Lockyer's better than you

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
A man was punched by NRL star Benji Marshall after saying Broncos player Darren Lockyer was better than him, a Sydney magistrate has been told.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/details-of-incident-revealed-at-benji-marshalls-court-case-at-downing-centre-local-court-on-tuesday/story-e6frf3ou-1226120459580

The guy deserved to be punched in the face to shut up his smart mouth.
Pathetic to call the Police. Settle what you start, smart arse.

I bet that guy would of kept repeating himself until benji snapped, i actually kinda feel sorry benji in this one..wierd
still, elite athletes/stars should expect that crap and walk away.

His mate didnt even stick up for him, bet he is a weedy little smart arse that thinks he can take on the world when pissed

Bull****! If Marshall can't handle a taunt like that he should step out of the limelight. It wouldn't have been the first and it won't be the last time he hears it.

Fonz said:
So if proven, you believe it was acceptable for Marshall to whack him?

Yep. He was prevoked by some no-body trying to be a big man.
If the guy keeps his mouth shut there is no incident.
What, are you one of the 'turn the other cheek' devotees?

No i'm not. But if i punch someone in the mouth i expect to be charged for it. It's not like it's a new law.

I love how the reporter was quoted that the NRL did there own enquirey and found Benji to be exemplery. If the courts prove otherwise the NRL should give these investigations away. They are a farce, and someone is getting paid for nothing

Benji does seem like a tosser but I really hope that nothing comes as a result of the claims. The idiot that tried to start him needs to be shown in public as the fool that he is.

Fonz said:
No i'm not. But if i punch someone in the mouth i expect to be charged for it. It's not like it's a new law.

What about verbal assault?
This guy is demeaning Benji and, it could be argued, bringing him to ridicule and reducing his worth as a professional footballer.

I'd support anyone who shut this muppet up.

The Who said:
Fonz said:

I see both side of this. Yeah he was a smartarse and probably deserved a wake up call in life , on the other hand someone questioning someones footy ability is hardly and excuse to up the ante. Marshall could have called him a nuffy wannabe and moved on,

Problem is where do you draw the line, smart mouth = jab to the snooter , Just cant see that working. The whole world would be anarchy and there would be plenty going on at manly games just because of this forum

In conclusion, ive talked myself into believing Benji should get 4 weeks

and another week for eating mcdonalds. Its worse than beer. When i have 20 beers and a big mac, that big mac always makes me feel sick the next day

If what is in the report is actually what happened then Marshall is probably lucky he can't punch very well. The Who, your code works fine in the big house where the biggest bullies rule the roost & a sideways glance can earn you a bashing, but does not have much merit in a civilised society. Our criminal system (evolved over hundreds of years) has never accepted provocation as a defence to an assault charge. By the way, for those who think a bit of bashing is just a normal way to assert your manhood on a Saturday night out, one punch can have disastrous consequences. I was going to suggest you ask David Hookes about that, but on second thoughts don't bother.

The Who said:
Fonz said:

I take your point TW and this bloke is obviously both a tool and a coward, but where does it stop. Come game day at Brookie and someone yells something to him like "Foz is twice the player you are Benji!", does that give him the right to jump the fence and kung-fu kick someone Cantona-style?

Another way there's no incident is for Benji to refrain from wandering the streets amongst drunken idiots at 4 in the morning. Unfortunately, that's the price of success and fame.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6