Lockyer out..........allegedly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mmmdl

Reserve Grader
According to this:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/exclusive-broncos-skipper-darren-lockyer-out-of-grand-final-qualifier/story-e6frexnr-1226142424373

Lockyer is not playing. Press conference @ 1pm apparently to confirm.

edit - the TAB has suspended betting as well, so there could actually be some truth.

Cambo said:
Pretty sad. I feel for the bloke.

So do I...just imagine if the great Beaver had of been injured prior to the 08 GF.

In my opinion this guy is the greatest player I have seen in the modern era (so say the last 10 years)....it's a real pity that he won't play, and if we win there will forever be that "but would you be there if not for the loss of Lockyer"

If we have seen his last game I dips my lid to him...pure genius on the field, for the Bronco's, Queensland and the only time I ever cheered him....Australia!!

manlysister said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Wonder how Beale feels about this development.
Thats the unfortunate part of this I feel sorry for Beale pure accident & he was only doing his job....

I know....the poor bastard.

So lets put him under a mountain of pressure this week. He should crumble :)

I really feel sorry for Beale. Lockyer should have been nowhere near the kick. He is not the fullback anymore and should know better.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Cambo said:
Pretty sad. I feel for the bloke.

So do I...just imagine if the great Beaver had of been injured prior to the 08 GF.

In my opinion this guy is the greatest player I have seen in the modern era (so say the last 10 years)....it's a real pity that he won't play, and if we win there will forever be that "but would you be there if not for the loss of Lockyer"

If we have seen his last game I dips my lid to him...pure genius on the field, for the Bronco's, Queensland and the only time I ever cheered him....Australia!!
Would we be there if not for the loss of Lockyer? When a fully fit Lockyer led his team in front of a full house for his fairwell party in brisbane they only managed to beat our heavily under strength team that was missing Snake , Gift , Foran, Hoppa , Lussick, King , by 18- 10. Not very convincing at all!!! Also when we fairwell the broncos on friday night there should be no ifs and buts as we will do it with out Gift , Lussick and King.

Thats really disappointing. Lockyer deserved to go out with his head held high having lost to the mighty sea eagles

Manly missing Glen Stewart (could've been Dally M medal winner), Jason King captain, David Williams (try scorer) and Darcy Lussick.
Broncos missing Hoffman, Lockyer. I still say the odds are in the Broncos favour. But we are gona smash them.

They're missing Lockyer and Hoffman.

We're missing Wolfman, King, Glenn Stewart and Lussick.

Points for guessing which team is portrayed by Murdoch-media as (sob) understrength?

Sooty Fan said:
DL had a good run. :)
A wise move to pull out.

Now lets just get it on!
By not going out against us he wont be going out as a looser . Wise man Lockyer :D

At least the last memory of him playing will be kicking the winning field goal to knock the Chokers out. Gotta love that!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6