LOL, Gillette are pathetic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Tournament final in doubt after sponsorship blow-up

BREAKING NEWS: The future of the 2009 Four Nations tournament is in doubt after major sponsors Gilette threatened to withdraw their support following a decision by Australia to display the “Movember” logo on their jerseys in today’s clash against France.

The Kangaroos were forced to change from their VB-sponsored jerseys due to liquor sponsorship laws in France, however the decision to promote the charity fundraiser has caused further problems.

“The Kangaroos were told before the match that we didn’t agree with their alternative jersey sponsor but they’ve chosen to ignore our advice and as such we will be reviewing our sponsorship of the tournament” says Gilette Marketing Director Mike Beardley.

“This is nothing against the charity or their causes, but it clearly conflicts with the Gilette brand which undermines the very nature of the sponsorship agreement.”

“You’ll never see Pepsi and Coke advertising at the same event, or Visa and MasterCard, so we don’t see why Gilette should compete with a clearly anti-shaving message.”

“It may sound petty but there’s nothing wrong with wanting to protect our investment into this competition.”

Tournament organisers have gone into damage-control mode with the suggestion that next weeks final could be called off if a resolution is not quickly reached.

“I’ve heard that without our sponsorship there may not be enough cash to stage the final next week, and while that isn’t a good look for the game here in England it’s quite frankly not my concern.”

that ****t should change his name or be fired
his surname is anti shaving

really how can someone with beard in their name work for gillette thats anti shaving

don't one of the shaving companies sponsor Movember?

The 4 nations competition is crap anyway.  Aren't PNG replacing France next year?  A complete joke.  Players should be resting, getting fit and over the season, ready for the next.   

Dan link said:

Shick, and that would have been a far more relevant point, especially after he made the coke/pepsi analogy

You are correct DSM, PNG won the Pacific Nations a couple of weekends back, beating Cook Islands in the final after the Cooks knocked off Samoa and Fiji

Where does Kharzikstan figure in all this?  We have tri nations, four nations, all nations.  Just who is leading this circus? 

I believe the Tri Nations is now dead and buried DSM

4 Nations will be played every year, alternating between hemisphere's, Oz, NZ and Eng will be there every year, with another tournament being played between the smaller nations for the 4th and final spot

Personally I don't see it as a bad thing, and something that should be good for the game in the long run if the likes of PNG, Samoa, France etc are getting regular matches to test themselves in. France actually showed some promise this tournament in the 1st half of each match

That is spot on Kiwi, the lower teams playing out for a spot is good for rugby league and especially in those nations, giving them a chance between the power teams like Aus, GB and NZ is a great idea. GB are starting to come along with their league nowadays and we all know the Kiwi's are a far better side, having other teams in the mix gives the game a better feel and future

Fro link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181986.msg245334#msg245334 date=1257724836]

Shick, and that would have been a far more relevant point, especially after he made the coke/pepsi analogy
[/quote]

It's actually spelt Schick :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7