• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The '47ers

When Eagles are silent Parrots begin to chatter
Winning one game doesn't win a series or end Qlds dominance, NSW got caught up in all their own hype. Back to even score and off to Suncorp for the decider. Wonder how Pearce will be feeling for the next 3wks, I doubt he'll have a solid poop in all that time.
We're lucky up here to have two heads as we use them to count how many wins it takes to claim the series.

Last edited:
Once again NSW won the first game of a series and got so far ahead of themselves that they actually seemed to be proclaiming their own decade of dominance. The fans and especially the media have been doing this for the past 2 weeks.

Queensland's era is over they said. Bennett will replace Walters and Qld are getting desperate, ditching their loyalty and making changes.

Once again, NSW underestimated the situation. They thought they had it and the next 10 years already won.

And once again it all blew up in NSW's face.

But as usual its the same tired old excuses that have come out. In today's DT, the same two referees who were being hailed for their wonderful performance in game 1 (which NSW won easily) are suddenly proclaimed as being out of their depth at this level because NSW lost. Its never the players or coaching staff or selectors who stuffed up and got it wrong, its ALWAYS the refs.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong on my earlier comments, the refs last night were definitely horrible and it did look for all intents and purposes like they had been told pre-game that game 3 needs to be a decider with Thurston's last game etc etc. But the simple fact remains that NSW blew it last night.

They had a 16-6 halftime lead and lost 18-16. As bad as the refs were, NSW were just as responsible for their own inept second half performance.

Hayne is a show pony who loves seeing his name in the headlines. Sometimes he does it right, last night his glory hound self got it wrong.

Mitchell Pearce is a good halfback.....in club football. He has proven out of his depth time and time again in Origin though. Sure he scored a try like any good backing up halfback should do. But when it came time to ice the game and win NSW the 2017 series, where was he? As has always been the case during his Origin career, he was MIA when the game was on the line. Cronk and especially JT were battered and bruised, but they were there when it counted, Pearce was not. And the NSW media has been proclaiming that he is the one who should take over from the Qld duo in the Australian team? He can't even get Origin right, he doesn't deserve a chance at a test jumper.

Only about 5 players can really hold their held up for NSW after last night, especially in the 2nd half. Jackson, Jake (who was awesome when on), Dugan, Peats and Cordner. Maybe Woods and Morris.

Last edited:
almost agree .... I thought Cordner missed a few tackles last night ... not his best performance imho

Boy Cordner should NOT be captain. He just not look like a guy you should see running out of the tunnel first. That was the bad sign for me.
Sack the boy!
NYEagle

The only person who choked was Walters on Checcins sword

As bad as the refs were mate, they didn't drop balls, miss tackles or not pass to unmarked outside supports. In a different way, NSW did what Brisbane did in the 2015 GF. They tried to shut up shop with about 20 to go. Instead of putting the game and series out of Queensland's reach, they kept them in the game and in the end it backfired.

As bad as the refs were mate, they didn't drop balls, miss tackles or not pass to unmarked outside supports. In a different way, NSW did what Brisbane did in the 2015 GF. They tried to shut up shop with about 20 to go. Instead of putting the game and series out of Queensland's reach, they kept them in the game and in the end it backfired.
They ****ed up sure but if the game was reffed 50/50 even being a pack of morons they'd have won

The cupboard was bare. Woods was the only other contender and he was no certainty to be chosen on form (though he did end up playing well, mainly in game 1).
Maloney.
Nobody would have told the refs to referee both teams equally, better from a NSW perspective.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4