ago, or Williamtown(Newcastle).

As an FYI, there was a proposal to expand the airport at Warnervale(just north of Wyong) in the mid 1990’s, as had been planned by the then local Wyong District Council since the early- mid 1960’s on a area of land set aside for the purpose , by a consortium led by a locally prominent business family.

However, the local NIMBY’s whinged loudly enough, and got a single issue politician elected to NSW Parliament, to block the expansion.

Result, no local/ regional airport for a population of between 300,000 to 400,000, depending on how you define the Central Coast.

Dickh*eds :mad:; disclaimer, I’m both a pilot and a family friend of the family concerned.
If they were serious they’d land at terrigal on the skillion. But clearly after last night they will take the soft option and use an airport.

lockyer was prepared to fly to Sydney in a helicopter at low altitude in 2011 in a bid to play with a broken cheekbone. The current bunch of losers probably want a luxury jet.

I would think Williamtown would be a quicker, more controlled route so I hope they have to fly to Bankstown or Mascot.
Trying to get from either airport to Gosford on a weekday could take anything from 2-4 hours.
Williamton 2 hours tops on the motorway.

Its a shame there wasnt 45,000 there tonight

To leave at half time.

The funny thing about those artificial crowd noises is that the sound guys still aren't getting it right.

How often do you hear the crowd cheering at Suncorp when the opposition is marching up field against Brisbane and almost scoring at will?

Are they getting it wrong HoldenV8?

Perhaps they’re just not donkeys fans; much like the rest of us; and are simply reacting like those of us watching on tv.

Last edited:
I posted it elsewhere but would just like to remind myself that the broncs only got 5k fans turn up when 10k were allowed last week. And they booed the team off at half time. lol weeee

Anyway... Bennett hits back!

Wayne Bennett has hit back at claims he left Brisbane in need of a rebuild and questioned Anthony Seibold's ability to get the best out of the NRL's struggling Broncos.

The most successful coach in premiership history on Tuesday broke his 18-month silence on the state of the Broncos after being dramatically sacked following the 2018 season by the club he'd guided to seven titles in 14 years.

"It was my intention to remain silent, but if the Brisbane chairman or any other person at the Broncos wants to make false assertions, I will set the record straight," Bennett told News Corp.

"Assertions have been made as to the quality of the roster and the state I left the club in.

"I was prepared to coach there in 2019 and 2020 with the roster that we had at the time and I don't think anybody in the game didn't think we could be a top-four side.

"I'm correcting the record here. The chairman must be oblivious to the running of the club - if the roster was so bad, why would Anthony Seibold take the job?

"Seibold took South Sydney to a preliminary final in 2018 (before joining the Broncos). I have no doubt he thought he could win a premiership with this Broncos roster.

"No coach, particularly a young one, would take a job with an inferior roster to the one he is leaving. You just don't do that.

"I did not coach or have a rundown football team at the Broncos."

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4