Lol @ Broncos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It seems to me that the off-season is more dangerous than actually playing.
There are so many players out before the season starts. Are today's players getting too muscle-bound?
Why has Cameron Smith escaped injury? He is neither big nor muscular yet he plays 80 minutes virtually every match.
Thoughts?
Smith is part of the Elites... He has many clones of himself this is why he plays every game and doesn't get injured

Smith is part of the Elites... He has many clones of himself this is why he plays every game and doesn't get injured
He doesn't get injured because the opposition players don't attack him. They just stand around mesmerised wondering what he is going to do with the ball. When he is on the attack, he comes in late at the end of tackles after his team mates have done most of the physical work. The only thing that he does by himself in games is kick goals.

He doesn't get injured because the opposition players don't attack him. They just stand around mesmerised wondering what he is going to do with the ball. When he is on the attack, he comes in late at the end of tackles after his team mates have done most of the physical work. The only thing that he does by himself in games is kick goals.
Agree , he rarely does any of the dirty work.

as much as I despise him ,he seems to be to be very fluid i.e flexible ,not overly muscle bound as mentioned in fact he strikes me as more of a yoga enthusiast who doesn't match force with force but uses the weight of the opponent against the actual opponent ,sort of like a martial artist,he is very clever and as we know very sneaky and just a grub.But in any case you have to grudgingly acknowledge his longevity ,durability and physicality in playing top level rugby league in the middle for over 20 bloody years.!!
My god I am almost starting to like him !!!,stop it !!!give yourself a smack over the chops ,,, wake up to yourself highflier!!!! ahhh thats better
Anyway lets hope he is ground into the hallowed turf on Sunday and the boys are picking bits of Smith out of there studs after the game
Go Manly !!!
Thank god you slapped yourself out of that. I , too grudgingly have to admit if more players spent more time on the mats engaging in various Martial arts, instead of trying to do dead-lifts wth a tonne of weight on them, they will find a lot more flexibility and a lot less injuries.

Mate I agree there has been countless times iv yelled just hit him.. smash him... TACKLE HIM! hes not fast or elusive i dont get why he hasn't been creamed yet. when he does get smashed a bit ie ballin he doesn't take it well and lashes out.. same with Matt parcel a few years ago. YouTube cam smith elbows Matt ballin.... the guy assaults Ballin AND gets the penalty. Classic nrl

It seems to me that the off-season is more dangerous than actually playing.
There are so many players out before the season starts. Are today's players getting too muscle-bound?
Why has Cameron Smith escaped injury? He is neither big nor muscular yet he plays 80 minutes virtually every match.
Thoughts?
So many factors mate, but with Bird, he has a massive history of injuries....going back to juniors....big risk by Broncos to sign him for such a long and expensive contract.
Certain players like your Smith, Maloney , Ennis types have had great injury free runs and agree....not the biggest players running around.
It can also come down to bad prep, diet, training and there can always be an element of bad luck, especially in such an intense contact sport.
I personally hope our own Tommy T gets a decent run, as he also has a fair injury record since breaking into the NRL and is key to our fortunes in years to come.

Mate I agree there has been countless times iv yelled just hit him.. smash him... TACKLE HIM! hes not fast or elusive i dont get why he hasn't been creamed yet. when he does get smashed a bit ie ballin he doesn't take it well and lashes out.. same with Matt parcel a few years ago. YouTube cam smith elbows Matt ballin.... the guy assaults Ballin AND gets the penalty. Classic nrl

That was a major part of the problem when we lost to them at Brookie late last year. No one went up and tackled him and he was just given way too much room to do whatever he wanted.

This post is dumbfounding, I don’t like the guy but could you be any more off base? the only things he does by himself is kick goals? the mesmerising of the opposition (as you said)is the single biggest skill an individual can have in footy, the time this affords him gives Storm the impetus they have had for 15 years

This post is dumbfounding, I don’t like the guy but could you be any more off base? the only things he does by himself is kick goals? the mesmerising of the opposition (as you said)is the single biggest skill an individual can have in footy, the time this affords him gives Storm the impetus they have had for 15 years
No, I don't think that I could be any more off base.

Going by some of the responses since my post and yours, it would appear that I am not alone in my thinking of why he doesn't get injured.

One thing that I would like to clear up from what I said earlier is where I said "When he is on the attack". What I meant to write, but not very clearly, is that when the Storm are defending and they are attacking the ball carrier to tackle them, he comes in late at the end of tackles after his team mates have done most of the physical work (maybe I shouldn't have said "late" either because that insinuates that he comes in after the tackle has been completed whereas he actually comes in towards the end to complete the tackle once the ball carrier forward momentum has just about stopped).

Anyway, you have your opinion of him and I have mine. Let's just leave it at that. :)

That was a major part of the problem when we lost to them at Brookie late last year. No one went up and tackled him and he was just given way too much room to do whatever he wanted.

Agreed, but every team gives him space, not just us. We need to cut down that space. He hates it when he has to do hard yards and that is the way to negate him. Igor, Freddy, Rambo, Ian Roberts and the like would not have allowed him that space. Hit him hard early and he will chicken out. Put Horhay in the second row in defence for the first 20 minutes.@:cool:

Broncos to miss the 8 and cbomb to be sacked.

Never liked the prick from the time he was at manly he’s a myth. Had one good season off the back of the squad madge built at souths

Perhaps they should exercise at gyms without mirrors because they all look good but break down a lot.

From what I saw of Jack Bird's latest hair-do .... there certainly are no mirrors in his gym .... looked like he fell asleep in a city sewer and had the top and front shortened by gnawing rats .... It is a blessing we wont have to see it this season ...

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6